Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.9

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard. Asked many situational questions, what would you do if. Also past experience, how you handle difficult situations. No questions were unexpected. Also ask about availability, how long you plan on working there, your transportation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer spilt their coffee and was embarrassed about it?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Simpe Conversation, the manager have basic converstaion with me, asking my previous job and my skill set. I think it is about 10-20 minutes. They are very nice and friendly people. Then, they said they will call me after.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was aplly personally. They call me after 2 days. The manager was very nice. The questions was simple. Then described what should i have to do.they are interested how would you do in some specific situations (if someone is in a bad mood, if the change are not comming on time)

Interview Questions

• Whar is your availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online for multiple locations, and the next morning I received a phone call from the manager for a interview on that day. The interview basically asks: why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job, and explains his expectation and workers responsibilities. He said he would let me know in three days, still, I worried that I won't get the job.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you, available time, references, why do you leave your last job,   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a first round interview over the phone with HR, which was a typical behavioural interview. Got invited to their head office in Oakville to interview with members of their team, which was mostly made of HR employees and some heads of different departments. The day started off by splitting the candidates into smaller groups with a speed round of 1 on 1 interviews. For my group, I had 3, 15 minute interviews, which mostly asked me about my experiences and some brainteasers (angle between the the clock hands when it was 5:15, 37*37, how many cups of coffee are sold by tim hortons everyday). This was not a difficult part if you have prepared for normal interviews. The next part is a game where they test you on your teamwork and analytical skills. You're put into teams and the goal is to help expand a business in a certain part of the world. The game itself is not difficult, but in order to move on to the next round, you have to make sure the interviewers see that you're an active participant and able to show the aforementioned skills. Each group is given three evaluators and you move on if 2 out of the 3 evaluators give you a pass. They only started using this interview format because of the merger with BK. If you look under BK in glassdoor, you will see an identical format for the leadership development program (and give you more questions to prep from). And you can tell that the interviewers were not really looking for who they thought were the best candidates for Tim Hortons, but who could best match the checklist given to them from BK. This really took away from the personal connection between the interviewers and interviewees. I didn't make it to the last round, but from what I heard, it's essentially a panel of interviewers grilling you with questions. This part shouldn't be too difficult as long as you have done some preparation for interviews and expect to be grilled by the more senior members of the firm.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. The manager was super nice. No hard questions at all only some basic behaviour questions. is there any related experience. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next week. Then I met 1 on 1 with the store manager who asked very basic questions, all the questions can be answered with common sense. Is all about the costumer experience and building relationships with the regulars.

Interview Questions

• - How do you deal with a difficult costumer? - If you got a order wrong, what do you do? - Do you think there is an impossible costumer? - If a costumer drops their coffee, what would you do? - If you see a co-worker stealing, how would you react?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Chatham, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. In the first interview we talked over coffee and traded stories. There were a lot of questions asked through the online application, and I think we reviewed a few of those. I thought I was applying to a full time position, but the online job description didn't make that clear and it turned out the position was for peak hours and part time with the potential to go to full time based on the store's success. The second interview was short, I was pretty sure they had decided to extend the offer at the end of the first interview. Maybe that is the reason for a three question second interview - it also could have possibly a training exercise for an assistant manager since there were two people in attendance and I was interviewed by a different person.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly "What would you do if.." questions. What would you do if a customer was upset after spilling his or her drink? How would you handle a customer who comes in and clearly hasn't been having a good day?   1 Answer

In this case, I was looking for work that would either be full time or that would line up reasonably well with the hours I already had covered for child care. Since this position was part time and help was needed on days where I was without care it would cost me more in time and effort to accept the position than it was worth. Minimum wage is not enough when about three quarters of what you make goes to pay for care.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online for one store, was called two days later from a woman at a different location. I got an interview for the beginning of next week. They basically wanted me because of my availability and previous work experience. The position was for night shifts.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? What are your greatest weaknesses/strengths, what would you do if there was an angry customer, explain a Tims you were under pressure how did you handle it? Why should we hire you? Tell me something about yourself? Are you in school?