Tim Hortons Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

1.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied at snagajob.com and last Thursday I was then called, and I was invited in for an interview on Saturday the 27th. However I received word from a different job i applied to, and I was hired. I then called Tim Hortons to explain the situation, and to cancel my interview. When I called on the 25th, I was rudely told that I had missed my interview, and that he was not interested in talking to me. I proceeded to tell him that my interview was scheduled for the 27th, and that I had not in fact, "missed it". Then I told him that I had been hired somewhere else, and he said "Good, goodbye". I am quite glad that I was not hired by someone who has such a lack of common courtesy. I had received no e-mail confirmation of the interview, and the whole process was very unprofessional. I would advise anyone who is considering applying for a job here, to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions of the phone interview were difficult, but I was taken aback by the rudeness of the management.   Answer Question

I found a better job, with better pay, and a more courteous and professional management.

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call two days later to come in for an interview. I sat down with the manager and was asked questions about my experience and what hours I would be able to work. Everything was very casual and relaxed. Other questions were what can you bring to our team/how would you deal with the situation, etc, etc. I was offered the job on the spot and was given a uniform and dates for training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when it was difficult for you to tell the truth. When was a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They start at minimum wage which I expected.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Filled out an application online. Got a call within 10 minutes of filling out the application. Interview the next day & started working the following day. The interview was very laid back. Didn't ask too many questions. Just where I currently went to school, how long I had left, my past work experience, and when i could start. I use to work at Mcdonalds so she loved that. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions..fairly simple   Answer Question
    None.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I found out that they had a job fair at a nearby branch. I was the second person to come in. The interview was extremely easy. They asked about my availability and that was it. I got a call a couple of hours later telling me to come for orientation.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Only had one interview, he hired me on the spot. He didn't ask a lot of questions, just like when I can work, how I tried their stuff etc.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

I handed in my resume to the manager in person after my friend put a word in for me who already works there. I met her and she was very friendly and open to what I was saying. I didn't have an interview as she called me on the phone and left a message saying i had gotten the job. She was very welcoming to the process. People i work with say they asked easy questions. (what would you do if...happened, how would you handle this situation etc)

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2012.

It is a very easy interview. The manager just try to confirm how long you gonna stay here, as they don't want to waste their time on training if you would only work there for less than half year.

Team Member Interview

The interview was fairly easy. Asked basic questions about teamwork, hours of commitment, and basic interview questions.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newmarket, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2012.

My friend who worked there called me and said I had an interview without me ever even meeting the manager!
    I met her, she loved me instantly and called up my references almost immediately after the interview had taken place. A day later I received a phone call to say I had gotten the job! I started about a week after said phone call.
    She gave me a questionnaire sheet, but instead of me filling them out with my own knowledge, she literally gave me the answer booklet. Took about an hour to fill it all out even with the answers. Fairly unprofessional to say the least, but hey, I needed the money.

Interview Questions
    • I was caught off guard about the questions regarding how to recognize a fake bill, and ladder safety. I had never learned anything about either of those things.
      Other than that they were extremely basic. i.e. Why do you want to work here? Name a situation where you had to use team work to solve a problem, etc.
        Answer Question
    I was offered the student minimum. Absolutely zero negotiation.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2011.

interview process was smoother than I had initially expected; the manager called me to set an appointment day. I went to the specified date and I was immediately greeted by the store staff. I proceeded to take a set and I didn't have to wait for too long until the store manager arrived.

Interview Questions

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!