Time Out Group

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Out Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – I initially spoke with a recruiter and gave him details about my skills and background. Afterwards, I met with the Lead Web Developer who asked in depth question to assess my skill level. After that, I met with the IT manager who asked about my experience and tried to gauge my attitude and work ethic.

Interview Questions

Marketing Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Time Out Group in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process for marketing interns began with a phone interview, most likely performed by a current marketing intern. Questions included previous work experience and availabilities. If offered an onsite interview was scheduled, prospective candidates met with the Marketing Director, Public Relations Manager, and Sponsorship Manager. Candidates were asked about previous work experience and briefed about what the position responsibilities would entail. The interview process closed with a statement asking the candidate if he or she had any questions.

Interview Question – Describe a scenario when you had to deal with a personal conflict in the work setting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Out Group.

Interview Details – Email- basic questions, really easy

Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Time Out Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – Just sent cv and letter. No biggie. Need contacts though, that will help big time.

Interview Question – None really. Just express yourself well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Internship!

Very Easy Interview

Online Producer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Time Out Group.

Interview Details – emailed HR with resume. A lady from the digital team emailed me back and asked me to come in for an interview. 10 minute interview with someone senior in digital. One follow up interview with 2 digital seniors. Phone call to confirm the job. Difficult to negotiate salary.

Interview Question – There was nothing out of the ordinary. Just asked to talk about your experience and what you would like to do at the firm. what your interests are. they are most concerned with job-person fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very difficult to negotiate. Salary was low and they persuade you that you will have a review after 3 and 6 months. The reviews never happened the whole time I was there.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Time Out Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time Out Group interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Time Out Group employees and interview candidates.