Time Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

alot of curve ball questions.
    if you do not know something do not say you do they will ask you questions about it. Best policy on the interview be honest because you will be tested.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

In total, had 4 interviews at Time and they don't have the courtesy to follow up. First interviewed with HR in order to be put through to the actual hiring managers. After that, 2 interviews with the same hiring manager, submitted a skills test, and then met for final round with Director and SVP. Said they were looking to hire someone ASAP and should hear from them within a week. It has been over a month and no one has responded to emails or phone calls. In the meantime, I've been contacted by HR for another job opportunity. Experience has left a bad impression of the company, I once revered.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Time in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was great in that I was able to meet with various members of the team as well as senior management to get a feel for the organization.

Interview Questions

• What specific skills do you bring to the table that might give you a competitive advantage over another candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As with any job offer you should ask for what you are worth.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time.

Interview

Had a standard first call with recruiting manager - general fit questions. The main point seemed to be understanding why I wanted the role. This was followed by a few back-to-back interviews in the office. Scheduling was easy and not intrusive on my requirements for my current job. The interviewees were not intense but the interview was not easy: some difficult behavioral questions and a case or two based on a current business challenge facing the company.

Interview Questions

• The case studies did not require an in-depth understanding of the business model. However, if one had background in the industry it is a great advantage as I lost a lot of time learning the model in the case interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Had to complete an online interview session with six questions. The questions can be re-recorded once so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time round as you get to do it again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life when you had to prioritize something and how did you choose?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time in July 2014.

Interview

I went to interview and the hiring manager took forever to come get me so we missed about 20 mins of my supposed 30 min interview. The interview was rushed and forced. I interviewed with Manager of department and it felt forced as well. he asked me all sorts of questions about my experience and it felt like he just didn't think i was the right fit for the job even though it was a contract position

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews - one with the editor in chief and the a second with the executive editor and managing editor together. At that time, I also met with the woman whose job I would be taking.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize the producing process of the new feature being created?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was given over the phone and I was told there was no room for negotiation.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR for a phone interview. General fit questions about my experience and how I handled different situations. Then took a logic based excel assessment. Next I went in to speak with the hiring manager and some higher level executives. Very behavioral questions, tested my knowledge of myself, my interests, and my ability to perform in this role.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation took place

Associate Analyst - Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Through job portal I got to know about interview. And interview was scheduled by a recruiting agency which was the best I felt.
    First round was Excel Test.
    Which consisted of 4 segments of question like optional, using built-in functions and pivot tables.
    The time duration was 1 hour.
    It was good and need to little aware for answering.

Second round was technical round.it was scheduled after approx 4 days The questions where more about points in resume.
    Later they explained about work. And they tried explain me about the job role. And suggested its not desired position but still selected for next round.

Thrid round was director round.
    Which started with details about Analytics learning.. and he mentioned its entry level job and said to think of it.

Overall process took week time.

Job was entry level.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Time in November 2013.

Interview

The process was very long, totaling about 8 mos. It began with typical HR interviews (after the online application of course) and then long periods of waiting. The final step before I was called by my would-be boss was a video recording on a website. Interviewees had two takes to explain why they were the most creative intern in two minutes. We were only given 72 hours to record the video and send it off.