Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Storefront Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Storefront Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2013.

First I applied online and than immediately I was contacted for an in store interview with the owner. I dressed semi-casual and was greeted with a friendly owner. If the owner likes you they will have you come in for a walk though where they have you see what the job will be like. It usually lasts a couple of hours and if you liked it they will put on the scheduled and you are hired.

Interview Questions
  • A good question they asked was describe a time when you did more than you were expected at work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2012.

Online applications are better. Neatness in writing and speaking huge deal. Interview laid back, but must be pleasant and respectful. A place big on politness and courtesy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult cusomter?   View Answer

Applied in Store, and hired a week later. Interview was less than 2 minutes

Storefront Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eglinton East, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eglinton East, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2010.

Submit resume and application in person. Communication through phone and only one interview. The experience depends on store manger and store operator; however, in general, they'll let the candidate know that they emphasis on customer satisfaction and food quality and expect the same from candidate.

Storefront Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2010.

The phone interview was short and sweet, basically asking what locations I could work and about my work history. I was told to come in for an interview at an office (not a restaurant).

The 1:1 interview was difficult for me at the time because I didn't know that interviewers asked questions about situations you've encountered at your previous workplace. It had been almost a year since I had a job, so I had no memory of anything.

At the end of the interview, the HR manager told me that they hired a lot of people already and they would probably hire me if something didn't work out with them. I'm not sure if that was just a nice way of saying "don't count on getting a phone call", but it was certainly an overall waste of effort, time, and money for transportation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you handled difficult situation with co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventative measures.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question