Tim Hortons

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – Pretty basic, situation questions, asked about availability, thought it went well asked for uniform sizes and was told starting pay but never got called back

Interview Question – Situation questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – fairly easy but the manager seemed like he did not want to hire anybody.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at tim hortons?   Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Store Front Cashier
Beamsville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an application with resume, received a call and set up a meeting. Proceeded to go to interview and was met with a manager, general interview questions were asked, nothing specific.

Interview Question – Would you ever be willing to become a supervisor if presented the opportunity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, it is a standard part time job

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. i just started working.

Crew Interview

Crew
Kingston, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

Interview Details – two interviews. interviewer put me at ease

Interview Question – do you plan to be here in a year   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation salary and benefits set

Very Easy Interview

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Newmarket, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2012.

Interview Details – My friend who worked there called me and said I had an interview without me ever even meeting the manager!
I met her, she loved me instantly and called up my references almost immediately after the interview had taken place. A day later I received a phone call to say I had gotten the job! I started about a week after said phone call.
She gave me a questionnaire sheet, but instead of me filling them out with my own knowledge, she literally gave me the answer booklet. Took about an hour to fill it all out even with the answers. Fairly unprofessional to say the least, but hey, I needed the money.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard about the questions regarding how to recognize a fake bill, and ladder safety. I had never learned anything about either of those things.
Other than that they were extremely basic. i.e. Why do you want to work here? Name a situation where you had to use team work to solve a problem, etc.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the student minimum. Absolutely zero negotiation.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – Interview process was very detailed. Was first by phone with hr. Then I had 3 separate interviews with the director.

Interview Question – Explain a day in the life of what you're doing now. This kind of threw me off!   Answer Question

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – I applied to 58 tim hortons, 5 called me back. 2 interviews that didnt lead to a job.

Those 2 interviews mainly consisted of situational based questions. Got the interview calls less than a week after applying.

Got an interview with another tims. They only asked me my availability and if i worked in food service before(i havent). Interview lasted a minute, got a call a couple of hours later asking if i would like the job. I accepted. Got 2 other tim hortons interviews after I accepted that offer, so i didnt go to those.

Interview Question – What can you offer us that they (their current workers) cant?
When was a situation when you went above and beyond your expectations?
When were you put in a difficult situation and how did you react?
  Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Store Front Cashier

Interview Details – Easy straight forward interview, basic questions

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2010.

Interview Details – Bring in resume
get a call to come in for interview
get asked why you want to work for tims
why do you feel this is a job for you
what are your strong points & your weak points

Interview Question – Telling them about your weak points   Answer Question