Tim Hortons

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call two days later to come in for an interview. I sat down with the manager and was asked questions about my experience and what hours I would be able to work. Everything was very casual and relaxed. Other questions were what can you bring to our team/how would you deal with the situation, etc, etc. I was offered the job on the spot and was given a uniform and dates for training.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when it was difficult for you to tell the truth. When was a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They start at minimum wage which I expected.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Got a call within 10 minutes of filling out the application. Interview the next day & started working the following day. The interview was very laid back. Didn't ask too many questions. Just where I currently went to school, how long I had left, my past work experience, and when i could start. I use to work at Mcdonalds so she loved that. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions..fairly simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume to the manager in person after my friend put a word in for me who already works there. I met her and she was very friendly and open to what I was saying. I didn't have an interview as she called me on the phone and left a message saying i had gotten the job. She was very welcoming to the process. People i work with say they asked easy questions. (what would you do if...happened, how would you handle this situation etc)

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any questions   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Interview Details – Only had one interview, he hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions, just like when I can work, how I tried their stuff etc.

Newmarket, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2012.

Interview Details – My friend who worked there called me and said I had an interview without me ever even meeting the manager!
I met her, she loved me instantly and called up my references almost immediately after the interview had taken place. A day later I received a phone call to say I had gotten the job! I started about a week after said phone call.
She gave me a questionnaire sheet, but instead of me filling them out with my own knowledge, she literally gave me the answer booklet. Took about an hour to fill it all out even with the answers. Fairly unprofessional to say the least, but hey, I needed the money.

Interview Question – I was caught off guard about the questions regarding how to recognize a fake bill, and ladder safety. I had never learned anything about either of those things.
Other than that they were extremely basic. i.e. Why do you want to work here? Name a situation where you had to use team work to solve a problem, etc.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the student minimum. Absolutely zero negotiation.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very easy interview. The manager just try to confirm how long you gonna stay here, as they don't want to waste their time on training if you would only work there for less than half year.

Interview Question – What's you plan in one year?   View Answer

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. Asked basic questions about teamwork, hours of commitment, and basic interview questions.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2011.

Interview Details – interview process was smoother than I had initially expected; the manager called me to set an appointment day. I went to the specified date and I was immediately greeted by the store staff. I proceeded to take a set and I didn't have to wait for too long until the store manager arrived.

Interview Question – What can you do for us?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was for a position at a branch location, not the head office. The interview was relatively quick, about 20 minutes at most. They offered me the position on the spot (maybe they just needed people). It was a relatively easy interview, and they didn't ask any difficult questions. I did not prep for this interview at all, and it went fine.

Interview Question – What would you do in a situation where a customer becomes aggressive?   Answer Question

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!