Time Warner Cable Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.5

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Very straight forward. Ask the main technical questions required for that position but also more to see where your experience stands. Three panel interview but they make you feel at ease and make sure you understand everything they ask.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

If you are selected to interview, the HR Staff is very attentive. If not, you're basically throwing your resume into a black hole. You will not get a response. Even if you have the email address of a recruiter, you can forget about getting a response. If you are not selected for the position. You will not be informed, and you will not be provided feedback from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• N/A. Cannot think I a strange or unusual question that was asked during this interview   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I was referred by a colleague. There was one interview. I spoke with the hiring manager, the director, two QA managers that were peers of the hiring manager. Then I had a panel interview with the folks on the team. In the panel interview the team asked many specific questions on what I had done. It was clear they wanted to be sure they were hiring a person who could really help the team get work done.

Interview Questions

• The deepest area they went into was experience troubleshooting using logs from many sources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was done with HR. They were hard core on drawing the line on upper limit on salary and vacation.That being said, the salary was still very good. The vacation limit for a new employee has since been increased by a week. Be aware that the "highly compensated employee limit" for 401K was lower than I had ever seen.

Senior Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter with a few basic questions about my resume. Had a phone interview about a week later with the hiring manager. I was then asked onsite for an interview about 2 weeks later. I met only with the hiring manager. The interview was a combination of behavioral and resume questions....fairly easy. I was then asked back for a second onsite interview about 3 weeks after the first onsite interview. I met with the hiring manager, his manager, and another manager in the department. Was asked again a combination of behavioral questions and questions about my resume. This time there were some odd questions. I had been out of work for 3 months at the time of the interview after being laid off, and the interviewer asked me why I thought I hadn't been hired yet after this long on the market. He also asked what I had been "doing with all my time". I thought those questions were inappropriate. When I left, I was told there would be another interview to choose among the top 2. I received an email about 2 weeks later saying I hadn't been chosen to continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you haven't been hired in the last 3 months you've been without a job?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

I Submitted my resume online and within a week I received a call from Human Resources. They an scheduled interview with hiring manager and his boss the following week. I interviewed with both. They informed me that they had others to interview and that someone would contact me. I didn't hear anything for three weeks and then was offered the Job. Had to do a background check and was asked to start a week after everything cleared.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was asking about programs they could use to better their reporting. I concentrated so much on knowing what they were using now that I didn't think of what could make their reporting better.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation, they knew what they were going to pay and there was no wiggle room.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

You talk to a friend who works here. He recommends you to HR. If your background fits the job spec., the recruiter will call you for a phone interview. The recruiter will then circulate your qualification with the hiring manager and coordinate a final list of candidates to interview. The interviews are with multiple stakeholders who you will be working closely on daily basis. After the interview, the recruiter tells you within 2 weeks whether you have the job or not. You negotiate your compensation then. It is a straight forward process and they move fairly quickly. The HR department is one of the most efficient departments within the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult for me since I was within the industry and understood most of the major issues. If you don't have the background, they will seem hard or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not flexible with the salary, or compensation if they know that you have been unemployed. Therefore, you feel like you had no choice.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me a day after I responded to the job posting on their corporate site. We had a 15-20 min phone conversation about my background. The next step was to get approval from the hiring manager to move forward with the phone and in-person interviews. After another phone screen with the hiring manager, I came in for 4 in-person interviews. The whole process took about 3 hours. The team and the hiring manager were very polite and pleasant. The questions were relatively easy, lots of "what would you do in this situation", "how did you handle this situation", "tell me about your PM experience" types of questions. Unfortunately, they disappeared after the interview and only after 2 weeks of persistent inquiries I got a standard "you were not the right fit" response from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest failure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I found out about this opportunity through a career fair. Time Warner Cable position this program for college students and even recent graduates. The interview was first with HR which was very simple then they had you speak with two people on the respective team in the given department. There were no challenging or out of the ordinary questions. Many about previous experiences and your resume

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Typical Corporate screening - credit review, drug test, phone interview and 2nd panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very relaxed and there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary - know what your skills are worth

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Herndon, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Essential I had a phone interview from an HR recruiter with TWC. Then I was scheduled for a face to face. The interview consisted of a one on one and then a group interview, the other team members came in and asked me some questions. Not alot of technical questions, just experience based questions, and process based questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with NetCOOL?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about working in a team? Heads up, TWC is EXTREMELY team oriented, this is a MUST. If you lie you'll be screwed.   1 Answer
    • How long would it take you to developer a training course on "whatever software they name"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would say negotiate. I had to. Had my salary bumped by a few thousand and was assured a bonus that would put me where I really wanted to be at. They kept their word. It's really a good company to work for.