Time Warner Cable

2.2

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Applied online late one evening and received a phone interview the next afternoon. Phone interview was short and sweet. Recruiter informed me the salary was very low but there were other benefits that made up for low entry-level salary. Also informed me that Network+ cert would increase starting salary. Was invited to an in-person interview. Lasted about 30-45 min. Awaiting a call to see if I was hired.

Interview Questions
  • Asked if I was familiar with the color code since I come from a structured cabling background.   View Answer
Was told there was no negotiation due to lack of field experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Filled out for the position online through their website. Got a call from a recruiter the next day who asked me a few short basic questions and then asked me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview was with two supervisors sitting across from me same time asking pretty simple questions back and fourth. I was told at the end of the interview I could hear something back from the recruiter soon.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic and simple. They didn't use the STAR interview process it was very informal... Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for TWC was the first two questions. Also was asked at the end of the interview why should TWC offer me a position. This is where you really need to sell yourself and make them want to hire you!   View Answer
    There was no negotiating it was a set pay rate, but your get everything free including all the cable and premium channels, highest internet speed available, and free home phone. They also provide you with everything you need to get the job done including a take home vehicle.

Field Service Technician Interview

overall, it was a pretty standard interview process i guess. it's been changed since i got hired, but for me it was a 3 stage process. first the recruiter calls you in and discusses the pay rate, work schedule, etc. next interview was with the shop manager. very quick. just discussing the business and going over resume. last was interview with a supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in December 2013.

The hiring process was very fast, within an hour of posting my resume and taking the aptitude test online I had a call about scheduling an interview. Three days later I had an interview with the technician department head. The interview went really smoothly, John Smith was very upfront about the demands of the job. The conversation was very engaging and specific about my experience and the requirements of the position. I left the interview feeling very optimistic. By the end of the day of the interview I recieved a call back with a tentative offer of employment pending a discussion about salary as it pertained to my previous experience. All of the people involved in the process were highly professional and completely upfront.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed to meet a job requirement, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was possible based on previous relevant experience.

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

It was me and about 20 other people there.. we got called in 1 by 1 to get interviewed by 2 supervisors and they ask a lot of customer service exp. questions.. tell me a time etc.. how did you handle certain situations.. how does your background and education contribute to this position..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2013.

I initially found the job the the Work in Texas job search portal. I submitted a resume tailored to the requirements to the job posting. I was contacted by a Time Warner recruiter. She promptly scheduled an interview. There were two supervisors who conducted the interview. They were professional. The main things that I needed to prove was my past experience in manual labor and construction and analytical thinking. (on a funny side note, I never knew Larry the cable guy was a very good representation of what cable guys look and sound like.)

After being hired you will go through their training process. They teach everything that you need to know in order to actually perform your job in the field. Successful completion of the training and probationary period is required to keep the job. While on probation you perform ride alongs with an experienced technician that helps you apply what you learned in training. You will then gradually take on a full workload.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations. There are flat rates that you get paid based on your Tech level aka Tech 1 is $11.80 - tech 2 $12.50 etc (This is just our area. I don't know what other areas pay.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2012.

Just had a phone interview, and am planning to have a face to face interview in a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • Just the question of if I'm over 325 pounds or not? Caught me off guard a bit.   View Answer
    Well I still have to do one more interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2008.

I came to the office in response to an e-mail looking for new people. The first interview they just asked previous experience and general info about me and my mentality. There were many others that day. A week later I was scheduled for a second interview. Then again one week later.

Interview Questions
    • What previous experience do you have that will help you with the job available?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I either accepted or didn't.