Time Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.7

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time.

Was first contacted by HR for a phone interview. General fit questions about my experience and how I handled different situations. Then took a logic based excel assessment. Next I went in to speak with the hiring manager and some higher level executives. Very behavioral questions, tested my knowledge of myself, my interests, and my ability to perform in this role.

No negotiation took place

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time.

Two interviews - one with the editor in chief and the a second with the executive editor and managing editor together. At that time, I also met with the woman whose job I would be taking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you organize the producing process of the new feature being created?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was given over the phone and I was told there was no room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

I applied online, and the whole process took about two to three weeks. I was called in for a ~20 min interview with a recruiter. Spent most of the time talking about my background and about the position requirements, why I want to work at Time, what I knew about Time, etc. Received a rejection email around a week later.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time in September 2014.

Had to complete an online interview session with six questions. The questions can be re-recorded once so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time round as you get to do it again.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life when you had to prioritize something and how did you choose?   Answer Question

Freelance Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Time.

Had a phone interview with the director. I was quizzes on my interest and background working with other magazines and in PR. Came in to do a treat trial and the rest has been history. I've learned a lot, since then.

Client Services Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

Applied for the position online. Was contacted by a recruiter in their HR department. Asked about my experience and was told more about what the job entailed. Was told that I wanted to be brought in to speak further at a later date. Followed up with 2 emails and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. Only spoke about resume and the job.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interviewed with HR via phone - I thought it went really well, I answered questions then we chatted for a while about random things. She said she would call me to schedule the next interview. No call. I followed up twice within the next few weeks, no response.

Accounting Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time in July 2014.

I went to interview and the hiring manager took forever to come get me so we missed about 20 mins of my supposed 30 min interview. The interview was rushed and forced. I interviewed with Manager of department and it felt forced as well. he asked me all sorts of questions about my experience and it felt like he just didn't think i was the right fit for the job even though it was a contract position

Ad Ops Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

I got called for an interview with HR. Met with HR first and they then sent me to hiring managers. I met with the Manager and then I met with an assistant manager. I got called the next day with an offer.

There was none.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time.

Had a standard first call with recruiting manager - general fit questions. The main point seemed to be understanding why I wanted the role. This was followed by a few back-to-back interviews in the office. Scheduling was easy and not intrusive on my requirements for my current job. The interviewees were not intense but the interview was not easy: some difficult behavioral questions and a case or two based on a current business challenge facing the company.

Interview Questions
    • The case studies did not require an in-depth understanding of the business model. However, if one had background in the industry it is a great advantage as I lost a lot of time learning the model in the case interview.   Answer Question