Tim Hortons

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tim Hortons Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The manager went over store policy, uniforms, etc and asked why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. He stressed MANY times that the store was the busiest in the area during mornings and that it's high-stress. I said I was okay with that and a quick learner. We talked for maybe 30 minutes and then scheduled a second interview for the next day.

Next day I walked in and talked with a different manager. She said that since I had no experience with quick service food then I might have trouble catching on. She asked what I went to college for and why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. It's hard not to shout "because I need money and the economy sucks!" but I insisted I wanted something part-time so I could pursue a Master's Degree. After talking for about 20 minutes we scheduled orientation and she took my sizes for uniform.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with food?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation... they talked about how they paid employees and how being late, missing work days, etc affected your pay for the week. We didn't talk base salary (yet) but surely we will during orientation.

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – I had an appointment interview at 10:30am but I arrived there 15minutes earlier.The manager accommodated me so well. She asked me to answer 8-10 questions. It took me less than an hour there.

Interview Question – What if you were emptying the trash bin and you have noticed that it was spilling on the floor and there were smudges also. What should you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No detailed negotiation yet.

Tim Hortons Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a 'WANTED' sign in front of the store and it was extremely close to where I lived. You just walk in and talk to one of the managers for an application to fill out and hand it back along with a resume. Shortly, you will get a call

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, application included an assessment test. Received a call to schedule an interview several weeks later. I was asked to bring a copy of my updated references. The interview took place right at the dining area in the store. The manager was nice. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Question – If a customer spills their drink, what would you do?
Give an example of a time you had to work in a team, include situation, action and result.
Give an example of when you went above and beyond
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call for interview in the afternoon on the same day. The interview was really simple and took less than 10 mins. The manager asked me a couple of "what-if" questions and my availability. One question was something like: "how would you deal with the situation when a customer spilled her coffee and was mad about the situation?"

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   View Answer

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details – Pretty basic, situation questions, asked about availability, thought it went well asked for uniform sizes and was told starting pay but never got called back

Interview Question – Situation questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons Tim Hortons Team Member interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.