Time Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time in July 2014.

Interview

I went to interview and the hiring manager took forever to come get me so we missed about 20 mins of my supposed 30 min interview. The interview was rushed and forced. I interviewed with Manager of department and it felt forced as well. he asked me all sorts of questions about my experience and it felt like he just didn't think i was the right fit for the job even though it was a contract position

Ad Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time (New York, NY).

Interview

I got called for an interview with HR. Met with HR first and they then sent me to hiring managers. I met with the Manager and then I met with an assistant manager. I got called the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time.

Interview

Had a standard first call with recruiting manager - general fit questions. The main point seemed to be understanding why I wanted the role. This was followed by a few back-to-back interviews in the office. Scheduling was easy and not intrusive on my requirements for my current job. The interviewees were not intense but the interview was not easy: some difficult behavioral questions and a case or two based on a current business challenge facing the company.

Interview Questions

• The case studies did not require an in-depth understanding of the business model. However, if one had background in the industry it is a great advantage as I lost a lot of time learning the model in the case interview.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone screen a few days later, getting more information about why I want to work at Time Inc. and in HR etc. Then had an in-person interview the next week. Simple behavioral questions from hiring managers.

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Time (New York, NY).

Interview

Probably one of the most frustrating and unprofessional interview processes have ever been involved with, mostly due to the duration and lack of communication on Time, inc's behalf. Basically, I saw the job posted on their company site 7 months ago and I applied. After 3 months, I received no response, but I saw it posted still and I recalled a HR contact that I had who had recruited me for a job that did not work out, so I emailed him/her and asked if he/she was recruiting for it and/or could make an intro on my behalf. 2 months after that I got an email back from my contact who ended up being the recruiting HR person after all, and they asked me to interview. I met with 4 managers in 3 separate meetings/interviews over a 3 week span that seemed to go well, and then a week later I was asked in for a 4th time in what was described to me as a "meet and greet and not an interview" with the team I'd be managing. After that meeting went well, I thought I was in, but I did not hear anything regarding timing. After sending several emails and making calls to the HR contact and the hiring manager over the next week, I did hear back and was told an "internal referral" was intro'd to the interview process late in the game, and they wanted to interview that person over the next week or 2, but I was still the "leading candidate" and that they'd get back to me. Needless to say I did not follow up during that time and they did not get back to me, so another job I was interviewing for at a diff't co came through with an offer. And when I reached out to Time to confirm I was not in consideration before I accepted the other offer, I did not hear back that day as requested and I still have not heard back yet - which was 4 days ago (at the time of this review). So I accepted the other offer. And that's Time, Inc's loss.

Interview Questions

• Situational question, how previous job related to this one.   Answer Question

Lifestyle Group Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for another job within the Time Inc. system and received an email from a recruiter a few weeks before the fellowship application deadline asking to talk about the fellowship and encouraging me to apply. I had a phone interview a few days later, mostly focused on asking about my background. She told me to fill out the application online and that I would hear something most likely within the next few weeks after that. I applied a week before the March 15 deadline, and I didn't hear anything else until I received an email from the specific department at the magazine to schedule an interview over a month later. My second interview was pretty basic and asked about my favorite classes in my major, my previous internships, etc. I received an offer the next afternoon.

Research & Insights Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Time (New York, NY).

Interview

Was supposed to have an phone interview with HR but ended up using a weird service called Take The Interview
    Moved on to second round with managers... all FIT as well

Inventory Manager Interview

Interview

You go for an interview with HR, then your manager, then their manager. Then you may come back for another interview.

Editorial Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Time (Birmingham, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a few days for an initial phone interview. I spoke with a recruiting manager based in the NY office. It was a pretty standard editorial interview. She asked about my writing experiences and my education. It was only a 10 minute interview, and she said someone would be in touch within a few weeks. No one ever got in touch with me, so I followed up with her a few times. She was really nice about it and kept telling me the deadline got pushed back. About 2 months (!!) later, I got an email for another phone interview with the specific publication. It was a much longer, in depth interview. She asked a lot of situational questions (tell me about a time when...). Basically they ask everyone the same questions and score your answers. Then the choose the candidates who got the highest scores.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your priorities didn't align with another team members.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a piece of writing you're especially proud of.   Answer Question

Digital Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was e-mailed within 24 hours asking to schedule an interview. I thought my interview went exceptionally well and it seemed as if I would be moving on in the process. I did not hear back for about three weeks and sent a follow up e-mail on the third week. I was told they selected another candidate. What a bummer, since I thought my interview went very well.