Time Warner Cable

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Inbound Sales Representative
Van Nuys, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter emailed me after i applied to another position. Did a quck phone interview with him, he gave me a BUNCH of tips about how to better answer the questions, which was a pleasant surprise for me. Then i followed up with glassdoor.com to see what other Inbound sales position people were asked. I was prepared for every question, they read from a script... "What was a sale you didn't want to do, and how did you overcome it".... role play scenario with one rep, and how you handle it is you LISTEN to what his needs are, kids, family, cooking, sports, history, etc, and then you tell him about the channels 'TWC" has to satisfy those needs, and talk about how the packages will save money and especially reference how having a package will mean one bill, and not three seperate bills if you have internet through one service, tv through another, and phone through another... etc...

they ask if you had sales quotas at your previous position, what was a scenario where you had to flip a client who was unhappy with a sale... etc

oh, btw, twelve bucks an hour for six months of training, we'll see if i make it through it, i hope so...

Account Executive II Interview

Account Executive II
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a scheduled interview with a hiring manager. I understand, that they may be held up at another meeting, but to wait more than 30 minutes, made me feel like crap. Total disrespect to the potential candidate. It's like the manager comes out like this: "Your name?" no hello, how are you, how I can help...Nothing. Bad start. After going over some text book questions, which I felt went really good, she was trying to hand me over to another manager for a different position. I declined politely, since I had no intention to go through another round of interrogation. Never heard from TWC ever since. And that's after I have sent an immediate thank you note. Total ignorance. That's not what I would expect from such a big name out there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult client/sales and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Retail Sales Specialist
Tujunga, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, passed the assessment, a few days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. A few days later after the phone interview i was called for face - to face interview. Interview was good and questions were as usual.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected qeustions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hub Technician Interview

Hub Technician
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in June 2011.

Interview Details – Very technical interview with focus on hypothetical issues and problem solving skills. 20 people interviewed for my job- I was the only one who wore a suit- I got the job. Just because you're interviewing for a job in Engineering does not preclude you from trying to look your best!

Interview Question – Give a situation in your last job in which your workload prevented you from completing all the tasks required for sucessful completion and describe how you managed a solution.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-existant.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and was contacted relatively quickly. Had an initial phone screen with HR and then an hour-long phone interview with a director in the group I was interviewing for. Interview appeared to go well and I was told to expect to be invited to an in-person interview. Then everything got bogged down for weeks. Getting updates was next to impossible and after the positive phone interview, all I ended up with is an auto message that they were moving on. Very unprofessional and frustrating experience, kind of like dealing with Time Warner Cable customer service.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted by HR via phone. I had 4 separate in-person interviews before reaching an offer. First with HR, second with the hiring manager, 3rd was a panel interview, and 4th was with the sales director. The interviews were fairly standard, the panel interview was somewhat nerve wracking because there were 3 managers present. The final interview with the sales director was the most difficult, because he really put me on the spot. He asked me how I planned to hit my number and no matter what response I gave he told me I wasn't answering his question and asked me again. I'm fairly certain he wanted to make me uncomfortable and see if I would buckle under pressure or give up. In the end I got the job.

Interview Question – What is a reason why we should NOT hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I am fairly certain it was negotiable, however I did not have other offers to use as bargaining chips at the time. I know other employees who have started off $15k more per year simply based on experience and their sales reputation.

Business Account Executive I Interview

Business Account Executive I
Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Did the online questionnaire/survey. About a week and half after got a phone call from a recruiter. She explained the position and possible pay. She asked if i had any outside sales experience. She scheduled an interview with the sales manager the following week. The interview was very laid back and casual. It was a one on one interview. The interviewer was responding to other work emails during the interview. I knew he liked me from my personality and motivation to sell and make money. My resume and award book speaks for my experience. I could tell he was indecisive about going forward with me or not so he went out of his office to get one of his other colleagues to ask me a couple questions. They were fair with me and told me straight up that they had to pass on me. I appreciated that. They gave me their personal numbers and told me to call them in a year. They wanted to hire someone who had more experience then I did. That knew the ins and out of how all the wiring is done with each product being offered. I didn't know any of that.

Interview Question – Who do you think our competitors are?   View Answer

Cable Store Professional Interview

Cable Store Professional
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in March 2010.

Interview Details – Most cable store positions are done internally first. Been working there 4 years and never once was a external candidate was offered to interview for a cable store positions. The recruiter finds internals first and rarely gets externals through the hiring process.

Interview Question – Sells questions   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Garden Grove, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. and took an online assessment test. I got a call from the recruiter couple days later to set up the appt for an interview with regional sales manager who was very nice. The interview took an hours. No tricky questions, mostly about behavior questions and your past sales experience. 2 weeks later, I got the offer confirmation letter.

Interview Question – What will you go when you see the customers walk into the door?
Give me an example about your achievement at previous job?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was happy with the offer and took it.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by an internal HR recruiter. I subsequently found a friend that worked there in the same department. Having this contact really helped with the interview process, both knowing what to expect and as a reference. The interview process was 3 rounds: my future boss, and 2 levels up.
Every interview was very interesting and the interviewer was very genuine.

Interview Question – If you got this job, what would be the first actions items you would take to ensure success?   Answer Question

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!