Time Warner Cable

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tier III Tech Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

they asked many questions about tech expertise not something you can fake you either have it or you don't. I got referred by a friend who got in at a time when they were less specific in what they were looking for. Now unless you have the right experience you likely will not get an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garfield Heights, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garfield Heights, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in November 2012.

One interview, short knowledge exam, very easy questions if you know anything about computers. Anyone can get this position if they know how to operate a computer and how to do a little bit of trouble shooting. The issues faced in day to day work are no harder than the what is trained. Get ready for a couple technical questions. Look up basic coax cable sizes and the what type of cable an ethernet is. or better yet it is an rj-45 cable as this will be on the test given during the interview. Brush up on networking knowledge and you should be just fine.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just have an answer ready to show how you would bring value to the position. There is an extensive training process to teach employees advanced technical troubleshooting.   View Answer
    No negotiation I was just told what I would be making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2012.

There is an on-boarding process that weeds out non-technical folks. Next, you will have a phone interview with a recruiter/HR rep. If that goes well, you will be brought in for an in-person interview with one of the managers in the department. Sometime in this process, you will complete a drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • If you are a little rusty on technical terms, brush up a bit before the interview. Best honest and be yourself!   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate as I was fine with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in September 2010.

The interview process started with a call from HR at the regional office in Albany. I was asked a series of general queistions about who I was, what my past experience was, when I could start and if I was willing to submit to a drug test.

After answering these questions an one on one interview was scheduled with a tier 3 supervisor. Duing this interview I was asked basic networking questions. Asked how I would handle an irate customer, is there any time where it is ok to violate policy and other questions of that nature.

All in all it was a fair and reasonable interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I appeard to be a good fit and that I would hear back with an offer from regional HR. I received that call a day later, accepted a position and started work within two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • In what scenarios to you feel that it is alright to violate company policy?   Answer Question
    There was nothing to negoiate at this level. Here is what we're offering, do you want the job.

Tier III Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2010.

The testing process is too relaxed this results in less experienced employees and low overhead for staffing this role. Most who show interest and moderate capability with a PC will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions are related to classic interview questions. I.E; "Describe a difficult situation you faced at work or with a customer and what you did."   Answer Question
    Be confident in your answers and project capability, when asked if you have questions answer " Yes" and use this time to politely build rapport and a positive emotional connection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2008.

I applied online and called the recruiter to follow up on my application. After following up they began a background check, which included all schooling (high school and college). When the background check was complete I had an in person interview with the recruiter, manager and two supervisors, this was followed by a drug test.

Tier III Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Time Warner Cable in April 2011.

Applied online. Got a call from an in-house recruiter 4 weeks after. Breezed through that. Got scheduled 3 days out for the in person interview with recruiter on phone. First in-house interview was a panel of 2. About 15 technical questions like you find in A+ or basic Network+ exam. Got about 3 wrong. Just told them i couldn't remember the exact answers but know how to research solutions. A supervisor then came in for a 1 on 1. He asked behavioral questions and some technical questions that require detailed answers, like describe the process of pulling up a web page using the OSI Model, and how would you troubleshoot slow Internet connection with an XBOX360. Just basic tech questions. The place is cool, relaxed work place. They dress business casual. Got called for the offer before i got to my car in the parking lot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was locating a packet travelling around the globe with the time stamp of different region in an SMTP header string. It seems some of their questions are such to knock you off. If you have much stuff on your resume; beware. I figured it out, but later got to know it wasn't part of the interview.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable.