Time Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.7

Consumer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Marketing Director came to campus to interview candidates for summer internships. Interviewer made sure I understood how to run, test, and measure marketing programs, and also asked about my interest in the company. Felt very conversational and we got along great.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest marketing opportunity that we face?   Answer Question

Dekstop Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

if i had known that there was no chance in moving up that contractor was just a contractor that they will try to keep for long durations due to out-preforming colleagues. i would not have wasted my time. Beware if you want any type of benefits do not even bother applying.

Interview Questions

• they will tell you that this will be a contract to hire position that is open ended. Make sure you know that this is just a contract position.Be aware.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i made the mistake of accepting.

Consumer Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

First you have an interview with someone from HR. I then interview with manager.

Client Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Applied for the position online. Was contacted by a recruiter in their HR department. Asked about my experience and was told more about what the job entailed. Was told that I wanted to be brought in to speak further at a later date. Followed up with 2 emails and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked. Only spoke about resume and the job.   Answer Question

Inventory Manager Interview

Interview

You go for an interview with HR, then your manager, then their manager. Then you may come back for another interview.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I had a wonderful interview at Time Inc. for the Account Manager role. I already had experience going into the interview and was able to speak to the core responsibilities well. There were no trick questions, simply speaking to my strengths, weaknesses, examples where I've had to be strategic, and examples where I've struggled.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest challenge at your current job?   Answer Question

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR rep via email, we scheduled for a phone interview for the same day. Was asked standard question about my current role and responsibilities, why I'm interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too surprising, standard questions about my role and responsibilities at my current job, salary requirement, etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Initial interviews and additional rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a difficult problem and how the problem was tackled?   Answer Question

Editorial Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

First and second interview. First was with HR and then second interview was interesting format. There was quite a bit of time between first and second interview. The first interview was very short which had me worried but I did get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at time? What are your favorite Time Inc. Magazines?   1 Answer

Consumer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Started with an informational/behavioral interview with a Hiring Manager. Once we solidified my areas of interest, I set up 3 separate interviews with members of the team I would work for. After 1 week of interviews I got the offer. There was also some retention rate math.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience with their products and what I would change about them   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.