Tim Hortons Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Oct 8, 2014

1.6

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I found out that they had a job fair at a nearby branch. I was the second person to come in. The interview was extremely easy. They asked about my availability and that was it. I got a call a couple of hours later telling me to come for orientation.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

I applied online and I got a call to go to the store to have an interview. I was asked to fill out a in-store application and after I filled it out, I got a 1:1 interview. It took about 15-20 minutes asking about my experience, why I would like to work at Tim Hortons and what my salary expectations are. My interviewer was great and I got an offer of employment a few hours later. Make sure you come prepared with your resume and references.

min wage

Front Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haldimand County, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons.

I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Store Front/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2014.

I've applied to Tim Hortons many times through the website and heard nothing, but this time I sent my resume through an ad on Kijiji and got a call the next day for an interview. Didn't have to fill out any applications. Interview was done with the assistant manager in the restaurant at one of the tables, though they were actually hiring for a different location than the one I went to for the interview. There were two positions open for a morning baker or an overnight storefront shift so he talked a bit about the responsibilities of each and which would be more suitable for me. My lack of experience didn't seem to be much of a concern, they just want to know you can work hard and keep up, but said there's no pressure to know everything right away. Sounded good to me. He had a sheet of questions that he asked me and jotted down my answers. Pretty straight forward questions mostly related to customer service - like what would you do to go above and beyond for the customer and how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. This was my first interview ever so of course I was nervous but I was polite and attentive and thought I answered the questions well. Was asked for my references and was told I would hear from them soon, never got a call though so maybe I just didn't stand out enough or have the experience they were looking for.

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Went in to the location manager gave me the interview answer sheet told me to fill in my answers which i thought was strange instead of asking me for it. I filled everything in after that she asked me what experience I had told her I was experienced having previously worked in fast food and retail so she said that good she didn't really have to tell me much because she believed i was capable asked me what size i wore took measurements said the district manager would call me if i got the job i stuck around a little late eating breakfast when the district manager came out and offered me the job on the spot.

Counter Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Very easy after the phone call hired within 3 days

Interview Questions
    • How would you state your previous job affected you?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

It was a face to face interview after I applied through email to the store manager. I got the call the second day and my interview date was selected within a week.

Interview Questions

The store was far way from my home. I got the early morning shift.

Tom Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

They really only hire you if you're a friend of someone who works there

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with being the only one who speaks fluent English?   View Answer
    there was no negotiation

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tim Hortons in October 2013.

the process was friendly,to the point and quite professional. time was taken to review my expearance and ability in an effort to evaluate my potential as a possiable employee.

Interview Questions
    • the setting was in a hospital so the most unexpected question was in referance to dealing with someone who may be irrational because of a situation happening to them at the moment.   View Answer
    in the process of having a hands on day to see if i fit the mold of the location.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2013.

Went to an inerview in person, they really needed someone as soon as possible. Exuded confidence, answered questions the way they should have been answered. Charmed people and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Wont be any at Tims. All basic questions that shouldnt stump you.   Answer Question
    was no negotiation phase.