Time Warner Cable Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Staten Island, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter she gave me a lot of information on the job and interview process. She told me there was a role play that you had to study for and gave me the info. I went into the interview it took about 2 hours. Met with two supervisors one was the verbal interview. The second was the role play it was ok but she through in a trick question that the recruiter didn't say would be apart of it. Got a call from a different recruiter that night to call her in the am. She told me in the morning that I got the job. I went for the drug screen and did the background check and I start on two weeks

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Very unprofessional interview process, The interviewers were not very personable like they had better things to do asked a set of situational questions very quickly with no getting to know you chit chat just asked set of questions to be punched into computer and scored to determine if you get the job. This was one of the most un-personal interviews I have ever had the questions weren't really based on getting to know what type of person you are they were more so situations you have experienced and wanting details on how you handled them. the seemingly obvious answers to these questions did not seem to be enough even giving details of past experiences.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a tech position online. About 2-3 weeks later I got a call from a recruiter and gave me a short but information filled phone interview. When the phone interview was done, she asked me if I agreed to the pay and everything she told me. I said yes, she scheduled a face to face interview where I was interviewed by 2 supervisors. It was more of a getting to know each other meeting than an interview. Great vibe. At the end of the interview they told me I'd hear from them in about a week. 6 days later the recruiter called me to let me know I was offered the position. I then had to fill out documents online (background check, direct deposit, etc.) took my drug test, and now I am just waiting for my first day of training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I'll work hard first, then negotiate a raise. (You get a raise after training.)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

Applied on-line. Was contacted by HR who did an initial phone screen. Then flew me to Colorado for the actual interview. Interviewed all afternoon. It was a revolving door of Interviewers, some from the dept. I would be working in, some from other depts. & some who were my junior who were obviously fresh out of school & knew next to nothing about technology or the cable industry for that matter. I found the whole process to be unprofessional & the people were inconsiderate & disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Since it was a revolving door of interviewers, most asked the stereotypical interview questions. Frankly, I had more technology experience than all of them put together. It seems any real development & engineering work is outsourced to contractors. I couldn't figure out what they actually developed there. When I asked a question, I never really got a straight answer. I got the impression that they don't do much except pat each other on the back & collect a paycheck. What really turned me off is when one of the managers bragged about how they throttle-back customers who use their cable Internet service to stream video or watch movies on Netflix. I must say it was a very strange experience & a complete waste of my time. Not a place I would want to spend 8 hours a day.   Answer Question

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview about a week later. The interview lasted about 30-40 minutes. They asked a lot of situational questions, went over my resume and did a role play. It was around the holidays so I was contacted about two weeks about the position. after the interview with a job offer. Information was sent for the drug test and background check. Once the results came in I was contacted and given the information about the start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer and was not successful.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by an HR representative who asked typical interview questions such as "why are you interested in sales?" "How does your previous experience apply to this position?" and "Describe a difficult situation where you had to find a quick resolution." The HR rep also elaborated on the position and told me I would be contacted by a sales manager for an in-person interview. The next day I was contacted by the sales manager and went in for an interview the following week. The questions asked were typical interview questions and it was an overall positive experience.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a month to get a phone interview. However my phone interview was so friendly and relaxed that I wanted to know more about Time Warner. When I got to the in person interview I was walked through the call center. It was fully decorated for Valentines day and had movie poster and cut outs everywhere. No one on the phones appeared stressed or rushed. It just seemed like a playful work team. My interview was also relaxed and was designed to see if I could sell. Had a great time and I look forward to starting there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell someone more than they wanted?   1 Answer

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Sign in and wait for someone to come and get you. You go to an interview room. The interview was long, it lasted about an hour. There were lots of questions and then when done you are walked back out to the lobby.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a customer that you just could not please?   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

It was a telephone interview with three people on the other line. They asked a series of questions that were from basic to very specific. The people I talked to were very fun and relaxed. The only time I felt pressured to have a perfect answer is when they were trying to figure out my knowledge level about PR.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very specific questions about PR, such as if I have I have written a press release before.   Answer Question

Business Class Tier III Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email by HR. They say my resume on Career Builder. Asked for an in-person interview.
    Went in for the interview. Answered the questions and filled out the forms. HR called back the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Well known ports. Internet protocol definitions, IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, POP3 etc.Subnetting, CIDR notation   Answer Question