Time Warner Cable Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a month to get a phone interview. However my phone interview was so friendly and relaxed that I wanted to know more about Time Warner. When I got to the in person interview I was walked through the call center. It was fully decorated for Valentines day and had movie poster and cut outs everywhere. No one on the phones appeared stressed or rushed. It just seemed like a playful work team. My interview was also relaxed and was designed to see if I could sell. Had a great time and I look forward to starting there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell someone more than they wanted?   1 Answer

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

It was a telephone interview with three people on the other line. They asked a series of questions that were from basic to very specific. The people I talked to were very fun and relaxed. The only time I felt pressured to have a perfect answer is when they were trying to figure out my knowledge level about PR.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very specific questions about PR, such as if I have I have written a press release before.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called the next day by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, I then was set up with a face to face interview with management I would be reporting to if I was hired for the position. They definitely want people with customer service experience, it was a pleasant interview although the questions they asked were extremely specific to situations that I've dealt with or may deal with at TWC. I didn't feel nervous at all. I interviewed Thursday I was called on Monday with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you had to take an order for your management which you didn't agree on.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by someone I worked with at another company, I first went online and applied and was later contacted by a recruiter virtually, and invited in for interview with managers and director of call center.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how I handled difficult customers in general, I cannot remember the exact questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary; it was a fixed rate for everyone

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was 2 hours long met with 4 supervisors.. They we all nice besides the last one had a real bad attitude... You have to do a role play abd you get a tour.. They say no experience is ok but don't hire unless you have experience

Business Class Tier III Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email by HR. They say my resume on Career Builder. Asked for an in-person interview. Went in for the interview. Answered the questions and filled out the forms. HR called back the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Well known ports. Internet protocol definitions, IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, POP3 etc.Subnetting, CIDR notation   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Interview

I didn't get an offer but the process was very smooth-informational interview, follow up interview a week later. Everyone was friendly and professional-Even when telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

It took a whole year of applying just to score an interview with this company. Finally a senior recruiter contacted me in September of 2014 to set up an interview . He was very friendly and did a 15 minute phone interview to get to know me. Fast forward now to the interview in Manhattan. I arrived at the store on time. The manager was in and they had me waiting almost an hour. The interview was very uncomfortable and weird. The manager did a small role play of me trying to sell her cable and was being difficult. She then proceeded to ask about customer service. It was the weirdest part of the interview I have ever took part in my life. I knew I should have professionally ended the interview myself right then and there and told her to get rid of my application. There was one other applicant when i left and I should have told him congratulations he probably got the job. Customer service is customer service nonetheless and this woman made me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me a cable package", "What kind of customer service do you have(made zero sense at all)"   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

interviewed with a general foreman was not really too bad mostly safety questions and your formal background experiences, i worked there 6 yrs ago I don't know what the process is like now i am sure it has changed

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Time Warner Cable in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me a few days later. I was interviewed by 3 people. They were all very nice. The first person had me do a mock phone call. The other two asked standard questions. At the end they had someone give a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Did not want the shift they offered me. Pay seemed to be good though.