Time Warner Cable

Updated Dec 24, 2014

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The interview and application process was very simple and straightforward. I filled out the online application and took the online assessment which were a process of deductive reasoning questions and some character questions. Then I received an email with a phone number to call for a telephone interview which took approximately 15 minutes and my face to face interview was scheduled. At the face to face interview I was told they were looking to hire 6 people and there were approximately 25 people there, the questions were pretty much the same as the telephonic interview and took about 30 minutes. Received an offer for employment about a week or so later.

Interview Questions
  • What type of cable installation experience you have? Describe an experience where you had to diffuse a upset customer?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The online exam or assessment is useless to tell whether someone is qualified to install cable lines or services to a customer. The test consists of 30-50 deductive& reasoning questions and 50 or personality questions.The test is, in all honesty, ridiculous. The first 10 questions or so are TIME BASED deductive and reasoning. You are given a paragraph of uncompleted facts with a series of logical order. For example: Lisa's flight is two hours after Tom's. Deena's flight is second. Valerie's flight is at 4 pm. Steve is flying out before Tom but after Deena's. Sue's flight is at 4:05. What time is Lisa's Flight????

Now of course this is not the exact question and answer, but an idea of what you will be dealing with. At times they get more difficult and you only have 2 min to answer each scenario. Just clearing up all the details and getting them in some sort of order will take most of the time. Then you have to choose the best answer for that situation. If you are not prepared, it will throw you off track quickly.

The second part of the test are more situation and personality type questions. Not difficult to answer, and they are not on any time limit. However, they are tricky in the sense because they are looking to categorize your personality as weak, sensitive, distracted easily, opinionated, etc. etc. There is no right answer, However, it is based on more of a psychological profiling to see if you fit into what they are looking for in an employee. Try not to answer those type questions with too much emotion or feelings. This company has no heart, no feeling, and don't want people who fall into this category, and think for themselves. Logical and understanding of customer needs is not what this company wants in their employees. They don't want to hire those who may rock the boat or question the poor ethics that the company possess. They want hard nosed, focused on the task type of employees that do not take reason, and or sympathetic type personality traits.

Interview Questions
    • Would I take half of what I would normally get paid? 20 years of cable/tv/internet, voice & data, fiber experience and the most I might get offered would be $15.00 and hour, really? She started with $13.00 and hour. Now like most people I expect they would pay for experience, knowledge, skill as would be customary. Nope they low ball the hell out of you and tell you, you would have to move up to level 4 or 5 to even get close to what I normally make. ABSURD... Hey TWC, if you want my experience and skills you need to pay me appropriately. This is not arrogance it is simple math I can't pay a mortgage and feed my kids on a salary that is intended for entry level techs. After I declined that I would not accept $15.00 and hour or less she no longer cared. She removed my application for consideration. AT&T starts techs out for Uverse at $15-$16 and more for experience. Hey TWC get a clue! People can't live off your pay unless they have no bills or responsibilities.   Answer Question

LOOOOOOW PAY!

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Filled out for the position online through their website. Got a call from a recruiter the next day who asked me a few short basic questions and then asked me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview was with two supervisors sitting across from me same time asking pretty simple questions back and fourth. I was told at the end of the interview I could hear something back from the recruiter soon.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic and simple. They didn't use the STAR interview process it was very informal... Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for TWC was the first two questions. Also was asked at the end of the interview why should TWC offer me a position. This is where you really need to sell yourself and make them want to hire you!   View Answer
    There was no negotiating it was a set pay rate, but your get everything free including all the cable and premium channels, highest internet speed available, and free home phone. They also provide you with everything you need to get the job done including a take home vehicle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Applied online late one evening and received a phone interview the next afternoon. Phone interview was short and sweet. Recruiter informed me the salary was very low but there were other benefits that made up for low entry-level salary. Also informed me that Network+ cert would increase starting salary. Was invited to an in-person interview. Lasted about 30-45 min. Awaiting a call to see if I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I was familiar with the color code since I come from a structured cabling background.   View Answer
    Was told there was no negotiation due to lack of field experience.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2014.

Got called for a phone interview and was asked basic questions about previous employment, It took about 10 minutes and then i was told that i would be called within the next day to schedule an in person interview.

In person interview was easy, I was asked about my previous experience in the IT field. Most of the questions were in regards to working in basements/cramped/dirty places and if i had issues with rodents and bugs.

The manager that interviewed me also made it very clear that i would be working around VIPs and i had to have a very professional appearance.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked. They were mainly interested in if i speak like an intelligent individual and have issues around bugs and dark/cramped places. You will not get this job if you talk like a thug.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate, 9 weeks of training was at $10/hr. Raise to 13.50 at 6month review.

Field Service Technician Interview

overall, it was a pretty standard interview process i guess. it's been changed since i got hired, but for me it was a 3 stage process. first the recruiter calls you in and discusses the pay rate, work schedule, etc. next interview was with the shop manager. very quick. just discussing the business and going over resume. last was interview with a supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in December 2013.

The hiring process was very fast, within an hour of posting my resume and taking the aptitude test online I had a call about scheduling an interview. Three days later I had an interview with the technician department head. The interview went really smoothly, John Smith was very upfront about the demands of the job. The conversation was very engaging and specific about my experience and the requirements of the position. I left the interview feeling very optimistic. By the end of the day of the interview I recieved a call back with a tentative offer of employment pending a discussion about salary as it pertained to my previous experience. All of the people involved in the process were highly professional and completely upfront.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed to meet a job requirement, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was possible based on previous relevant experience.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

It was me and about 20 other people there.. we got called in 1 by 1 to get interviewed by 2 supervisors and they ask a lot of customer service exp. questions.. tell me a time etc.. how did you handle certain situations.. how does your background and education contribute to this position..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2013.

I initially found the job the the Work in Texas job search portal. I submitted a resume tailored to the requirements to the job posting. I was contacted by a Time Warner recruiter. She promptly scheduled an interview. There were two supervisors who conducted the interview. They were professional. The main things that I needed to prove was my past experience in manual labor and construction and analytical thinking. (on a funny side note, I never knew Larry the cable guy was a very good representation of what cable guys look and sound like.)

After being hired you will go through their training process. They teach everything that you need to know in order to actually perform your job in the field. Successful completion of the training and probationary period is required to keep the job. While on probation you perform ride alongs with an experienced technician that helps you apply what you learned in training. You will then gradually take on a full workload.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations. There are flat rates that you get paid based on your Tech level aka Tech 1 is $11.80 - tech 2 $12.50 etc (This is just our area. I don't know what other areas pay.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2012.

Just had a phone interview, and am planning to have a face to face interview in a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • Just the question of if I'm over 325 pounds or not? Caught me off guard a bit.   View Answer
    Well I still have to do one more interview