Tim Hortons Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
92 interviews

1.9

Front Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Haldimand County, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2012.

Tell me about yourself, situational questions where you felt most challenged. Overall was pretty easy they are not picky, you'll most likely get the job even if you don't have much experienced. Just tell that you're a hard worker and willing to learn and everything should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a situation where you felt most challenged.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they just give me $12/hr

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2013.

Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I had an appointment interview at 10:30am but I arrived there 15minutes earlier.The manager accommodated me so well. She asked me to answer 8-10 questions. It took me less than an hour there.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were emptying the trash bin and you have noticed that it was spilling on the floor and there were smudges also. What should you do?   View Answer
    No detailed negotiation yet.

General Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Fairly straight forward nothing to difficult to answer. Mostly based off of experience, as they judge you more on performance and how quick you learn when you get the position

Interview Questions
    Negotiations are available but fairly limitied

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

I applied through a 'WANTED' sign in front of the store and it was extremely close to where I lived. You just walk in and talk to one of the managers for an application to fill out and hand it back along with a resume. Shortly, you will get a call

Store Front Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cochrane, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cochrane, AB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

Really isn't overly difficult in the interview process, just make sure that whatever questions are asked to you that are customer related make sure that the customer is always happy in the end. Make sure when they ask you some of your best traits that they focus around people skills/leadership/responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Not many difficult questions, almost all of them are the same for each person.   Answer Question
    you're starting pay within reason

Storefront Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2010.

I submitted a resume in person, and I was called for an interview a couple days later. When I arrived, there were 4 or 5 other people there waiting for interviews as well. It was extremely casual, I didn't feel I answered the questions particularly well, but they offered me the job on the spot.

No negotiation.

Tom Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

They really only hire you if you're a friend of someone who works there

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with being the only one who speaks fluent English?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation