Time Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

alot of curve ball questions.
    if you do not know something do not say you do they will ask you questions about it. Best policy on the interview be honest because you will be tested.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

In total, had 4 interviews at Time and they don't have the courtesy to follow up. First interviewed with HR in order to be put through to the actual hiring managers. After that, 2 interviews with the same hiring manager, submitted a skills test, and then met for final round with Director and SVP. Said they were looking to hire someone ASAP and should hear from them within a week. It has been over a month and no one has responded to emails or phone calls. In the meantime, I've been contacted by HR for another job opportunity. Experience has left a bad impression of the company, I once revered.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Time in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was great in that I was able to meet with various members of the team as well as senior management to get a feel for the organization.

Interview Questions

• What specific skills do you bring to the table that might give you a competitive advantage over another candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

As with any job offer you should ask for what you are worth.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time.

Interview

Had a standard first call with recruiting manager - general fit questions. The main point seemed to be understanding why I wanted the role. This was followed by a few back-to-back interviews in the office. Scheduling was easy and not intrusive on my requirements for my current job. The interviewees were not intense but the interview was not easy: some difficult behavioral questions and a case or two based on a current business challenge facing the company.

Interview Questions

• The case studies did not require an in-depth understanding of the business model. However, if one had background in the industry it is a great advantage as I lost a lot of time learning the model in the case interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Time (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Had to complete an online interview session with six questions. The questions can be re-recorded once so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time round as you get to do it again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life when you had to prioritize something and how did you choose?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was quite methodical and very preofessional. I had 2 interviews. First one was with the Director level manager and the second with a VP. Interview was long so i had started to loose focus. The overall interview exereince was good

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on SQL. Logical reasoning. Lot of real life expereince questions   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a previous employer. I was contacted and had an over the phone interview with HR, who then invited me in. I interviewed with a handful of employers for multiple roles. Shortly after I left, I received a call to come in for a second round of interviews the following business day. I met with a few more people and performed an excel exercise. I left and followed up but never heard back.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time (Bangalore (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview before which there was aptitude test. Basic question of all mba terms . Panel of 2 members. Final interview with VP. Know your resume well . Be strong with basics . YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SOME OF TIME INC MAGAZINES

Interview Questions

• How will u increase magazine sales when people shift to digital   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

Interview

I applied online (via the Time Inc. website) and a couple weeks later received an email to set up a phone call with the HR Manager. We spoke a few days later and the call lasted about 15 minutes. The HR Manager seemed lovely and told me that the role/company sounded like a great next step for me as well as told me that she wanted me to come in and meet with her and other members of the team. We closed the conversation with me giving her my availability and her telling me that she would e-mail me shortly with the rest of the team's availability for an in-person meeting. I never heard from her again despite multiple follow up attempts. As a Recruiter, I am appalled at the lack of professionalism and disappointed that a such an established company that I had admired for so long treats their candidates this way. If the HR Manager had not planned on interviewing me in person in the first place she should not have told me she wanted to and if she had changed her mind afterward then she should have responded to my emails and let me know. I see other candidates have received a generic email stating that the position had been filled or they were no longer being considered, and I would have even appreciated that.

Interview Questions

• What has been the biggest accomplishment in your career thus far?   Answer Question

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was intensive - 3 interviews + a test project over the course of 2 months for a junior role. When I interviewed for comparable positions at other magazines, I had one interview + a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you study photography as an undergraduate?   1 Answer