Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

1.9

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2013.

Went to an inerview in person, they really needed someone as soon as possible. Exuded confidence, answered questions the way they should have been answered. Charmed people and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wont be any at Tims. All basic questions that shouldnt stump you.   Answer Question
    was no negotiation phase.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Pretty basic, situation questions, asked about availability, thought it went well asked for uniform sizes and was told starting pay but never got called back

Sales Associate Interview

fairly easy but the manager seemed like he did not want to hire anybody.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

The was a very quick telephone screening interview (2-3 questions about availabilities). Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview but the manager never showed up so I was just asked to start working right away.

There was no negotiation. i just started working.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Amable, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Amable, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2013.

In my case, it was very easy because a new store just opened. I was dressed normally, not having anything special, and I have been honest and always smiling.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

I applied online and got a call for interview in the afternoon on the same day. The interview was really simple and took less than 10 mins. The manager asked me a couple of "what-if" questions and my availability. One question was something like: "how would you deal with the situation when a customer spilled her coffee and was mad about the situation?"

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Only had one interview, he hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions, just like when I can work, how I tried their stuff etc.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied to 58 tim hortons, 5 called me back. 2 interviews that didnt lead to a job.

Those 2 interviews mainly consisted of situational based questions. Got the interview calls less than a week after applying.

Got an interview with another tims. They only asked me my availability and if i worked in food service before(i havent). Interview lasted a minute, got a call a couple of hours later asking if i would like the job. I accepted. Got 2 other tim hortons interviews after I accepted that offer, so i didnt go to those.

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer us that they (their current workers) cant?
      When was a situation when you went above and beyond your expectations?
      When were you put in a difficult situation and how did you react?
        Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview process was very detailed. Was first by phone with hr. Then I had 3 separate interviews with the director.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a day in the life of what you're doing now. This kind of threw me off!   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2013.

Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.