Tim Hortons

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

Interview Details – the process was friendly,to the point and quite professional. time was taken to review my expearance and ability in an effort to evaluate my potential as a possiable employee.

Interview Question – the setting was in a hospital so the most unexpected question was in referance to dealing with someone who may be irrational because of a situation happening to them at the moment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – in the process of having a hands on day to see if i fit the mold of the location.

Restaurant Team Member Interview

Restaurant Team Member
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted via phone to come in for an interview at my convenience, and a date was set up quickly. The interview was very good, mostly was questions directed at me, which is sometimes reasonable. I find it better if there is communication from both parties. The interview was informative about what to expect, such as pay, hours, etc. Hiring took a week as mentioned, which was very quick.

Interview Question – Tell me an example of a situation in which you saw a person doing something wrong, and what you did.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume to the manager in person after my friend put a word in for me who already works there. I met her and she was very friendly and open to what I was saying. I didn't have an interview as she called me on the phone and left a message saying i had gotten the job. She was very welcoming to the process. People i work with say they asked easy questions. (what would you do if...happened, how would you handle this situation etc)

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any questions   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Interview Details – Only had one interview, he hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions, just like when I can work, how I tried their stuff etc.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member
Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call for interview in the afternoon on the same day. The interview was really simple and took less than 10 mins. The manager asked me a couple of "what-if" questions and my availability. One question was something like: "how would you deal with the situation when a customer spilled her coffee and was mad about the situation?"

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   View Answer

Store Front Cashier Interview

Store Front Cashier
Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applying in person to the manager is best with an application and your resume.
Interview is easy once you get one. Just talk about how energetic you are and how you love team work and be flexible for scheduling. I gushed about how I love coffee and have experience in a fast-paced environment. It helps to say that you are willing to fill in for any short staffed days on short notice.

Interview Question – Do you mind working in all three of our stores? Seriously:)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – LOL...I do not wish, nor will I work nights. Manager: "no problem".

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – Pretty basic, situation questions, asked about availability, thought it went well asked for uniform sizes and was told starting pay but never got called back

Interview Question – Situation questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – fairly easy but the manager seemed like he did not want to hire anybody.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at tim hortons?   Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Store Front Cashier
Beamsville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an application with resume, received a call and set up a meeting. Proceeded to go to interview and was met with a manager, general interview questions were asked, nothing specific.

Interview Question – Would you ever be willing to become a supervisor if presented the opportunity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, it is a standard part time job

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. i just started working.