Tim Hortons

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Counter Staff Interview

Front Counter Staff
Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details – I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Question – Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was easy. Basic personality, time management and work ethic questions. Interviewer was very friendly. Some problem-solving scenarios were given. Customer service mock issues were presented to assess this. Overall, good interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Tom Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Tom Hortons - Store Front/Baker
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

Interview Details – They really only hire you if you're a friend of someone who works there

Interview Question – Are you okay with being the only one who speaks fluent English?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Store Front/Baker Interview

Store Front/Baker
Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2014.

Interview Details – I've applied to Tim Hortons many times through the website and heard nothing, but this time I sent my resume through an ad on Kijiji and got a call the next day for an interview. Didn't have to fill out any applications. Interview was done with the assistant manager in the restaurant at one of the tables, though they were actually hiring for a different location than the one I went to for the interview. There were two positions open for a morning baker or an overnight storefront shift so he talked a bit about the responsibilities of each and which would be more suitable for me. My lack of experience didn't seem to be much of a concern, they just want to know you can work hard and keep up, but said there's no pressure to know everything right away. Sounded good to me. He had a sheet of questions that he asked me and jotted down my answers. Pretty straight forward questions mostly related to customer service - like what would you do to go above and beyond for the customer and how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. This was my first interview ever so of course I was nervous but I was polite and attentive and thought I answered the questions well. Was asked for my references and was told I would hear from them soon, never got a call though so maybe I just didn't stand out enough or have the experience they were looking for.

Interview Question – What does hospitality mean to you?   View Answer

Counter Clerk Interview

Counter Clerk
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy after the phone call hired within 3 days

Interview Question – How would you state your previous job affected you?   View Answer

Cashier/Baker Interview

Cashier/Baker
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is just to see if you are a normal person. Asked basic math and what kind of person I am

Interview Question – Where I see myself in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Store Front/Cashier
Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Interview Details – Went in to the location manager gave me the interview answer sheet told me to fill in my answers which i thought was strange instead of asking me for it. I filled everything in after that she asked me what experience I had told her I was experienced having previously worked in fast food and retail so she said that good she didn't really have to tell me much because she believed i was capable asked me what size i wore took measurements said the district manager would call me if i got the job i stuck around a little late eating breakfast when the district manager came out and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Everything was straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Baker Interview

Baker
Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an inerview in person, they really needed someone as soon as possible. Exuded confidence, answered questions the way they should have been answered. Charmed people and got the job.

Interview Question – Wont be any at Tims. All basic questions that shouldnt stump you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was no negotiation phase.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

Interview Details – the process was friendly,to the point and quite professional. time was taken to review my expearance and ability in an effort to evaluate my potential as a possiable employee.

Interview Question – the setting was in a hospital so the most unexpected question was in referance to dealing with someone who may be irrational because of a situation happening to them at the moment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – in the process of having a hands on day to see if i fit the mold of the location.

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2013.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume to the manager in person after my friend put a word in for me who already works there. I met her and she was very friendly and open to what I was saying. I didn't have an interview as she called me on the phone and left a message saying i had gotten the job. She was very welcoming to the process. People i work with say they asked easy questions. (what would you do if...happened, how would you handle this situation etc)

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any questions   Answer Question

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!