Time Associate Marketing Manager Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time in April 2013.

An HR recruiter reached out to me to set up an in person interview with her and 2 other marketing managers the next week. When I arrived at the building and met with the recruiter, she wouldn't shake my hand and was not friendly.

Nevertheless, we went to an empty conference room to discuss my resume and skills and requirements. She laughed at me when I made my salary request, which was in a lateral ballpark to my current salary, pretty rude. She asked why I thought it'd be reasonable for that range and after discussion I got the idea the conversation was going downhill.

I then took an Excel skills test which took about 25 minutes of the alloted 40. The recruiter told me to go to the receptionists desk when I completed the exam for the next steps. The receptionist told me I was done with my interview. When I mentioned I was set up to be meeting with two other managers, the receptionist said "nah, I don't believe you are" and walked away. Did not show me the door, nothing. I showed myself out and left.

I'm not in the HR field but I had never felt more disrespected as a candidate than in that interview and their HR department showed poor taste in how they treat potential hires. It's a shame how one person can pave the reputation of how Time Inc. operates. As the face of Time Inc in the beginning stages of an interview process, both the recruiter and receptionist should feel embarrassed and ashamed of herself for poorly representing the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Time in December 2011.

I interviewed at this company a few times and for a few positions, and had both positive and negative experiences. In 2008, my HR contact sped things through and did a great job of keeping me updated. More recently as people have been fired and hired, the new HR contacts I've dealt with have been horrible with follow up and acted suspiciously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time in June 2011.

In total, had 4 interviews at Time and they don't have the courtesy to follow up. First interviewed with HR in order to be put through to the actual hiring managers. After that, 2 interviews with the same hiring manager, submitted a skills test, and then met for final round with Director and SVP. Said they were looking to hire someone ASAP and should hear from them within a week. It has been over a month and no one has responded to emails or phone calls. In the meantime, I've been contacted by HR for another job opportunity. Experience has left a bad impression of the company, I once revered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Time in April 2011.

I submitted my application online and was later contacted by an HR representative to have an in-person interview with her the following day. I was mainly asked about my experience and interest in the position and company, and I also took a skills test that required logic and arithmetic skills. I was then invited for an interview with the VP in charge of the titles I'd be working for. That interview consisted mostly of behavioral-type questions. After that, I was invited to interview with the person who would be my direct manager, and that interview followed the same format. Finally, I had a phone interview with a third person in my group, again following the same behavioral-interview format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time in March 2011.

Received an email in response to my online profile. I hadn't applied to this specific opportunity. The email asked me to come in for an in-person interview the following day.

The in-person interview went very quickly and felt very methodical/robotic despite my attempts to connect with the HR interviewer, via my answers and examples. I left not having a sense of HOW it went. Followed up- heard nothing for a while. Then later, got a follow-up that the position had not been filled. Just asked if I was still available.

I wouldn't say it was a negative experience. Just incomplete, I suppose.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Time in July 2011.

I was emailed about an open position for an Associate Marketing Manager, I believe I had applied for it some time earlier. I was asked to come in the next business day. I came in and met with the HR director. It was a pretty basic interview with all the typical interview questions. Nothing really out of the box. The HR director didn't really tell me anything about the job at all, just wanted to know about my experience. When SHE was done with me she abruptly ended the interview without even asking me if I had any questions. I have never been on an interview where I wasn't given the opportunity to ask a few questions about the job or company. I thought that was it, she didn't think I was the right for or something, but then she asked me to take an excel skills test. That gave me a little hope. I followed up that day, thanking her for the time. I never heard anything, so about 2 weeks later I followed up again, expressing my interest in the position. It has been more than 6 weeks and I still haven't heard anything. I wish they would at least follow up to tell me the position had been filled.