Time Warner Cable Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.8

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by an HR representative who asked typical interview questions such as "why are you interested in sales?" "How does your previous experience apply to this position?" and "Describe a difficult situation where you had to find a quick resolution." The HR rep also elaborated on the position and told me I would be contacted by a sales manager for an in-person interview. The next day I was contacted by the sales manager and went in for an interview the following week. The questions asked were typical interview questions and it was an overall positive experience.

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Typical process . Phone interview with basic questions . Very nice recruiter with a positive attitude . Passed phone interview and invited for face to face interview with supervisor. Interview lasted for about an hour with basic situational questions plus a mock phone call of trying to retain a tax customer. Very nice office and overall nice people that work there . Next day I received a call to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to own up to a mistake you made?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Dipatcher I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (El Segundo, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I filled out the application online. Once I finished that I was directed to take the assestment, it does take a little bit of time so make sure you have at least an hour to take the assestment. The assessment consists of 4 mock phone calls and then some behavioral questions, make sure you tell the truth because they ask the same question many ways and if your answers are not the same you will not pass. I was called probably about 3 weeks to a month later. Spoke with the recruiter who was sooo awesome and friendly. I arrived 30 mins early and was greeted by a great receptionist. I was then picked up by the interviewer and taken a upstairs for the interview. The interview was broken down into 3 sections. The 1st section is a review of your resume so remember to sell yourself. Second part is when they ask you the "Tell Me about a time questions" remember to give very descriptive answers. The 3rd part is when they go over the position and ask you would you be able to perform all duties. My interview was yesterday so now I'm playing the waiting game! *fingers crossed*

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me after i applied to another position. Did a quck phone interview with him, he gave me a BUNCH of tips about how to better answer the questions, which was a pleasant surprise for me. Then i followed up with glassdoor.com to see what other Inbound sales position people were asked. I was prepared for every question, they read from a script... "What was a sale you didn't want to do, and how did you overcome it".... role play scenario with one rep, and how you handle it is you LISTEN to what his needs are, kids, family, cooking, sports, history, etc, and then you tell him about the channels 'TWC" has to satisfy those needs, and talk about how the packages will save money and especially reference how having a package will mean one bill, and not three seperate bills if you have internet through one service, tv through another, and phone through another... etc... they ask if you had sales quotas at your previous position, what was a scenario where you had to flip a client who was unhappy with a sale... etc oh, btw, twelve bucks an hour for six months of training, we'll see if i make it through it, i hope so...

Account Executive II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a scheduled interview with a hiring manager. I understand, that they may be held up at another meeting, but to wait more than 30 minutes, made me feel like crap. Total disrespect to the potential candidate. It's like the manager comes out like this: "Your name?" no hello, how are you, how I can help...Nothing. Bad start. After going over some text book questions, which I felt went really good, she was trying to hand me over to another manager for a different position. I declined politely, since I had no intention to go through another round of interrogation. Never heard from TWC ever since. And that's after I have sent an immediate thank you note. Total ignorance. That's not what I would expect from such a big name out there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult client/sales and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a job fair with powerpoint presentation and then one on one preliminary interview during the job fair and more of the job was explained to you. After the fair there was an onsite interview with a supervisor

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to sell something in a non ideal situation   Answer Question

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tujunga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Tujunga, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, passed the assessment, a few days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. A few days later after the phone interview i was called for face - to face interview. Interview was good and questions were as usual.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (El Segundo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted relatively quickly. Had an initial phone screen with HR and then an hour-long phone interview with a director in the group I was interviewing for. Interview appeared to go well and I was told to expect to be invited to an in-person interview. Then everything got bogged down for weeks. Getting updates was next to impossible and after the positive phone interview, all I ended up with is an auto message that they were moving on. Very unprofessional and frustrating experience, kind of like dealing with Time Warner Cable customer service.

Business Account Executive I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Cerritos, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Did the online questionnaire/survey. About a week and half after got a phone call from a recruiter. She explained the position and possible pay. She asked if i had any outside sales experience. She scheduled an interview with the sales manager the following week. The interview was very laid back and casual. It was a one on one interview. The interviewer was responding to other work emails during the interview. I knew he liked me from my personality and motivation to sell and make money. My resume and award book speaks for my experience. I could tell he was indecisive about going forward with me or not so he went out of his office to get one of his other colleagues to ask me a couple questions. They were fair with me and told me straight up that they had to pass on me. I appreciated that. They gave me their personal numbers and told me to call them in a year. They wanted to hire someone who had more experience then I did. That knew the ins and out of how all the wiring is done with each product being offered. I didn't know any of that.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think our competitors are?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview, in person supervisor, in person manager. Once completed, recruiter contacted me with offer. Cooumication process regarding on boarding and next steps, especially from new supervisor, was very confusing and very last minute.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? What prior sales experience. Challenges with customers.   1 Answer