Time Warner Cable

2.7

Cable Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Went to one interview and it went great. They called me for a second one and one of the guys was not very professional. Decided not to pursue anymore.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodside, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Applied online late one evening and received a phone interview the next afternoon. Phone interview was short and sweet. Recruiter informed me the salary was very low but there were other benefits that made up for low entry-level salary. Also informed me that Network+ cert would increase starting salary. Was invited to an in-person interview. Lasted about 30-45 min. Awaiting a call to see if I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I was familiar with the color code since I come from a structured cabling background.   View Answer
    Was told there was no negotiation due to lack of field experience.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

I had gone to an open interview that they held at a local hotel. I was not sure if I wanted to attend because in the past open interviews were jokes (only met with a person for about 2 mins). But I ended up going. They had me fill out a brief application( I had completed the online application before hand, per their request) and watch a power point. Nobody was in the room but other applicants. I finished and handed it in. One guy interviewing did so and he was personable. We smiled and laughed. They had me meet with two other people as well and basically repeated the same questions and did a mock scenario of selling a product. Very long altogether about an hour or so. But promised to get back to me in Friday. Sure enough someone contacted me that friday.

Set salary

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Filled out for the position online through their website. Got a call from a recruiter the next day who asked me a few short basic questions and then asked me to come in for an interview two days later. The interview was with two supervisors sitting across from me same time asking pretty simple questions back and fourth. I was told at the end of the interview I could hear something back from the recruiter soon.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty basic and simple. They didn't use the STAR interview process it was very informal... Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for TWC was the first two questions. Also was asked at the end of the interview why should TWC offer me a position. This is where you really need to sell yourself and make them want to hire you!   View Answer
    There was no negotiating it was a set pay rate, but your get everything free including all the cable and premium channels, highest internet speed available, and free home phone. They also provide you with everything you need to get the job done including a take home vehicle.

Workforce Scheduling and Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this region of the country who conducted a preliminary Phone interview then they set up a web interview with two of the managers and one future co-worker. The Interview lasted one hour. Recruiter was helpful concerning types of questions he anticipated. Expect to negotiate for compensation. Recruiter was confrontational when I declined the original offer and then again when I declined the counter offer.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted a detailed explanation of the Forecasting and Scheduling process that I would use.   Answer Question

Offer was lower then market for area and I decided it was not feasible to move for a job that would only pay that amount.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Filled out online application and did assessment then a week later recruiter called to setup phone interview. After phone interview, she scheduled me a face to face interview and gave me strict instructions on what to go over and to what to wear. She pretty much gave/told me everything I needed to get the job. Showed up for the four part face to face interview and was started off with a tour of the location (which is a mini interview - so ask as many questions as possible!). Second part was just a standard interview with typical questions. Third, I had to do a phone call scenario, (The recruiter gave me all the info on what I needed to know and told me what to research - research for this part will be kudos on you and will definitely help you get the job) the scenario isn't as bad as you think it's really laid back plus the supervisor didn't even look at you. Lastly, I had my second interview and it was just like the first one. Just a standard interview and questions. After the interview I was told I will know within 48 hours. The next day I received a phone call with an offer for $11.50 hour and I needed a drug and background test.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a difficult question but one of the interviewers was combative when I told her I just moved to CO from LA and didn't really feel comfortable driving in snow.   Answer Question
    None

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Hiring process is taking about 3 weeks. Still waiting on background check to come back it's been over a week now.
    The interview was not hard at all and online application is easy to navigate.

Interview Questions
    • When a time you did everything to get a sell and didn't get it   Answer Question
    None

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2014.

Applied late one night and received a call the next day. The phone interview was short but easy. Ask the typical call center questions. Once you pass the phone interview you do go in for the in person interview. You do a mock call and interview with a supervisor and the floor manager.

Interview Questions
    They tell you the starting rate and based on your experience and shift you chose it can go up from there.

Outbound Telesales Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

There was one interview with the manager. I was asked the basic generic interview questions. For example... How would deal with a difficult situation, Name a time when, etc. The interviewer did not give any reactions, laugh, smile or anything.

Interview Questions
    • The interview question were the basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    I did ask for more but my amount was not accepted and TWC stuck with their original offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Apply online-answer questions, phone assesment, and upload resume. A recruter calls and talks about the position and to see if you are still interested. The recruter then sets up a day and time to go in for an interview. Then you interview with a manager. If you are given the job you must then complete an online questionnaire and get a drug test within 48 hours.

No negotiation