Tim Hortons

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

1.9

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The manager went over store policy, uniforms, etc and asked why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. He stressed MANY times that the store was the busiest in the area during mornings and that it's high-stress. I said I was okay with that and a quick learner. We talked for maybe 30 minutes and then scheduled a second interview for the next day.

Next day I walked in and talked with a different manager. She said that since I had no experience with quick service food then I might have trouble catching on. She asked what I went to college for and why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. It's hard not to shout "because I need money and the economy sucks!" but I insisted I wanted something part-time so I could pursue a Master's Degree. After talking for about 20 minutes we scheduled orientation and she took my sizes for uniform.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really a negotiation... they talked about how they paid employees and how being late, missing work days, etc affected your pay for the week. We didn't talk base salary (yet) but surely we will during orientation.

Storefront Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2013.

First I applied online and than immediately I was contacted for an in store interview with the owner. I dressed semi-casual and was greeted with a friendly owner. If the owner likes you they will have you come in for a walk though where they have you see what the job will be like. It usually lasts a couple of hours and if you liked it they will put on the scheduled and you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • A good question they asked was describe a time when you did more than you were expected at work.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2012.

Interviewing was fairly straight forward. I submitted a resume to the General Manager, and was given an impromptu interview. I was then contacted by the franchise owner for a 2nd interview. The questions were fairly generic, mostly about customer service, problem solving and past experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, mostly "How would you handle X situation?" and "Give an example of when you display X quality".   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredonia, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredonia, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Application was submitted and a one on one interview with the owner. Very basic interview questions in a casual atmosphere and very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to Tim Hortons we do not already have?   Answer Question

Storefront Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Online applications are better. Neatness in writing and speaking huge deal. Interview laid back, but must be pleasant and respectful. A place big on politness and courtesy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult cusomter?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2010.

handed in an application. one interview in store. lasted20 minutes and filled out paper work there.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2008.

Fairly laid back, made sure that I was a reliable candidate. I had been referred by a current employee so I basically was hired immediately after the interview. Asked me about myself and my availability.

Storefront Employee Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview questions are quite basic. Simple behavioural and situational questions. Ex. What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing $5? %50? It is quite easy to determine what answers they are looking for.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons.

The employer asked very straight forward questions, none that were opinion-based. The employer was mainly concerned with when I can start and my availability. He also provided some background history of Tim Hortons. And told me what my responsibilities would be once I start working.