Tim Hortons

Updated Dec 20, 2014

1.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied at snagajob.com and last Thursday I was then called, and I was invited in for an interview on Saturday the 27th. However I received word from a different job i applied to, and I was hired. I then called Tim Hortons to explain the situation, and to cancel my interview. When I called on the 25th, I was rudely told that I had missed my interview, and that he was not interested in talking to me. I proceeded to tell him that my interview was scheduled for the 27th, and that I had not in fact, "missed it". Then I told him that I had been hired somewhere else, and he said "Good, goodbye". I am quite glad that I was not hired by someone who has such a lack of common courtesy. I had received no e-mail confirmation of the interview, and the whole process was very unprofessional. I would advise anyone who is considering applying for a job here, to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions of the phone interview were difficult, but I was taken aback by the rudeness of the management.   Answer Question

I found a better job, with better pay, and a more courteous and professional management.

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call two days later to come in for an interview. I sat down with the manager and was asked questions about my experience and what hours I would be able to work. Everything was very casual and relaxed. Other questions were what can you bring to our team/how would you deal with the situation, etc, etc. I was offered the job on the spot and was given a uniform and dates for training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when it was difficult for you to tell the truth. When was a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They start at minimum wage which I expected.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Filled out an application online. Got a call within 10 minutes of filling out the application. Interview the next day & started working the following day. The interview was very laid back. Didn't ask too many questions. Just where I currently went to school, how long I had left, my past work experience, and when i could start. I use to work at Mcdonalds so she loved that. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions..fairly simple   Answer Question
    None.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in December 2014.

I applied online, got a call that night for an interview. I didn't pick up so I called back the next morning and scheduled an interview for the next day. Went to the interview, the manager was super nice and very laid back. No hard questions at all. I got asked a couple behaviour questions, like what would I do if someone spilt coffee on themselves. She then explained the job and the company. Hired me on the spot. Went in the next day to do a sign up and then orientation was the day after.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone split coffee on themselves in the restaurant?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

Applied online at the website then got a call from the manager to set up for an interview. It was very casual, just asked about my availability and experience then hired me on the spot.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I found out that they had a job fair at a nearby branch. I was the second person to come in. The interview was extremely easy. They asked about my availability and that was it. I got a call a couple of hours later telling me to come for orientation.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Only had one interview, he hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions, just like when I can work, how I tried their stuff etc.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

I handed in my resume to the manager in person after my friend put a word in for me who already works there. I met her and she was very friendly and open to what I was saying. I didn't have an interview as she called me on the phone and left a message saying i had gotten the job. She was very welcoming to the process. People i work with say they asked easy questions. (what would you do if...happened, how would you handle this situation etc)

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2012.

It is a very easy interview. The manager just try to confirm how long you gonna stay here, as they don't want to waste their time on training if you would only work there for less than half year.

Team Member Interview

The interview was fairly easy. Asked basic questions about teamwork, hours of commitment, and basic interview questions.