Time Warner Cable Tier III Technical Support Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tier III Technical Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

Contacted by recruiter who had seen my resume. Scheduled a phone interview via email for later in the week. Scheduled a on-site visit and interview at conclusion of phone interview for the next week. Had a lengthy interview 2+ hours with 2 managers and received job offer later that day.

Interview Questions
  • the interview was no were near as hard as I expected and anyone with A+ or Network+ certifcaton or moderate IT knowledge should have any problems. Recomend familirazing with VoIP and basic trouble shooting command. Know Ping Tracert nslookup and other shell commands that can help identify problem areas.   View Answer
I actually had a little room for negotiation as two different departments where interested in me. I was able to get a 1.50 more per hour then the initial pay rate quoted to me at the beginning of the process. However pay is pretty much predetermined by position and what if any experience, certifications or education you have.

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Tier III Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Submitted an application online, shortly after I was sent an email to complete an online competency test. This test was straight forward, the first part was all behavioral questions. The second portion was fielding mock calls from customers and navigating a software program looking up their account information and company policies. About two weeks after I completed the test I received a call from a recruiter who conducted a brief phone interview which consisted of the usual questions-tell me about how you dealt with a difficult customer in the past, as well as some basic technical questions. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview which took place the next day. The face to face interview was very similar to the phone interview-simple customer service questions and a little more advanced technical networking questions such as: how can you determine if a computer is online, what is TCP/IP, how does DNS, DHCP, SMTP etc. work. After I completed the interview with the supervisor he went to get the hiring manager who asked me a few questions regarding my resume and experience working with computers and networking. Two days later I received a call and was offered the job. One thing that the supervisor stressed was that they weren't necessarily looking for in depth technical knowledge, they were looking more for thought process, so if you have solid troubleshooting skills and know how to use resources you should have no problem.

Interview Questions
    • No question threw me off, there were very few behavioral based questions and I felt the technical questions were rather easy. The most in depth they got was asking about certain port numbers which were all very common.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they offered me more money than I was asking for.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!