Time Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Time.

I applied online, and the whole process took about two to three weeks. I was called in for a ~20 min interview with a recruiter. Spent most of the time talking about my background and about the position requirements, why I want to work at Time, what I knew about Time, etc. Received a rejection email around a week later.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Time in June 2014.

Applied online and had an initial phone screen a few days later, getting more information about why I want to work at Time Inc. and in HR etc. Then had an in-person interview the next week. Simple behavioral questions from hiring managers.

Freelance Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Time.

Had a phone interview with the director. I was quizzes on my interest and background working with other magazines and in PR. Came in to do a treat trial and the rest has been history. I've learned a lot, since then.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time in June 2010.

Position applied for was taken after first interview. I had to request from HR an answer (after 2 weeks of waiting), they didn't call to tell me this. From what I hear this is typical of Time Inc to not call you back after you give them so much of your time. The same day I heard the position was filled, the director I met with asked me back as they decided to create a new position for the skills I had to offer after they realized they needed me. I was brought back later that week to take a skills tests and to be introduced to who eventually became my manager.

Interview Questions
    • Write the javascript code on a piece of paper that produces the following output.   View Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Time in May 2010.

There were four interviews, first on the phone, then in person with the direct supervisor. After that, they invited me back for an interview with your colleagues. After the interview with colleagues, they invite you back for a final interview with Vice President and President, depending on the structure of your department.

Interview Questions
    negotiated higher salary (slightly)

Client Services Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Time.

Applied for the position online. Was contacted by a recruiter in their HR department. Asked about my experience and was told more about what the job entailed. Was told that I wanted to be brought in to speak further at a later date. Followed up with 2 emails and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. Only spoke about resume and the job.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interviewed with HR via phone - I thought it went really well, I answered questions then we chatted for a while about random things. She said she would call me to schedule the next interview. No call. I followed up twice within the next few weeks, no response.

Ad Ops Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Time.

I got called for an interview with HR. Met with HR first and they then sent me to hiring managers. I met with the Manager and then I met with an assistant manager. I got called the next day with an offer.

There was none.

Editorial Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Time in March 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days for an initial phone interview. I spoke with a recruiting manager based in the NY office. It was a pretty standard editorial interview. She asked about my writing experiences and my education. It was only a 10 minute interview, and she said someone would be in touch within a few weeks. No one ever got in touch with me, so I followed up with her a few times. She was really nice about it and kept telling me the deadline got pushed back. About 2 months (!!) later, I got an email for another phone interview with the specific publication. It was a much longer, in depth interview. She asked a lot of situational questions (tell me about a time when...). Basically they ask everyone the same questions and score your answers. Then the choose the candidates who got the highest scores.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your priorities didn't align with another team members.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a piece of writing you're especially proud of.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time.

Had a standard first call with recruiting manager - general fit questions. The main point seemed to be understanding why I wanted the role. This was followed by a few back-to-back interviews in the office. Scheduling was easy and not intrusive on my requirements for my current job. The interviewees were not intense but the interview was not easy: some difficult behavioral questions and a case or two based on a current business challenge facing the company.

Interview Questions
    • The case studies did not require an in-depth understanding of the business model. However, if one had background in the industry it is a great advantage as I lost a lot of time learning the model in the case interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Time? Contribute to the Community!