Time Warner Cable Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

51 interviews

2.7

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in June 2014.

When I first arrived for the interview I was 15 mins early like they tell you to be and waited 45 mins for the actual interview. They ask you a few usual questions, then role play in which you have to fix a customer problem then upsell to them. They also lie to you about the hours you are going to be working, I was told certain hours then once I accepted and was in training found out it was a shift bid and they change your hours every 6 months based on performance.

Interview Questions
  • The only thing that was difficult for me was the role playing because I have no selling experience and you had to come in trying to upsell something.   View Answer
There was no negotiation, either you accepted the job or you didn't

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

The interview was easy, very fun but a long 2 hour process. FYI the tour IS AN INTERVIEW ask questions get noticed stand out make sure you be confident in your answers. Good luck

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone doing something dishonest?   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable flat rate $13.00p/h plus commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2013.

You arrive and are not met in the lobby, you have to wait until they come out to get you. Dress professionally. You are led back to a room where you have a 1 on 1 interview with the normal scripted questions. You are told what the job is, and then when you are done, you don't know if you have the position or not. You have to wait for an email to tell you the next step, the positions normally do not open for 30 days after you have your interview, so you might want to hold off on your notice until you are contacted via email, and have the start up date in your pocket.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult about the interview, the position is customer service and all the questions are scripted.   Answer Question
    It was online and the offer was there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

Take an hour long computer evaluation, then a phone interview, then a two hour process at their location. Answer standard questions about what you would do in certain situations, what you have done previously, and so on. After the basic phone interview they have a three person one on one interview in person and you have to get two out of three approving.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see someone doing something suspicious?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2010.

The hiring process is pretty easy. This is a high turn over position so they're used to hiring pretty much anybody who knows how to use a pc , which in this day and age is common. I'm sure half the applicants know more than the supervisory personnel who actually perform the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • It's pretty standard, just be sure to mention you "love people" and emphasis on how much patience you have. Trust me you're going to need it!   Answer Question
    The pay is not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The hiring process is not long. If you go on their website and fill out an application then you take a test and a recruiter will call you will do mini phone interview. After that is done, if you succeed they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2010.

The hiring and interview process went pretty quickly. I was offered the job in a week or less. There was a month of paid training with hands on mentoring for learning the system and the policies/procedures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Rushed recruitment process - after that - interviewing with the management on site was better. Two part process first with a supervisor and then a manager. No job offer made by the supervisor - you wait until you hear from the recruiter. Onboarding process is smooth.

There is no negotiation phase.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The hiring process is kind of long. If you have to go on their website and fill out an application then you have to take a test and then a recruiter will call you and have kind of like a mini phone interview. After that if you pass, they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when this or that happened"   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Initial contact was through email. Was told they were conducting phone interviews. For me, it took about two weeks. It included the introductory email explaining the job and to schedule a phone interview. After you do well in the phone interview, they call back with a face to face interview at the location you applied for. The face to face interview was done with three hiring supervisors. They ask basic questions like how was it when you worked for your previous company and why should we hire you etc. After that they call with an offer or reply back with an email if they moved on with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. It was a starting salary. take it or leave it

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!