Time Warner Cable

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.6

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

I had gone to an open interview that they held at a local hotel. I was not sure if I wanted to attend because in the past open interviews were jokes (only met with a person for about 2 mins). But I ended up going. They had me fill out a brief application( I had completed the online application before hand, per their request) and watch a power point. Nobody was in the room but other applicants. I finished and handed it in. One guy interviewing did so and he was personable. We smiled and laughed. They had me meet with two other people as well and basically repeated the same questions and did a mock scenario of selling a product. Very long altogether about an hour or so. But promised to get back to me in Friday. Sure enough someone contacted me that friday.

Set salary

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2014.

It was easier than I expected it to be. I applied online took the assessment right after which was about an hour a week later I got a call from a recruiter which was a phone interview she scheduled me for my in person interview that following week I went in today spoke with 2 different people it took about 45mins all together I'm hopeful I got the job he told me when I would start I'm just waiting for a call!

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Stood in line for two hours for a 10 minute interview. I took a skills test at home on the computer. A week later I received a phone call offering me a position. I had 24 hours to accept and start the process of getting my drug test done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Relaxed and interviewer just wanted to make sure you had an understanding of sales and able to close the deal when it came down to it. They will probe you to make sure you have the guts to actually go for the throat on big money sales.

Simple everyone gets the same base pay.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Go to a job fair, get all 3 interviews out of the way immediately in one day. Do well on the assessment and make sure you have clean urine.dress nice, no shorts, jeans open shoes etc. they will pretty much hire anyone since it is such a revolving door they always need new blood.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all easy and not one interviewer controlled the conversation.   Answer Question
    Very simple, you get what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2014.

Recruiter emailed me after i applied to another position. Did a quck phone interview with him, he gave me a BUNCH of tips about how to better answer the questions, which was a pleasant surprise for me. Then i followed up with glassdoor.com to see what other Inbound sales position people were asked. I was prepared for every question, they read from a script... "What was a sale you didn't want to do, and how did you overcome it".... role play scenario with one rep, and how you handle it is you LISTEN to what his needs are, kids, family, cooking, sports, history, etc, and then you tell him about the channels 'TWC" has to satisfy those needs, and talk about how the packages will save money and especially reference how having a package will mean one bill, and not three seperate bills if you have internet through one service, tv through another, and phone through another... etc...

they ask if you had sales quotas at your previous position, what was a scenario where you had to flip a client who was unhappy with a sale... etc

oh, btw, twelve bucks an hour for six months of training, we'll see if i make it through it, i hope so...

2 interview process..phone than face to face, pretty straight forward

There wasn't any negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2013.

applied online, received and email questionnaire that said it needed to be returned within 2 days, interviewed, 2 weeks letter got a call saying i got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2013.

Applied online and took a practice test which consisted of mock phone calls and working with customers problems. Two weeks later received a call from a recruiter and set up an in person interview with the person who would be my eventual supervisor. Spoke with her for about an hour then she took me to see her supervisor and he made me take out my cell phone from my pocket and tell me quickly why I purchased that cell phone and how it benefits me. Right after he asked me that we shook hands and he walked me out. Three hours later received a call from the recruiter in LA saying that they liked me and want to continue the hiring process and I will have to take a drug test soon and employee background check.

Interview Questions
    • I am coming from the professional sports industry and they asked me a few questions about how I could use those skills in this new job environment.   Answer Question
    12/hr for four weeks during training then its $9.20/hr + commission after. No negotiating since it is entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Hiring went alright. I was hired 2 months before I started b/c I had to wait for the next training course to start. Apparently training starts every 90 days. A recruiter will call you and make all the e-mail contacts simply b/c it is a very high turnover rate and they will almost interview anyone that applies. I say this because I work with some people that I would have personally never hired under any circumstance. May take 2 weeks to hear a call back once application is submitted. Be drug free and wear slacks and a tie if male. Females dress modestly.

Interview Questions
    • I had to mimic a sales call. I talked to my interviewer on a phone set up in the neighboring office about cable, internet, and phone service while writting down answers to general questions about myself on a piece of paper. (what is my favorite food, movie..ext) This was a multitasking test b/c the job required a bit of this. Writing and talking @ the same time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Turned out strange because I actually agreed to a certain sort of pay structure (it was very attractive) and by the time I started 2 months later the company overhauled the payscale and I had no choice but to accept the changes. The changes ended up costing the average sales agent $2,000 dollars a month in commission and many veteran sales reps quit very shortly after I started work.