Tim Hortons

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.0

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in July 2014.

The interviewing process was fairly simple I brought in a resume and was asked what specifically I did for each item under experience. I was also asked about my knowledge of Tim Hortons. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE BUSINESS!!! If you do it leaves a great mark on the employer.

Interview Questions
  • There really wasn't one if you do some studying of the buisness   Answer Question
Everybody on here says there's no way to get above minimum wage but I was offered in at 8.00 dollars an hour which is what I was hoping for.

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The manager went over store policy, uniforms, etc and asked why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. He stressed MANY times that the store was the busiest in the area during mornings and that it's high-stress. I said I was okay with that and a quick learner. We talked for maybe 30 minutes and then scheduled a second interview for the next day.

Next day I walked in and talked with a different manager. She said that since I had no experience with quick service food then I might have trouble catching on. She asked what I went to college for and why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. It's hard not to shout "because I need money and the economy sucks!" but I insisted I wanted something part-time so I could pursue a Master's Degree. After talking for about 20 minutes we scheduled orientation and she took my sizes for uniform.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really a negotiation... they talked about how they paid employees and how being late, missing work days, etc affected your pay for the week. We didn't talk base salary (yet) but surely we will during orientation.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

I applied online and within a few days I received a call. The manager was nice and it didn't really feel like an interview at all. The questions were simple and easy to answer. The interview was in the store and everyone who applied had to fill out an application on everything. Overall, great experience.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I had an appointment interview at 10:30am but I arrived there 15minutes earlier.The manager accommodated me so well. She asked me to answer 8-10 questions. It took me less than an hour there.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were emptying the trash bin and you have noticed that it was spilling on the floor and there were smudges also. What should you do?   View Answer
    No detailed negotiation yet.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

I applied through a 'WANTED' sign in front of the store and it was extremely close to where I lived. You just walk in and talk to one of the managers for an application to fill out and hand it back along with a resume. Shortly, you will get a call

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Pretty basic, situation questions, asked about availability, thought it went well asked for uniform sizes and was told starting pay but never got called back

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

I applied online and got a call for interview in the afternoon on the same day. The interview was really simple and took less than 10 mins. The manager asked me a couple of "what-if" questions and my availability. One question was something like: "how would you deal with the situation when a customer spilled her coffee and was mad about the situation?"

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

Applied online, application included an assessment test. Received a call to schedule an interview several weeks later. I was asked to bring a copy of my updated references. The interview took place right at the dining area in the store. The manager was nice. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer spills their drink, what would you do?
      Give an example of a time you had to work in a team, include situation, action and result.
      Give an example of when you went above and beyond

View Answer