Time Warner Cable

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Generalist (Contract) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

I was contacted by an outside recruiter who was excited about my background and work history. After waiting about a month. He contacted me to let me know I was to have a phone interview. On the date and time that the phone interview was to take place, I never received a call. I was told by the recruiter to call the company contact. When she finally returned my call, we did arrange a face-to-face interview which was supposed to be with her and the Director of HR. On the day of the interview, the Director of HR was not there. The interview lasted approximately two hours and I was told that I had done a great job and should hear something in a couple of weeks. After two weeks went by I had to contact the recruiter to find out if a hiring decision had been made. I was left feeling like the HR personnel at this company are not very professional and I was probably better off not getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. All of them were pretty routine (i.e., tell me about yourself, etc).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

the interview wasn't hard at all.i was interviewed by 3 managers.i had to do a mock call, than i was given a tour of the call center.ask alot of questions.dress casual

Field Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The online exam or assessment is useless to tell whether someone is qualified to install cable lines or services to a customer. The test consists of 30-50 deductive& reasoning questions and 50 or personality questions.The test is, in all honesty, ridiculous. The first 10 questions or so are TIME BASED deductive and reasoning. You are given a paragraph of uncompleted facts with a series of logical order. For example: Lisa's flight is two hours after Tom's. Deena's flight is second. Valerie's flight is at 4 pm. Steve is flying out before Tom but after Deena's. Sue's flight is at 4:05. What time is Lisa's Flight????

Now of course this is not the exact question and answer, but an idea of what you will be dealing with. At times they get more difficult and you only have 2 min to answer each scenario. Just clearing up all the details and getting them in some sort of order will take most of the time. Then you have to choose the best answer for that situation. If you are not prepared, it will throw you off track quickly.

The second part of the test are more situation and personality type questions. Not difficult to answer, and they are not on any time limit. However, they are tricky in the sense because they are looking to categorize your personality as weak, sensitive, distracted easily, opinionated, etc. etc. There is no right answer, However, it is based on more of a psychological profiling to see if you fit into what they are looking for in an employee. Try not to answer those type questions with too much emotion or feelings. This company has no heart, no feeling, and don't want people who fall into this category, and think for themselves. Logical and understanding of customer needs is not what this company wants in their employees. They don't want to hire those who may rock the boat or question the poor ethics that the company possess. They want hard nosed, focused on the task type of employees that do not take reason, and or sympathetic type personality traits.

Interview Questions
    • Would I take half of what I would normally get paid? 20 years of cable/tv/internet, voice & data, fiber experience and the most I might get offered would be $15.00 and hour, really? She started with $13.00 and hour. Now like most people I expect they would pay for experience, knowledge, skill as would be customary. Nope they low ball the hell out of you and tell you, you would have to move up to level 4 or 5 to even get close to what I normally make. ABSURD... Hey TWC, if you want my experience and skills you need to pay me appropriately. This is not arrogance it is simple math I can't pay a mortgage and feed my kids on a salary that is intended for entry level techs. After I declined that I would not accept $15.00 and hour or less she no longer cared. She removed my application for consideration. AT&T starts techs out for Uverse at $15-$16 and more for experience. Hey TWC get a clue! People can't live off your pay unless they have no bills or responsibilities.   Answer Question

LOOOOOOW PAY!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in December 2014.

Applied online recieved email about 2 weeks later about job description, training , pay rate etc. Scheduled a phone interview with recruiter, passed the pbone interview was invited to a face to face interview at company location in Flushing NY.

On location did a tour and saw the different departments/teams in the call center. Interview consisted of three parts customer service, performance and role play.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond what was expected of you .   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in December 2014.

I applied online and took a very long assessment. A couple days later, I received an email from the recruiter asking if I was still interested in the position and if I was available for a phone interview that following Friday. I said yes of course. The phone interview was pretty quick it lasted only 15 minutes basically questions that gets to know a little more about yourself. She told me I pass on to the next round which would be a interview with two other supervisors which included the role play in regards to the products they sell.
    When I made it to the face-to-face interview there was two other candidates also being interviewed for the same position. First, all of the candidates was taken for a tour of the facility. It was very informative, and decorative. Make sure and ask nice questions just to get notice but don't be too serious because it is a pretty calm atmosphere. Next, after that each candidate meet with a different supervisor I believe I was the only one who actually met with all three supervisor. The last interviewer did the role play and it was really simple. (I thought this part was going to be the hardest) But everyone role play may be different. My questioned focused on a remote that was not working. They give you a script and you have to use it while trying to up-sell other products.
    The first interviewer, didn't seem interested in talking to me as if he made up his mind before even asking me any questions, The second, interviewer was really nice it made it a lot easier to talk to him. This part didn't even seem like an interview but I made sure to tell him all my strength and weakness in a positive light. My third, interview was the shortest because he just focused on the role play questioned. This process lasted about an 1 hr and 30 minutes. I was told someone may contact me within 7- 10 days. I email recruiter just to let her know how it went and to thank her. She told me the she has good news for me but she will contact me later. That Friday she offer the job to me. I accepted it. She also told me about the on-boarding process which consisted on a few emails. It required a background check and a drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to fix something technical on your own? What was it? How did you fix it? What was you whole thought process about it?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but she was not budging. They say you can make more other ways. So I accepted the offer because I actually really like the company so FAR...

Direct Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Pretty straight forward, asked the basic questions, they interview focused more around the current chaos in the department and is that an environment I thrive in. They weren't kidding!! Having and inside referral put me at the head of the line.

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Account Executive Interview

Not bad. Very easy and comfortable interview. List of standard questions, what type of experience? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Etc.

Interview with 2 managers after the HR interview.

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2014.

Completed application online. Fairly straight forward. Received email containing testing info and completed interactive customer service based test online. I found it easy to navigate, understand and complete. TWC seems to leverage technology throughout the hiring process. Passed online test and was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone screen. Recruiter went over the usual experience related questions then asked additional questions to gauge my attitudes and opinions. Passed and was scheduled for an interview the best day. Interview lasted about 20 minutes or so. The supervisor was engaging and seemed interested in what I was saying taking detailed notes. The next day I was given an offer and sent the links for the background and drug screen. Again good use of technology. Completed onboarding online and did the drug screen the next morning. Was notified of passing both the background and drug screen before noon that day. The whole process was quick and seem less.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you did your best to help a customer but didn't have a favorable outcome? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations. It's base pay plus commission.

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2014.

Typical process . Phone interview with basic questions . Very nice recruiter with a positive attitude . Passed phone interview and invited for face to face interview with supervisor. Interview lasted for about an hour with basic situational questions plus a mock phone call of trying to retain a tax customer. Very nice office and overall nice people that work there . Next day I received a call to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to own up to a mistake you made?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2014.

Applied on their website
    Received a call from HR from Albany
    Set up an interview a few days later
    Interviewed with VP I would be working for as the executive assistant which seemed to go well
    Never received any notification on what happened with position but I did receive a call a few weeks later that my resume was selected again for the administrative assistant position
    I declined to move forward with them