Tim Hortons

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

1.9

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I found out that they had a job fair at a nearby branch. I was the second person to come in. The interview was extremely easy. They asked about my availability and that was it. I got a call a couple of hours later telling me to come for orientation.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I applied online and I got a call to go to the store to have an interview. I was asked to fill out a in-store application and after I filled it out, I got a 1:1 interview. It took about 15-20 minutes asking about my experience, why I would like to work at Tim Hortons and what my salary expectations are. My interviewer was great and I got an offer of employment a few hours later. Make sure you come prepared with your resume and references.

min wage

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

it all depends on the location, each Tim Hortons manager hires their own way. Submit on line and you could be waiting a week. Walk in at the right time with an application and resume you could get an interview on the spot if the hiring person is in.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was unexpected for me was "Are you comfortable talking into a headset?"   Answer Question
    My availability was my main hold back, but it only took a few min to fix.

Front Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haldimand County, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

I was called for a phone interview. Before the interview started I was told that only one position was available and many applicants had already been interviewed. I was then asked about my work experience and asked general interview questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes. I was then asked if I was interested in working at another location, I said yes. I was never contacted again.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to deal with a rude person and the result was positive ?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I had an appointment interview at 10:30am but I arrived there 15minutes earlier.The manager accommodated me so well. She asked me to answer 8-10 questions. It took me less than an hour there.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were emptying the trash bin and you have noticed that it was spilling on the floor and there were smudges also. What should you do?   View Answer
    No detailed negotiation yet.

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Fairly straight forward nothing to difficult to answer. Mostly based off of experience, as they judge you more on performance and how quick you learn when you get the position

Interview Questions
    Negotiations are available but fairly limitied

Storefront Interview

Applied in Store, and hired a week later. Interview was less than 2 minutes

Store Front Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

It was pretty straight forward. Asked questions involving customer service and how I deal with certain situations!

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

I applied through a 'WANTED' sign in front of the store and it was extremely close to where I lived. You just walk in and talk to one of the managers for an application to fill out and hand it back along with a resume. Shortly, you will get a call