Time Warner Cable Interview Questions

2.7

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2014.

Applied on 3/20/14 Recruiter called on 3/26/14 to setup a interview
    1st interview on 4/3/14 Recruiter called to setup 2nd interview
    2nd interview 4/14/14 Waiting now for the call back

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to complete your goals for commission?   Answer Question
    I'm waiting for the call back. I will accept the offer.

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

The process took around three weeks. I received a phone call offering a chance to interview a couple days afterwards. I completed the interview and was called with an official offer the next week. After the official offer, I completed the drug test and completed forms so they could complete my background check. I was notified later in the week that everything had come back clean so I was good to start. I received my New Hire Orientation information a couple days before I was slated to start.

The interview process went really well for me. Initially I was a tad nervous, but once I began answering the questions, I relaxed. Plus the guy that interviewed me (which was a supervisor) made me feel really comfortable. (The other employees that I had encountered once I was in the building were also extremely nice.) If you have a great work ethic, customer service experience and even a little bit of sales experience, you should do just fine. If you haven't sold anything at all before, you may be in trouble.

The pay is going to be non-negotiable. It's really take it or leave it.

Make sure to answer the calls from the HR reps as they come in. Trying to get in touch with them if you missed their call can be quite challenging, haha. It'll take a while (they have so many other people to call.) I will, say, emailing them is effective.

Interview Questions
    • I had to act as a retention rep with the interviewer. It became a scenario where he was the irate customer and I had to retain his business as well as upsell.   View Answer
    Salary is non-negotiable. It's take it or leave it. I think the base pay is okay considering your commission earning ability is entirely up to you.

Field Service Technician Interview

overall, it was a pretty standard interview process i guess. it's been changed since i got hired, but for me it was a 3 stage process. first the recruiter calls you in and discusses the pay rate, work schedule, etc. next interview was with the shop manager. very quick. just discussing the business and going over resume. last was interview with a supervisor.

Headend Technician Interview

I was hired 26 years ago by adifferent company.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

2 interview process..phone than face to face, pretty straight forward

There wasn't any negotiating

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

The interview process was very smooth. There were 3 potential employees there for the interview. When we were taken back to the back for interview they places all 3 of us in separate rooms. I met with 3 Team managers separate. Two of the managers asked behavioral questions and the last manager did a role play scenario where a customer had an issue and you use customer service skills to assist her. After that I received a tour of the facility and I was on my way. Received a call in 3 hours offering me the position. Very Smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had a difficult customer interaction. What steps were taken and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

Applied online and got a response back 3 weeks later from their recruitment department via e-mail asking if I was still interested. If I was still interested to send e-mail back that I was. It took another two days for the response from that e-mail. They gave me a time that they would call and ask if I would be available, I of course said yes. The day of phone interview they called me and the phone interview consisted of my former employment experience (which was medical not customer service nor sales). The phone interview ended with me being invited to a face to face interview on a Saturday afternoon. I also received an e-mail with the companies products and services to study for the face to face interview.

The day of my interview I arrived 15 minutes prior as requested and was surprised to see three others sitting there for a interview as well! With the same person as I was and at the same time! Then within 15 minutes 10 more interviewers arrived for the same people and at the same time. We all were waiting for about another 20 minutes. Then a woman came down and told us it would be another 5 minutes. Finally we were taken upstairs to a conference room where 15 or so of TWC staff were waiting. We all signed in and were given name badges then told that we would all be interviewed by four different people. Shortly after we each were called by someone. My first interviewer basically asked me questions on my experience, work ethic, adaptability and sales experience. We went over the schedule for work if chosen and attendance. The second one was the mock customer service call. Please study the link for the products and services that TWC offer. You will need it for this section. I was told that there are no right or wrong answers to just look over the cheat sheet for a few minutes. The call was about a bill payment that was to high. The interviewer in my opinion was just trying to get a feel for your customer service skills which is just how you would want to be treated if you were the customer. Remember that. Also if you do not want to also up sale a customer then this job isn't for you. The third person just gave me a tour and the fourth was just an overview of the first three then I was out. It took 2 hours! So be prepared to be there awhile. I was told that I would hear back in two days which I did and was told that I was chosen to move on to the drug test and back ground check. I did both and passed both then was called the day after telling me welcome aboard TWC!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiating they have a starting wage and I accepted it. They have bonuses and raises so all evens out.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Initial communication is through the website and a browser-based system to determine how you do in certain call center scenarios. Attention to detail will easy push you through on that side to get an interview at the office. Most interviews are very short, and, as long as you show a willingness to do the job and meet the metrics, they will more than likely push you through.

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to handle a day after you have taken multiple problem calls?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

Only one interview, but took a long time to hear something back. They interviewed a lot of people because their department is growing, so you felt like a number, but I'm sure they were tired after so many interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deliver difficult news to a customer?   View Answer
    NA

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tujunga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tujunga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

Applied online, passed the assessment, a few days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. A few days later after the phone interview i was called for face - to face interview. Interview was good and questions were as usual.