Time Warner Cable Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The best way to get in is to reach out to a current employee. Depending on the position you may have between 2-5 interviews. Some hiring managers may not be real responsive as they are buried with day to day activities.

None, set salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2011.

You're asked to take a personality test as well as interview with the hiring manager and director. There is also a possibility to interview with some of the current team members in the position you're applying for. You will also be asked to put together a 30-60-90 day business plan.

Interview Questions
    • I was right out of college and didn't have any sales/ industry experience. Many of the questions asked were relevant to the industry.   Answer Question
    The recruiter negotiated it between the director and myself. I ended up getting more than originally offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in June 2010.

The headquarters was 80 miles away, but I constantly communicated with them until they agreed to a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me what the most clever thing I had done in the last year to solve a problem for a customer.   View Answer
    I accepted their offer as was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2013.

It took about 3 weeks from phone interview to face to face interview. Then another month to start working. That should have been a tell-tale sign of their lack of structure, but once I finished I went to training for three weeks. As you head into the field, you are given a "quota relief" but no money in case you do not close any deals. It is some extremely technical products and if you are not from the industry of hardline telecom...good luck

Interview Questions
    • They were very very typical outside sales questions...   Answer Question
    did not negotiate with me at all. The hiring manager told me 47,000 but the HR recruiter stuck it at 42,000. I was not in the position to fight it unfortunately.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Email from recruiter, phone interview, then in person interview with local hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2009.

Applied online, was contacted by HR via phone. I had 4 separate in-person interviews before reaching an offer. First with HR, second with the hiring manager, 3rd was a panel interview, and 4th was with the sales director. The interviews were fairly standard, the panel interview was somewhat nerve wracking because there were 3 managers present. The final interview with the sales director was the most difficult, because he really put me on the spot. He asked me how I planned to hit my number and no matter what response I gave he told me I wasn't answering his question and asked me again. I'm fairly certain he wanted to make me uncomfortable and see if I would buckle under pressure or give up. In the end I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is a reason why we should NOT hire you?   View Answer
    I am fairly certain it was negotiable, however I did not have other offers to use as bargaining chips at the time. I know other employees who have started off $15k more per year simply based on experience and their sales reputation.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

I was interviewed by 2 managers at different times; however, the company does like panel interviews. Traditionally they like media experience but will hire without it. Growing market share is a key performance indicator.

Interview Questions
    Most likely what is promised as a an existing book of business will be well short of what actually is billing so ask for a 6 month guarantee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2012.

I applied online and was contacted by an internal HR recruiter. I subsequently found a friend that worked there in the same department. Having this contact really helped with the interview process, both knowing what to expect and as a reference. The interview process was 3 rounds: my future boss, and 2 levels up.
    Every interview was very interesting and the interviewer was very genuine.

Interview Questions
    • If you got this job, what would be the first actions items you would take to ensure success?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2011.

Was recruited by a national firm and then went to a 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager. The description of the job was fair although the actual job performed and duties expected was not in line with the managers description of daily activities. Went through 2 face to face interviews with more than 5 phone interviews with several different people.

The perception of the peopel was that they were corporate drones but happy with the benefits, not a lot of respect for mgmt. Work culture was explained one way and was actually the exact opposite. Not a true outside sales position in my book.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with our company?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable making a high level of contacts each day/week/month?   Answer Question
    Some negotiations although manager didn't want to go much further than saying "Corporate sets our pay scale" which later was found out to be false.

Account Executive Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in May 2012.

After applying on their website, I was contacted for a phone interview. It was similar to a recruiter as they only asked basic information and did not have complete answers to some of the questions I had about the specific position. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview with my potential manager. Appreciated his upfront demeanor and very professional. The questions were mostly about my background, why I thought my skills would translate to success, and why me. As a closing to the interview, I was asked to sell myself to them on why they should hire me.

Interview Questions
    • They emphasized that you'll hear no a lot, so have a good plan in place on how you deal with rejection.   Answer Question

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!