Time Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and efficient. HR called me within a week of my online application for the phone screen and then immediately scheduled me in for the panel interviews 2 days later (three managers and SVP within the department). I was given the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions around specific projects i had completed, knowledge on technical areas. Overall very conversational.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

A friend brought me in and I met a senior manager, who asked basic questions about myself and then asked what type of content I like to consume/watch. There was back and forth and then the person discussed what the role would be about. It was very straightforward and no pressure.

Interview Questions

• What kind of celebrity news do I watch?   1 Answer

Ad Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The Recruiter at Time Inc. was very helpful and responsive. My interviewers were very warm and personable. One of the most important factors for me when determining whether to accept a job is its cultural vibe, and this seemed like a perfect match for me. Time Inc. seems to value and push for a very healthy work and life balance.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to leave your current post at your company?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a previous employer. I was contacted and had an over the phone interview with HR, who then invited me in. I interviewed with a handful of employers for multiple roles. Shortly after I left, I received a call to come in for a second round of interviews the following business day. I met with a few more people and performed an excel exercise. I left and followed up but never heard back.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

My meeting with HR was to go over the responsibilities and salary. It was nothing out of the ordinary, they just wanted everything to be clear. After meeting with HR, I met with the executive editor. I was given a couple of tasks, like coming up with ideas, headlines, and writing a short report.

Ad Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview is with the HR person to see if you are the right fit. Then there's the interview with the Manager and Assistant Manager, one right after the other.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interviews weren't bad other than the fact that I had FIVE in person interviews with seven executive over the course of three weeks for an entry level job. Thankfully, my current job at the time was relatively close otherwise I don't think it would've been possible to continue in the interview process.

Assistant Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was intensive - 3 interviews + a test project over the course of 2 months for a junior role. When I interviewed for comparable positions at other magazines, I had one interview + a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you study photography as an undergraduate?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

First had a phone screen with HR, followed by a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, then another meeting with the head of HR followed by a meeting with a colleague of the hiring manager. All of this should have tipped me off to something fishy in denmark.

Interview Questions

• the usual questions, do you know outlook, MS word, how many people have you supported etc. the usual.   Answer Question

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews - one with the editor in chief and the a second with the executive editor and managing editor together. At that time, I also met with the woman whose job I would be taking.

Interview Questions

• How would you organize the producing process of the new feature being created?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was given over the phone and I was told there was no room for negotiation.