Time Warner Cable

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ontario, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty easy. This is a high turn over position so they're used to hiring pretty much anybody who knows how to use a pc , which in this day and age is common. I'm sure half the applicants know more than the supervisory personnel who actually perform the interviews.

Interview Question – It's pretty standard, just be sure to mention you "love people" and emphasis on how much patience you have. Trust me you're going to need it!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is not negotiable

Flushing, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview Details – The hiring process is not long. If you go on their website and fill out an application then you take a test and a recruiter will call you will do mini phone interview. After that is done, if you succeed they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Interview Question – tell me what is a coax cable and what it does.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went pretty quickly. I was offered the job in a week or less. There was a month of paid training with hands on mentoring for learning the system and the policies/procedures.

Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview Details – Rushed recruitment process - after that - interviewing with the management on site was better. Two part process first with a supervisor and then a manager. No job offer made by the supervisor - you wait until you hear from the recruiter. Onboarding process is smooth.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview Details – The hiring process is kind of long. If you have to go on their website and fill out an application then you have to take a test and then a recruiter will call you and have kind of like a mini phone interview. After that if you pass, they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when this or that happened"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Queens Village, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview Details – Initial contact was through email. Was told they were conducting phone interviews. For me, it took about two weeks. It included the introductory email explaining the job and to schedule a phone interview. After you do well in the phone interview, they call back with a face to face interview at the location you applied for. The face to face interview was done with three hiring supervisors. They ask basic questions like how was it when you worked for your previous company and why should we hire you etc. After that they call with an offer or reply back with an email if they moved on with another candidate.

Interview Question – none. it was pretty easy. straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. It was a starting salary. take it or leave it

Rochester, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a response back 3 weeks later from their recruitment department via e-mail asking if I was still interested. If I was still interested to send e-mail back that I was. It took another two days for the response from that e-mail. They gave me a time that they would call and ask if I would be available, I of course said yes. The day of phone interview they called me and the phone interview consisted of my former employment experience (which was medical not customer service nor sales). The phone interview ended with me being invited to a face to face interview on a Saturday afternoon. I also received an e-mail with the companies products and services to study for the face to face interview.

The day of my interview I arrived 15 minutes prior as requested and was surprised to see three others sitting there for a interview as well! With the same person as I was and at the same time! Then within 15 minutes 10 more interviewers arrived for the same people and at the same time. We all were waiting for about another 20 minutes. Then a woman came down and told us it would be another 5 minutes. Finally we were taken upstairs to a conference room where 15 or so of TWC staff were waiting. We all signed in and were given name badges then told that we would all be interviewed by four different people. Shortly after we each were called by someone. My first interviewer basically asked me questions on my experience, work ethic, adaptability and sales experience. We went over the schedule for work if chosen and attendance. The second one was the mock customer service call. Please study the link for the products and services that TWC offer. You will need it for this section. I was told that there are no right or wrong answers to just look over the cheat sheet for a few minutes. The call was about a bill payment that was to high. The interviewer in my opinion was just trying to get a feel for your customer service skills which is just how you would want to be treated if you were the customer. Remember that. Also if you do not want to also up sale a customer then this job isn't for you. The third person just gave me a tour and the fourth was just an overview of the first three then I was out. It took 2 hours! So be prepared to be there awhile. I was told that I would hear back in two days which I did and was told that I was chosen to move on to the drug test and back ground check. I did both and passed both then was called the day after telling me welcome aboard TWC!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating they have a starting wage and I accepted it. They have bonuses and raises so all evens out.

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1 initial phone interview, 2 in person interviews. First interview will be with two supervisors second will be with a manager. The manager will ask if you have any questions for them and will hand you a business card, take you on a tour and walk you out.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond expectations for a customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application and was contacted 3 days later by the recruiter and did a brief 15 minute phone interview; went over basics on my resume, schedule for training and work if hired and hourly pay. Was scheduled for face to face interview the next day. I was one of 3 people at that particular interview time. We all meet with 2 managers, a trainer and a rep one at a time. I was with Manager 1 first and we did a role play where I was a rep, and the manager called in with a problem with a product (this time it was her remote) and troubleshoot some ideas to get it fixed (its not about fixing the product, since you are not trained to do that yet, its totally about your customer service skills) and also upsell one of TW's services to the customer (the recruiter told me on the phone this was part of the interview and to make sure I picked out 2 or 3 products/services to get familiar with- make sure you do this! And make sure you have some rebuttals). This is what I was most nervous about, but easiest part of interview. Then we switched and I meet with the rep and got a tour of the building. I then meet with manager 2. Lasted about 10 minutes, basic interview questions. Nothing unexpected. Make sure you focus on sales experience and overcoming rejection. The whole experience up until this point had been excellent. The final (and least pleasant) part was the meeting with the trainer. He asked the normal interview questions; but you could tell that to him , there was only one way to answer a question. If he disliked/disagreed with my answers (after he made me defend them ALL) he started to dismiss me. I had taken a few weeks off after I left my last job, and beginning to apply for new jobs (I spent some time with my family, finished up some school classes. Just enjoying time off after working non stop for 15 years) And he just could not understand that. There was no way someone would be without a job. He basically called me a liar in saying I left my job voluntarily. I just killed him with kindness and gave him a direct number to my previous manager to use as a reference. That lasted about 15 minutes. The whole thing lasted less than an hour. My interview experience overall was fantastic. The first 3 people I meet with were personable and polite and very informative. Just be very aware, no matter the title of the position you are applying for, this is a SALES job. That was made very clear several times during every part of the interview. No matter why the customer is calling in, you are required to offer/sale them something. If you don't enjoy upselling, high volume/back to back calls or can not handle upset/angry customers coming at you on a regular basis; you want to strongly consider if you really want to apply to this position. There is a lot of room for growth and success, but it is not a job for everyone

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Make sure you have a good list of pros/cons strengths/weakness and examples of each specific to sales and customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is the pay, these are the hours. And no time off during training (5-6 months)

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview Details – Initial communication is through the website and a browser-based system to determine how you do in certain call center scenarios. Attention to detail will easy push you through on that side to get an interview at the office. Most interviews are very short, and, as long as you show a willingness to do the job and meet the metrics, they will more than likely push you through.

Interview Question – How do you expect to handle a day after you have taken multiple problem calls?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!