Time

Updated Dec 22, 2014
Updated Dec 22, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Time in November 2013.

The process was very long, totaling about 8 mos. It began with typical HR interviews (after the online application of course) and then long periods of waiting. The final step before I was called by my would-be boss was a video recording on a website. Interviewees had two takes to explain why they were the most creative intern in two minutes. We were only given 72 hours to record the video and send it off.

Intern Interview

I had faced 4 rounds of screening process because i got it throw my PG college, the main part of this process is online exams (Consists of 49 questions, need to complete in 12 minutes time) management test.

Interview Questions
    • About social media, because they are into online publications.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time in December 2013.

Interview before which there was aptitude test. Basic question of all mba terms . Panel of 2 members. Final interview with VP. Know your resume well . Be strong with basics . YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SOME OF TIME INC MAGAZINES

Interview Questions
    • How will u increase magazine sales when people shift to digital   Answer Question
    None

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Contacted by HR rep via email, we scheduled for a phone interview for the same day. Was asked standard question about my current role and responsibilities, why I'm interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising, standard questions about my role and responsibilities at my current job, salary requirement, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time.

Was first contacted by HR for a phone interview. General fit questions about my experience and how I handled different situations. Then took a logic based excel assessment. Next I went in to speak with the hiring manager and some higher level executives. Very behavioral questions, tested my knowledge of myself, my interests, and my ability to perform in this role.

No negotiation took place

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time.

Two interviews - one with the editor in chief and the a second with the executive editor and managing editor together. At that time, I also met with the woman whose job I would be taking.

Interview Questions
    • How would you organize the producing process of the new feature being created?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was given over the phone and I was told there was no room for negotiation.

Accounting Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time in July 2014.

I went to interview and the hiring manager took forever to come get me so we missed about 20 mins of my supposed 30 min interview. The interview was rushed and forced. I interviewed with Manager of department and it felt forced as well. he asked me all sorts of questions about my experience and it felt like he just didn't think i was the right fit for the job even though it was a contract position

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time in September 2014.

Had to complete an online interview session with six questions. The questions can be re-recorded once so don't worry if you don't get it right the first time round as you get to do it again.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life when you had to prioritize something and how did you choose?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Time.

I applied online, and the whole process took about two to three weeks. I was called in for a ~20 min interview with a recruiter. Spent most of the time talking about my background and about the position requirements, why I want to work at Time, what I knew about Time, etc. Received a rejection email around a week later.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Time in June 2014.

Applied online and had an initial phone screen a few days later, getting more information about why I want to work at Time Inc. and in HR etc. Then had an in-person interview the next week. Simple behavioral questions from hiring managers.