Time Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

I applied online (via the Time Inc. website) and a couple weeks later received an email to set up a phone call with the HR Manager. We spoke a few days later and the call lasted about 15 minutes. The HR Manager seemed lovely and told me that the role/company sounded like a great next step for me as well as told me that she wanted me to come in and meet with her and other members of the team. We closed the conversation with me giving her my availability and her telling me that she would e-mail me shortly with the rest of the team's availability for an in-person meeting. I never heard from her again despite multiple follow up attempts. As a Recruiter, I am appalled at the lack of professionalism and disappointed that a such an established company that I had admired for so long treats their candidates this way. If the HR Manager had not planned on interviewing me in person in the first place she should not have told me she wanted to and if she had changed her mind afterward then she should have responded to my emails and let me know. I see other candidates have received a generic email stating that the position had been filled or they were no longer being considered, and I would have even appreciated that.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the biggest accomplishment in your career thus far?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

Entailed 2 interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a member of the finance department. Straightforward and to the point. Asked about why I wanted the role and what skills I had to offer.

Intern Interview

I had faced 4 rounds of screening process because i got it throw my PG college, the main part of this process is online exams (Consists of 49 questions, need to complete in 12 minutes time) management test.

Interview Questions
    • About social media, because they are into online publications.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Time in December 2014.

Interview was flawless, account mgr did not have a great deal of info, but researched, was only 24 hr notice, but I'm flexible. I would of preferred face to face. They chose another candidate, no feed back is disappointing.

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time in December 2014.

The interview process was intensive - 3 interviews + a test project over the course of 2 months for a junior role. When I interviewed for comparable positions at other magazines, I had one interview + a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't you study photography as an undergraduate?   View Answer

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Contacted by HR rep via email, we scheduled for a phone interview for the same day. Was asked standard question about my current role and responsibilities, why I'm interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising, standard questions about my role and responsibilities at my current job, salary requirement, etc.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Time in November 2014.

I was emailed maybe a week or two after applying online. I was emailed and asked to come in for a mid-day interview. I had a casual conversation with the HR rep. I felt like the interview was more about getting to know my personality than anything else. The following day I was asked to come in and interview with individuals from the department I would be working in. During another mid-day interview I met with the person that would be my supervisor and the person whose job I would be doing. Both of those interviews were more about getting to know my personality, my goals and what my previous experience had been. There was a good portion of the time where I didn't speak AT ALL, but the conversations were fine. The following day I was asked to come in the following week to meet with senior members of the department including a SVP. I had ANOTHER mid-day conversation with the SVP and another senior member of the department and they both went really well. I was asked minimal questions about my experience and I just had casual free flowing conversations with these two people. Then it was a waiting game.

If you've read my post it indicates that I had THREE..mid-day interviews in Manhattan. Luckily, I was working nearby the TIME offices and I was able to travel quickly from my current job to their office, but otherwise having to leave my office 3 times in 2 weeks during the middle of the day for at least 90 minutes at a time is pretty suspicious.

I emailed each person I met with within 24 hours of the interview thanking them for taking their time and explaining my excitement about the position. A week after my final interview I emailed HR to ask about the status of the position. She told me they were still interviewing candidates. And about 2-3 weeks after the email, I got an email saying they had chosen someone else. I followed up asking for any feedback. I did not get a response.

Had I read the previous posts about TIME's interviewing procedures, I wouldn't have been so anxious about interviewing nor would I have thought the succession of interviews actually meant that I was a viable candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. I just talked about myself and I like talking about myself!   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time.

Was first contacted by HR for a phone interview. General fit questions about my experience and how I handled different situations. Then took a logic based excel assessment. Next I went in to speak with the hiring manager and some higher level executives. Very behavioral questions, tested my knowledge of myself, my interests, and my ability to perform in this role.

No negotiation took place

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time.

Two interviews - one with the editor in chief and the a second with the executive editor and managing editor together. At that time, I also met with the woman whose job I would be taking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you organize the producing process of the new feature being created?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was given over the phone and I was told there was no room for negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

I applied online, and the whole process took about two to three weeks. I was called in for a ~20 min interview with a recruiter. Spent most of the time talking about my background and about the position requirements, why I want to work at Time, what I knew about Time, etc. Received a rejection email around a week later.