Time Warner Cable

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2015.

Took about a month to get a phone interview. However my phone interview was so friendly and relaxed that I wanted to know more about Time Warner. When I got to the in person interview I was walked through the call center. It was fully decorated for Valentines day and had movie poster and cut outs everywhere. No one on the phones appeared stressed or rushed. It just seemed like a playful work team. My interview was also relaxed and was designed to see if I could sell. Had a great time and I look forward to starting there.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to sell someone more than they wanted?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in January 2015.

WORST INTERVIEW EVER!!
    ATTENTION EVERYONE
    Applied online, got a call a couple days later.
    The recruiter explains the process and sets up an interview. Tells me to "study time warner products as role play will be part of the interview".
    Stayed up all night role playing and getting ready for the big day.
    I arrive almost an hour early. Only to have the recruiter be almost 10 late because he had droped some coffee according to him.
    The interview only lasted only 10 min.
    Which was only 10 min of questions .
    No role play what so ever. I was ready on interview day to show this big business how i could sale.
    To make things worse, the person who i interviewed me told me the recruiter would make the decisions.
    Only to have the recruiter tell me the interviewer would make the decision.
    So unprofessional.
    I got an email with them telling me i wasnt good enough.
    I phone call was not got enough.
    5+ year of sales experience wasnt good enough for them.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

I had gone to an open interview that they held at a local hotel. I was not sure if I wanted to attend because in the past open interviews were jokes (only met with a person for about 2 mins). But I ended up going. They had me fill out a brief application( I had completed the online application before hand, per their request) and watch a power point. Nobody was in the room but other applicants. I finished and handed it in. One guy interviewing did so and he was personable. We smiled and laughed. They had me meet with two other people as well and basically repeated the same questions and did a mock scenario of selling a product. Very long altogether about an hour or so. But promised to get back to me in Friday. Sure enough someone contacted me that friday.

Set salary

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2014.

It was easier than I expected it to be. I applied online took the assessment right after which was about an hour a week later I got a call from a recruiter which was a phone interview she scheduled me for my in person interview that following week I went in today spoke with 2 different people it took about 45mins all together I'm hopeful I got the job he told me when I would start I'm just waiting for a call!

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Stood in line for two hours for a 10 minute interview. I took a skills test at home on the computer. A week later I received a phone call offering me a position. I had 24 hours to accept and start the process of getting my drug test done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Relaxed and interviewer just wanted to make sure you had an understanding of sales and able to close the deal when it came down to it. They will probe you to make sure you have the guts to actually go for the throat on big money sales.

Simple everyone gets the same base pay.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Go to a job fair, get all 3 interviews out of the way immediately in one day. Do well on the assessment and make sure you have clean urine.dress nice, no shorts, jeans open shoes etc. they will pretty much hire anyone since it is such a revolving door they always need new blood.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all easy and not one interviewer controlled the conversation.   Answer Question
    Very simple, you get what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2014.

Recruiter emailed me after i applied to another position. Did a quck phone interview with him, he gave me a BUNCH of tips about how to better answer the questions, which was a pleasant surprise for me. Then i followed up with glassdoor.com to see what other Inbound sales position people were asked. I was prepared for every question, they read from a script... "What was a sale you didn't want to do, and how did you overcome it".... role play scenario with one rep, and how you handle it is you LISTEN to what his needs are, kids, family, cooking, sports, history, etc, and then you tell him about the channels 'TWC" has to satisfy those needs, and talk about how the packages will save money and especially reference how having a package will mean one bill, and not three seperate bills if you have internet through one service, tv through another, and phone through another... etc...

they ask if you had sales quotas at your previous position, what was a scenario where you had to flip a client who was unhappy with a sale... etc

oh, btw, twelve bucks an hour for six months of training, we'll see if i make it through it, i hope so...

2 interview process..phone than face to face, pretty straight forward

There wasn't any negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2013.

applied online, received and email questionnaire that said it needed to be returned within 2 days, interviewed, 2 weeks letter got a call saying i got the job