Tim Hortons

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Storefront Interview

Storefront

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied online and than immediately I was contacted for an in store interview with the owner. I dressed semi-casual and was greeted with a friendly owner. If the owner likes you they will have you come in for a walk though where they have you see what the job will be like. It usually lasts a couple of hours and if you liked it they will put on the scheduled and you are hired.

Interview Question – A good question they asked was describe a time when you did more than you were expected at work.   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The manager went over store policy, uniforms, etc and asked why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. He stressed MANY times that the store was the busiest in the area during mornings and that it's high-stress. I said I was okay with that and a quick learner. We talked for maybe 30 minutes and then scheduled a second interview for the next day.

Next day I walked in and talked with a different manager. She said that since I had no experience with quick service food then I might have trouble catching on. She asked what I went to college for and why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. It's hard not to shout "because I need money and the economy sucks!" but I insisted I wanted something part-time so I could pursue a Master's Degree. After talking for about 20 minutes we scheduled orientation and she took my sizes for uniform.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with food?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation... they talked about how they paid employees and how being late, missing work days, etc affected your pay for the week. We didn't talk base salary (yet) but surely we will during orientation.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier
Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly laid back, made sure that I was a reliable candidate. I had been referred by a current employee so I basically was hired immediately after the interview. Asked me about myself and my availability.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Fredonia, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – Application was submitted and a one on one interview with the owner. Very basic interview questions in a casual atmosphere and very comfortable.

Interview Question – What will you bring to Tim Hortons we do not already have?   Answer Question

Storefront Interview

Storefront
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Interview Details – Online applications are better. Neatness in writing and speaking huge deal. Interview laid back, but must be pleasant and respectful. A place big on politness and courtesy.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a difficult cusomter?   View Answer

Front Counter Staff Interview

Front Counter Staff

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

Interview Details – My dad got me this interview last minute, and it went really well for being my third interview (it was going to be my first job). Within three days I was offered a job, and I accepted. The person reviewing me was very friendly and nice. The staff was also very friendly. It was a great experience!

Interview Question – What do you know about Tim Hortons?   View Answer

Operations Representative Interview

Operations Representative

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – Applied through corporate website. Had a phone interview which was 20 minutes. Going over past experience and education related to the job. Talked about roles and responsibilities etc. Invited for an in person interview which lasted 30 minutes. Kind of intimidating, interviewed by 4 people. Asked about 20 questions, maybe more. Some i could remember:

-How to handle someone youre training who doesn’t understand or speak too much English?
-goes over resume, education, discuss experience
-going above and beyond for your workplace/colleague
-something unethical taking place at your workplace, how you handled it
-how to handle an irate customer
-something you wish you did differently after dealing with a customer
-what skills are important for this position, which is the most important
-how long do you see yourself with the company
-altercation with a colleague at work, how you handled it
-you hear feedback from your manager, how did you handle it
-if you had a lot of assigned tasks how would u manage, in order to finish on time? What if you had tasks left but couldn’t finish?
-a time where you had to focus on work only and things kept popping up

Interview Question – Some questions were strictly about your previous experience similar to the operations representative position. I think this is the only way you end up getting an interview, if you have the required experience.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview. Before the interview started I was told that only one position was available and many applicants had already been interviewed. I was then asked about my work experience and asked general interview questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes. I was then asked if I was interested in working at another location, I said yes. I was never contacted again.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to deal with a rude person and the result was positive ?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker
Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – it all depends on the location, each Tim Hortons manager hires their own way. Submit on line and you could be waiting a week. Walk in at the right time with an application and resume you could get an interview on the spot if the hiring person is in.

Interview Question – The only question that was unexpected for me was "Are you comfortable talking into a headset?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My availability was my main hold back, but it only took a few min to fix.

Front Counter Staff Interview

Front Counter Staff
Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Question – Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating it is min wage.