Time Warner Cable Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

The interview was easy, very fun but a long 2 hour process. FYI the tour IS AN INTERVIEW ask questions get noticed stand out make sure you be confident in your answers. Good luck

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw someone doing something dishonest?   Answer Question
Nonnegotiable flat rate $13.00p/h plus commission

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2013.

You arrive and are not met in the lobby, you have to wait until they come out to get you. Dress professionally. You are led back to a room where you have a 1 on 1 interview with the normal scripted questions. You are told what the job is, and then when you are done, you don't know if you have the position or not. You have to wait for an email to tell you the next step, the positions normally do not open for 30 days after you have your interview, so you might want to hold off on your notice until you are contacted via email, and have the start up date in your pocket.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult about the interview, the position is customer service and all the questions are scripted.   Answer Question
    It was online and the offer was there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

Take an hour long computer evaluation, then a phone interview, then a two hour process at their location. Answer standard questions about what you would do in certain situations, what you have done previously, and so on. After the basic phone interview they have a three person one on one interview in person and you have to get two out of three approving.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see someone doing something suspicious?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2010.

The hiring process is pretty easy. This is a high turn over position so they're used to hiring pretty much anybody who knows how to use a pc , which in this day and age is common. I'm sure half the applicants know more than the supervisory personnel who actually perform the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • It's pretty standard, just be sure to mention you "love people" and emphasis on how much patience you have. Trust me you're going to need it!   Answer Question
    The pay is not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The hiring process is not long. If you go on their website and fill out an application then you take a test and a recruiter will call you will do mini phone interview. After that is done, if you succeed they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2010.

The hiring and interview process went pretty quickly. I was offered the job in a week or less. There was a month of paid training with hands on mentoring for learning the system and the policies/procedures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Rushed recruitment process - after that - interviewing with the management on site was better. Two part process first with a supervisor and then a manager. No job offer made by the supervisor - you wait until you hear from the recruiter. Onboarding process is smooth.

There is no negotiation phase.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The hiring process is kind of long. If you have to go on their website and fill out an application then you have to take a test and then a recruiter will call you and have kind of like a mini phone interview. After that if you pass, they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when this or that happened"   View Answer
    No negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Initial contact was through email. Was told they were conducting phone interviews. For me, it took about two weeks. It included the introductory email explaining the job and to schedule a phone interview. After you do well in the phone interview, they call back with a face to face interview at the location you applied for. The face to face interview was done with three hiring supervisors. They ask basic questions like how was it when you worked for your previous company and why should we hire you etc. After that they call with an offer or reply back with an email if they moved on with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. It was a starting salary. take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

Applied online and got a response back 3 weeks later from their recruitment department via e-mail asking if I was still interested. If I was still interested to send e-mail back that I was. It took another two days for the response from that e-mail. They gave me a time that they would call and ask if I would be available, I of course said yes. The day of phone interview they called me and the phone interview consisted of my former employment experience (which was medical not customer service nor sales). The phone interview ended with me being invited to a face to face interview on a Saturday afternoon. I also received an e-mail with the companies products and services to study for the face to face interview.

The day of my interview I arrived 15 minutes prior as requested and was surprised to see three others sitting there for a interview as well! With the same person as I was and at the same time! Then within 15 minutes 10 more interviewers arrived for the same people and at the same time. We all were waiting for about another 20 minutes. Then a woman came down and told us it would be another 5 minutes. Finally we were taken upstairs to a conference room where 15 or so of TWC staff were waiting. We all signed in and were given name badges then told that we would all be interviewed by four different people. Shortly after we each were called by someone. My first interviewer basically asked me questions on my experience, work ethic, adaptability and sales experience. We went over the schedule for work if chosen and attendance. The second one was the mock customer service call. Please study the link for the products and services that TWC offer. You will need it for this section. I was told that there are no right or wrong answers to just look over the cheat sheet for a few minutes. The call was about a bill payment that was to high. The interviewer in my opinion was just trying to get a feel for your customer service skills which is just how you would want to be treated if you were the customer. Remember that. Also if you do not want to also up sale a customer then this job isn't for you. The third person just gave me a tour and the fourth was just an overview of the first three then I was out. It took 2 hours! So be prepared to be there awhile. I was told that I would hear back in two days which I did and was told that I was chosen to move on to the drug test and back ground check. I did both and passed both then was called the day after telling me welcome aboard TWC!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiating they have a starting wage and I accepted it. They have bonuses and raises so all evens out.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!