Tim Hortons Store Front Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

1.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Front Cashier Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Quick, easy interview in a really small confined space. Didn't take much convincing to tell them why I should be hired. I definitely aced the interview and I felt very comfortable speaking to the manager. I highly suggest that young people consider Tim Horton's for employment. Older, more skilled people can do better.

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Store Front/Cashier Interview

went to store to apply in person also applied online

Interview Questions
    • expected questions because it's an entry level position- know that you have to work hard and work in teams and move quickly   Answer Question
    interview, then got called back to say i had the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2010.

handed in an application. one interview in store. lasted20 minutes and filled out paper work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2008.

Fairly laid back, made sure that I was a reliable candidate. I had been referred by a current employee so I basically was hired immediately after the interview. Asked me about myself and my availability.

Store Front Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

It was pretty straight forward. Asked questions involving customer service and how I deal with certain situations!

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Went in to the location manager gave me the interview answer sheet told me to fill in my answers which i thought was strange instead of asking me for it. I filled everything in after that she asked me what experience I had told her I was experienced having previously worked in fast food and retail so she said that good she didn't really have to tell me much because she believed i was capable asked me what size i wore took measurements said the district manager would call me if i got the job i stuck around a little late eating breakfast when the district manager came out and offered me the job on the spot.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied to 58 tim hortons, 5 called me back. 2 interviews that didnt lead to a job.

Those 2 interviews mainly consisted of situational based questions. Got the interview calls less than a week after applying.

Got an interview with another tims. They only asked me my availability and if i worked in food service before(i havent). Interview lasted a minute, got a call a couple of hours later asking if i would like the job. I accepted. Got 2 other tim hortons interviews after I accepted that offer, so i didnt go to those.

Interview Questions
    • What can you offer us that they (their current workers) cant?
      When was a situation when you went above and beyond your expectations?
      When were you put in a difficult situation and how did you react?
        Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Easy straight forward interview, basic questions

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

Applied on-line. Got call from HR Manager the other day. Interview was very easy, just basic questions (your weaknesses and strengths, why you want to work here, why should we hire you, etc.) Felt like I was dressed-up too officially.However, I think, it's better than to come in sneakers)). Not so easy to tell about Tim Hortons in general as most of them function on franchises, so everything depends on ownership.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Latter I asked my manager to get more hours and I got 40 hrs/per week(initially applied for part-time)

Store Front/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Applied online for the position. Got a call regarding an interview. Arrived early but manager took over an hour after appointed time to get to me. I was handed a form that I was supposed to have been given before regarding past employers, references, etc.

Mostly customer service questions. Fairly easy to answer. However, the manager answered 2-3 personal calls during the interview, cutting off my reply several times.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you showed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, the turnover rate is quite high and did not think they would hire me if I did.