Tim Hortons Store Front Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Canton, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week to the tim hortons in Detroit and the Tim Hortons in Canton call me this week 03/09/15 for a interview for the following day I accepted the interview date and time which was 2:30pm. Once I got there they did not have any customers inside. It was quiet that made it perfect for me. I was about 30 mins early for the interview. So I sat in the dining area for a few minutes the cashier brought me a application to fill out as I was filling the application out the manager came out I shook her hand and thanked her for taking the time to give me the interview because it is hard trying to find a job. She understood the questions were easy common what would you do questions. She gave me the job immediately she put me on the schedule for four days start told me what to wear. For those planning a interview with tim hortons stay calm at all times. I wore a button up shirt and dress pants with heels. Alway smile. And be humble.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Tim Hortons ?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
  • What would you do if a customer was complaining that they have the wrong order?   1 Answer
  • What would do if a customer came in upset?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Store Front Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Quick, easy interview in a really small confined space. Didn't take much convincing to tell them why I should be hired. I definitely aced the interview and I felt very comfortable speaking to the manager. I highly suggest that young people consider Tim Horton's for employment. Older, more skilled people can do better.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Interview

went to store to apply in person also applied online

Interview Questions

• expected questions because it's an entry level position- know that you have to work hard and work in teams and move quickly   Answer Question

Negotiation

interview, then got called back to say i had the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

just be nice and bring your birth certificate and all paper work requested by them when they called u for the interview. and when your interview is done, say thank you for ur consideration ,also be professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

handed in an application. one interview in store. lasted20 minutes and filled out paper work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Dublin, OH) in October 2008.

Interview

Fairly laid back, made sure that I was a reliable candidate. I had been referred by a current employee so I basically was hired immediately after the interview. Asked me about myself and my availability.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Why do you want to work here? What are your greatest weaknesses/strengths, what would you do if there was an angry customer, explain a Tims you were under pressure how did you handle it? Why should we hire you? Tell me something about yourself? Are you in school?

Store Front Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Asked questions involving customer service and how I deal with certain situations!

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Went in to the location manager gave me the interview answer sheet told me to fill in my answers which i thought was strange instead of asking me for it. I filled everything in after that she asked me what experience I had told her I was experienced having previously worked in fast food and retail so she said that good she didn't really have to tell me much because she believed i was capable asked me what size i wore took measurements said the district manager would call me if i got the job i stuck around a little late eating breakfast when the district manager came out and offered me the job on the spot.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied to 58 tim hortons, 5 called me back. 2 interviews that didnt lead to a job.

Those 2 interviews mainly consisted of situational based questions. Got the interview calls less than a week after applying.

Got an interview with another tims. They only asked me my availability and if i worked in food service before(i havent). Interview lasted a minute, got a call a couple of hours later asking if i would like the job. I accepted. Got 2 other tim hortons interviews after I accepted that offer, so i didnt go to those.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer us that they (their current workers) cant?
      When was a situation when you went above and beyond your expectations?
      When were you put in a difficult situation and how did you react?

Answer Question