Time Warner Cable

www.timewarnercable.com

Time Warner Cable Technical Support Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two behavioral based interviews. Have very little to do with knowledge or past work experience.

Interview Question – What is TCP/IP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

El Paso, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in May 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call after submitting my resume online to set up an interview. I was interviewed with someone else and it was just you standard questions. A lot of scenario type questions too. What would you do if a customer called in and was irate?

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating just hourly pay.

El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Last for 2 hours so be prepared to stay the entire two hours , and sound confident too , Managers very detailed about position, will have to wait a week before u know if you have been accepted or not.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations attempted, Pay is decent for my area

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in December 2010.

Interview Details – First, need to be pre-screened based on expirience and other various factors; After such they will call you to undergo a series of interviews. 3 to be exact.

Interview Question – None that I can think off.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, not much room for negotiation on my part.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview Details – The process was very slow. I had to first fill out the application with the same data that was in my resume. I never understand why you have to submit a resume and fill out the application. All of the data is the same. I then waited about a week. Received an email to submit an assessment. Filled out the assessment. It was basically a personality test. I then was contacted by the recruiter to attend the face to face interview. The interviewer was unprepared and was conversing with random walk-ins while I was interviewing. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I was offered the position via phone from the recruiter. I declined due to having another offer from a different organization that seemed to function in a more professional manner.

Interview Question – Very generalized IT support questions. If you have an A+ certification our a Network+ cert you should be fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other opportunity with a company that was focused in an area of IT that I am more interested in developing my skills.

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2011.

Interview Details – Overall very good hiring process. It started by filling out an application online. I was followed up with a week or so later to take an online assessment. A couple of weeks later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview went like any other one and included a basic assessment for them to know how much they would need to train you for the job. A day or so later I was called and accepted my offer.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase for this interview as it would not warrant negotiation of wage. I am a line level representative, I knew I had a wage in mind and the surpassed what I was expecting so I accepted.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied Online, then you have to take a personality/skills test to see if you match with that position. Once you past that, a representative will call you and then give you a phone interview and ask about your past experiences from your job. Once they get all that, then they will schedule you a interview with the Supervisor.
The person that interviewed me was wearing jeans, a time-warner t-shirt, and a baseball cap. Basically just asked job-type scenarios and how you would do in those situations. Also, the supervisor asked me "if someone over the phone asked you how to make popcorn, what would you say?" Remember, you are explaining something to someone that has no idea what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• If someone asked you how to make popcorn what would you say?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer told you that he doesn't want to speak to you and just wants to speak to the Supervisor?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better position with better hours and a bit more pay.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2010.

Interview Details – Great! It was fair and balanced.

Interview Question – I dont' remember   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offer and you accept or deny, that's it.

Technical Support Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in February 2010.

Interview Details – As a CSR (Customer Service Representative) there was a call for applications to become a TSR (Technical Support Representative). I replied to the email with my updated resume, and a few weeks later was called to take a 2 hour knowledge test of the Time Warner Cable system and troubleshooting. Another few weeks, and there was a second interview which included a practical, hands on examination of troubleshooting ability. The 2nd test included fixing a cable system in person, and then blindly talking someone else through fixing the system. When talking the other person through, he acted as an ignorant, deliberately hostile customer.

Interview Questions

• Talk a deliberately ignorant and hostile customer through fixing his cable system. He has no sound.   View Answer
  • Program a remote control that you have never seen before to the television in the room. You are provided the manual.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was mostly one way. They offered the position, and declared what the pay would be, and I had the option to accept or decline. Since the pay is clearly better than the CSR position, it was pretty simple for me to accept.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!