Time Warner Cable Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.7

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Woodside, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online late one evening and received a phone interview the next afternoon. Phone interview was short and sweet. Recruiter informed me the salary was very low but there were other benefits that made up for low entry-level salary. Also informed me that Network+ cert would increase starting salary. Was invited to an in-person interview. Lasted about 30-45 min. Awaiting a call to see if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was familiar with the color code since I come from a structured cabling background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was told there was no negotiation due to lack of field experience.

Workforce Scheduling and Forecasting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (West Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for this region of the country who conducted a preliminary Phone interview then they set up a web interview with two of the managers and one future co-worker. The Interview lasted one hour. Recruiter was helpful concerning types of questions he anticipated. Expect to negotiate for compensation. Recruiter was confrontational when I declined the original offer and then again when I declined the counter offer.

Interview Questions

• Wanted a detailed explanation of the Forecasting and Scheduling process that I would use.   Answer Question

Offer was lower then market for area and I decided it was not feasible to move for a job that would only pay that amount.

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application and did assessment then a week later recruiter called to setup phone interview. After phone interview, she scheduled me a face to face interview and gave me strict instructions on what to go over and to what to wear. She pretty much gave/told me everything I needed to get the job. Showed up for the four part face to face interview and was started off with a tour of the location (which is a mini interview - so ask as many questions as possible!). Second part was just a standard interview with typical questions. Third, I had to do a phone call scenario, (The recruiter gave me all the info on what I needed to know and told me what to research - research for this part will be kudos on you and will definitely help you get the job) the scenario isn't as bad as you think it's really laid back plus the supervisor didn't even look at you. Lastly, I had my second interview and it was just like the first one. Just a standard interview and questions. After the interview I was told I will know within 48 hours. The next day I received a phone call with an offer for $11.50 hour and I needed a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a difficult question but one of the interviewers was combative when I told her I just moved to CO from LA and didn't really feel comfortable driving in snow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied late one night and received a call the next day. The phone interview was short but easy. Ask the typical call center questions. Once you pass the phone interview you do go in for the in person interview. You do a mock call and interview with a supervisor and the floor manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you the starting rate and based on your experience and shift you chose it can go up from there.

Cable Installer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Went to one interview and it went great. They called me for a second one and one of the guys was not very professional. Decided not to pursue anymore.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Retention Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable (West Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is taking about 3 weeks. Still waiting on background check to come back it's been over a week now.
    The interview was not hard at all and online application is easy to navigate.

Interview Questions

• When a time you did everything to get a sell and didn't get it   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Outbound Telesales Reporting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

There was one interview with the manager. I was asked the basic generic interview questions. For example... How would deal with a difficult situation, Name a time when, etc. The interviewer did not give any reactions, laugh, smile or anything.

Interview Questions

• The interview question were the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did ask for more but my amount was not accepted and TWC stuck with their original offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

Apply online-answer questions, phone assesment, and upload resume. A recruter calls and talks about the position and to see if you are still interested. The recruter then sets up a day and time to go in for an interview. Then you interview with a manager. If you are given the job you must then complete an online questionnaire and get a drug test within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

The best way to get in is to reach out to a current employee. Depending on the position you may have between 2-5 interviews. Some hiring managers may not be real responsive as they are buried with day to day activities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, set salary.

Field Service Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Queens Village, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application, then a week later I get a email for a phone interview which was super easy. Couple days later i go in for an interview. This was the worst interview ever! The interview as almost 7 minutes and i was asked no questions at all. I felt like the interview was more to see how i looked rather than what i have to offer.