Time

Relevance Date Difficulty

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Time in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were four interviews, first on the phone, then in person with the direct supervisor. After that, they invited me back for an interview with your colleagues. After the interview with colleagues, they invite you back for a final interview with Vice President and President, depending on the structure of your department.

Interview Question – What would you do with this brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated higher salary (slightly)

Client Services Associate Interview

Client Services Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Time.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online. Was contacted by a recruiter in their HR department. Asked about my experience and was told more about what the job entailed. Was told that I wanted to be brought in to speak further at a later date. Followed up with 2 emails and never heard back.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. Only spoke about resume and the job.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

Interviewed at Time

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR via phone - I thought it went really well, I answered questions then we chatted for a while about random things. She said she would call me to schedule the next interview. No call. I followed up twice within the next few weeks, no response.

Interview Question – Typical ones. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Ad Ops Interview

Ad Ops
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Time.

Interview Details – I got called for an interview with HR. Met with HR first and they then sent me to hiring managers. I met with the Manager and then I met with an assistant manager. I got called the next day with an offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Editorial Fellowship Interview

Editorial Fellowship
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Time in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a few days for an initial phone interview. I spoke with a recruiting manager based in the NY office. It was a pretty standard editorial interview. She asked about my writing experiences and my education. It was only a 10 minute interview, and she said someone would be in touch within a few weeks. No one ever got in touch with me, so I followed up with her a few times. She was really nice about it and kept telling me the deadline got pushed back. About 2 months (!!) later, I got an email for another phone interview with the specific publication. It was a much longer, in depth interview. She asked a lot of situational questions (tell me about a time when...). Basically they ask everyone the same questions and score your answers. Then the choose the candidates who got the highest scores.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your priorities didn't align with another team members.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a piece of writing you're especially proud of.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time.

Interview Details – Had a standard first call with recruiting manager - general fit questions. The main point seemed to be understanding why I wanted the role. This was followed by a few back-to-back interviews in the office. Scheduling was easy and not intrusive on my requirements for my current job. The interviewees were not intense but the interview was not easy: some difficult behavioral questions and a case or two based on a current business challenge facing the company.

Interview Question – The case studies did not require an in-depth understanding of the business model. However, if one had background in the industry it is a great advantage as I lost a lot of time learning the model in the case interview.   Answer Question

Lifestyle Group Fellow Interview

Lifestyle Group Fellow

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Time in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for another job within the Time Inc. system and received an email from a recruiter a few weeks before the fellowship application deadline asking to talk about the fellowship and encouraging me to apply. I had a phone interview a few days later, mostly focused on asking about my background. She told me to fill out the application online and that I would hear something most likely within the next few weeks after that. I applied a week before the March 15 deadline, and I didn't hear anything else until I received an email from the specific department at the magazine to schedule an interview over a month later. My second interview was pretty basic and asked about my favorite classes in my major, my previous internships, etc. I received an offer the next afternoon.

Interview Question – What was your favorite experience in college?   Answer Question

Product Director Interview

Product Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Time.

Interview Details – Probably one of the most frustrating and unprofessional interview processes have ever been involved with, mostly due to the duration and lack of communication on Time, inc's behalf. Basically, I saw the job posted on their company site 7 months ago and I applied. After 3 months, I received no response, but I saw it posted still and I recalled a HR contact that I had who had recruited me for a job that did not work out, so I emailed him/her and asked if he/she was recruiting for it and/or could make an intro on my behalf. 2 months after that I got an email back from my contact who ended up being the recruiting HR person after all, and they asked me to interview. I met with 4 managers in 3 separate meetings/interviews over a 3 week span that seemed to go well, and then a week later I was asked in for a 4th time in what was described to me as a "meet and greet and not an interview" with the team I'd be managing. After that meeting went well, I thought I was in, but I did not hear anything regarding timing. After sending several emails and making calls to the HR contact and the hiring manager over the next week, I did hear back and was told an "internal referral" was intro'd to the interview process late in the game, and they wanted to interview that person over the next week or 2, but I was still the "leading candidate" and that they'd get back to me. Needless to say I did not follow up during that time and they did not get back to me, so another job I was interviewing for at a diff't co came through with an offer. And when I reached out to Time to confirm I was not in consideration before I accepted the other offer, I did not hear back that day as requested and I still have not heard back yet - which was 4 days ago (at the time of this review). So I accepted the other offer. And that's Time, Inc's loss.

Interview Question – Situational question, how previous job related to this one.   Answer Question

Research & Insights Intern Interview

Research & Insights Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Time.

Interview Details – Was supposed to have an phone interview with HR but ended up using a weird service called Take The Interview
Moved on to second round with managers... all FIT as well

Interview Question – What is your experience with surveying?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied over email, which took 2 weeks

Worked for Time? Contribute to the Community!