Time Warner Cable Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

The interview was easy, very fun but a long 2 hour process. FYI the tour IS AN INTERVIEW ask questions get noticed stand out make sure you be confident in your answers. Good luck

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw someone doing something dishonest?   Answer Question
    Nonnegotiable flat rate $13.00p/h plus commission

Systems Engineer Interview

Was initially contacted by an HR representative via email then by phone. I was then scheduled for a phone interview with the department manager. After a wonderful conversation with him. He then passed me back to HR for another phone interview with a technical lead. In this interview I was asked technical questions and was gained by how I responded more than the actual awnsers. After I was green lighted from him I was handed back to HR for consideration by all stakeholders. I was then contacted one last time for an offer of employment with a generous compensation package and benefits. After accepting, I was emailed information and access to their on boarding online system when I completed paperwork to include I-9 and W-4. I am now waiting until my official start date to begin work

Interview Questions
    Sort and sweet. Initial offer was more then my stated requirements. :-)

Tax Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

I applied this position through the career services of my university and got preselected for a 30-minute on-campus behavioral interview in about two weeks. However, the interview was cancelled at first due to an adverse weather condition. After rescheduling, it got eventually pushed back about 2 weeks.

Tier III Technical Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

Contacted by recruiter who had seen my resume. Scheduled a phone interview via email for later in the week. Scheduled a on-site visit and interview at conclusion of phone interview for the next week. Had a lengthy interview 2+ hours with 2 managers and received job offer later that day.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was no were near as hard as I expected and anyone with A+ or Network+ certifcaton or moderate IT knowledge should have any problems. Recomend familirazing with VoIP and basic trouble shooting command. Know Ping Tracert nslookup and other shell commands that can help identify problem areas.   View Answer
    I actually had a little room for negotiation as two different departments where interested in me. I was able to get a 1.50 more per hour then the initial pay rate quoted to me at the beginning of the process. However pay is pretty much predetermined by position and what if any experience, certifications or education you have.

Assistant Interview

Applied online. Standard submission of resume, cover letter, and references. Received a phone interview. Asked to speak on my experience, why I was interested in the job, and how I thought I was a good fit for the position. Very friendly and easy interviewer. Unfortunately did not receive an invitation for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The hiring process is not long. If you go on their website and fill out an application then you take a test and a recruiter will call you will do mini phone interview. After that is done, if you succeed they schedule you a face to face interview. The face to face interview is 2 hours long and has 4 sections. There is an interview with a supervisor. Another interview with another supervisor, a mock stimulation (role play), and they give you a tour of the facility. Then it when it is over and they send on your way and say all 4 supervisors will meet and discuss your interview and then they'll contact you with their decision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in June 2014.

When I first arrived for the interview I was 15 mins early like they tell you to be and waited 45 mins for the actual interview. They ask you a few usual questions, then role play in which you have to fix a customer problem then upsell to them. They also lie to you about the hours you are going to be working, I was told certain hours then once I accepted and was in training found out it was a shift bid and they change your hours every 6 months based on performance.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing that was difficult for me was the role playing because I have no selling experience and you had to come in trying to upsell something.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, either you accepted the job or you didn't

Retention Representative Interview

The process started with a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was offered a in person interview for the following month. The in person interview was conducted by two supervisors which lasted an hour. I was then offered the position two weeks later with a start date the following month.

Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The Company at that time was runned by the Liberty Corporate office. But in 2004 it was brought out by TWC in New York City. So the operational procedures had to be modified per Time Warner Cable in New York City in order that Hudson Valley and New York City would operate in the same level.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall any difficult or unexpected question by customers as the Company mission was the 1 call resolution. And they trained their employees to handle irate customers, so there was no time for errors. In all Companies there is protocol or change of command process which enables the Representative to resolve the matter; and leaves the customer satisfied.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Stood in line for two hours for a 10 minute interview. I took a skills test at home on the computer. A week later I received a phone call offering me a position. I had 24 hours to accept and start the process of getting my drug test done.