Time Warner Cable Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Florence, KY).

Interview

pretty basic interview they blow a lot of smoke at you about you can make 6 figures a year in which a very very very small group does this very high turn over rate, they will explain all the benefits about the job and how it isn't very hard which is a lie. very difficult you are knocking on potential customers doors and trying to sell them at the door,

Interview Questions

• why i wanted work for the company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (West Columbia, SC).

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter that asked some basic questions about availability and training requirements. Had a scheduled in person interview with manager about 4 days later. Interviewed with manager and met second manager while there. They were very straight forward with the job and commission structure. Received a call from the recruiter that next Monday saying I received an offer and upon drug and background test I would be hired. Background test took 2 weeks and had to wait for next training session to roll around. The entire process until I began training took about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a stressful time at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation with this since it's commission based. Awesome commission structure with a base pay of $20,000. Great job for college student!

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

Easy if you don't mind working longer hours than most people and don't mind walking all day and knocking on doors and have a sales bone in your body your in.

Interview Questions

• If you have a sales background your in basically. if you don't but seem like someone people wouldn't mind talkin to you might have to sell them on how you can sell things but it's a very simple interview if you aren't creepy you'll get the position they are always hiring   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation take it or leave it.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with a recruiter on the phone. She contacted me first to set up an appointment. It was a very low pressure interview. She mostly just asked about what appeals to me about sales and in particular door to door sales. I was given a face to face appointment in that same call to speak with the hiring manager the following week. Firstly, the building was impossible to get into. The employee entrance was unmarked, had no buzzer and the windows were tinted so I couldn't see if anybody could see me struggling to get in. The other door was to customer service with a huge line and clearly nobody willing to help. I managed to catch an employee on his way in and he helped me out. I'd recommend scouting out the building ahead of time to make sure this isn't an issue if you have an appointment. The interview itself was very high pressure. 3v1 with them leaning forward with lots of chatter and comments from all three of them. They were pretty rude too. I brought a letter of recommendation from my last boss and it was dismissed "yeah that's not worth anything - I write those for guys I hate all the time just so I never have to see them again!" Also when I was asked if I had any questions, after that he asked "did ya get those off yahoo or something? Those were so generic" They really weren't. Granted I was fairly fresh on the job hunt and it was my first interview outside of my industry of experience. I bombed the most essential question they asked: "How much do you want to see on your w2 if hired?" I said the amount I saw here on glassdoor: "$65,000" They said "if you were only making those numbers here we'd fire you. Our reps make $100,000+. I'm sure it's not true but it's what they want you to say. Later on in my job hunt I'd say "there is no limit to how much I want to make. I want what your top performer is earning and then some" Live and learn. Another similar question, "When you get up in the morning and have to get out and sell, what motivates you?" The answer they want to hear? MONEY. Money is the theme here and that's all they want to hear you talk about.

Interview Questions

• Not a question but, simply be ready to answer every question "because I want to make as much money as I possibly can"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Louisville, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online and within a few days was set up for a phone interview, passed that with flying colors and was then set up with an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two different managers and I received a phone call for a job offer before I even made it home from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience?   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2014.

Interview

The Interview wasn't so much a measure of sales competence, but feeling out how much time you can and are willing to give to the position. There questions were more about how well the household could support your effort and how willing you were to do it. At the end of the interview, there was the obligatory "selling of the pen" routine. I felt like how willing you were to actually sell it instead of trying to gauge proficiency.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview, because I'd never worked in sales before, was the selling of the pen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary was needed. It was a straight forward offer with fair to good compensation based on sales performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Erie, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, called by recruiter who asks basic questions about why you'd be a good fit for the position, tells you about the position and what it entails, and asks if this would be something you're interested in. Recruiter then sets you up with 1on1 interview with Sales Manager. If interview goes well, recruiter calls later that day with formal offer and tells you about onboarding process. Lengthy background check, drug screen, and several other steps before leaving for Columbus for training. They do offer OUTSTANDING benefits (excellent healthcare, dental, vision, pension, free cable and Internet as well), add'l training pay on top of salary, and several other benefits. GREAT company to get in with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were frustrated with not getting the sale an how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Apparently, there's been positive change as there is now a salary plus commission and just a couple years ago, it was simply commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call from a recruiter. Received a phone call from a second recruiter. Interviewed with a supervisor and then with his manager.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were not difficult, great interview experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Filled out extensive application online and then had a short phone interview. Then went to HQ in Charlotte for a 45 minute interview. Every person in the interview process was extremely nice and supportive. Sales Manager Tony Seko, who I had the final interview with, is a fantastic person who cares. He never puts the thumb on you and you care about him so much, you want to deliver, always. Everyone else in management is cool as well but Tony Seko is they best thing they've got going.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your best qualities and your short comings, how you handled a difficult situation in your professional. Not really unexpected but those questions can be minefields.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was established up front. $20,000 plus commission and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Niagara Falls, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

First I had a phone interview then a face to face interview. About 3 days later I got offered the position pending a back ground check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations.