Time Warner

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Question – Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was brought in through a senior executive at Time Warner to interview for this position. There was an initial phone interview and email screening before I was brought in to interview with 5 people. I met people at every level of the organization who were cordial. They asked about my experience but were also looking to see a culture fit.

Interview Question – Have you had any experience developing content for a state-of-the art building?   Answer Question

College Associate Program Interview

College Associate Program

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Digital Analytics Intern Interview

Digital Analytics Intern

Interviewed at Time Warner

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

Interview Question – Why this job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
West Pittsburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interview process plus 1 field day

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Direct Sales Representative (IH) Interview

Direct Sales Representative (IH)
College Park, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Time Warner in October 2013.

Interview Details – Probably the worst interview I have ever been on. The "recruiter" contacted me about a month after I had applied for a different position with the company. She emailed and called several times and explained to me that I had a good background for the job due to my previous alarm tech experience. I had to take 2 buses and a train over to College Park, Queens, and take off from my hourly paid job, for the interview.
   The interview was supposed to start at 1:30 pm. I got there at 1:00 pm and did not get interviewed until 3:30 pm. The "recruiter" had walked passed me and the other candidate at least a dozen times. We signed in, etc...
   The interview lasted 5 minutes and all they did was rudely explain to me how unqualified I was for the job.
  Why did they ask me in?

Interview Question – No difficult questions. It's a sales job for alarm systems. They don't care if you know anything about alarms.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Time Warner in January 2012.

Interview Details – Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions

• walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made

Time Warner College Associate Program Interview

Time Warner College Associate Program
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by an HR representative. She was very nice and informed me that the position I applied for was taken, but that my resume fit in well at another department. She subsequently asked if I was interested.

I said yes, so she then scheduled me for an interview. This interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and largely consisted of general questions about my resume. I didn't realize this, but the other candidates for the position were all in the LA area and had their interview in person. Though I didn't get offered the internship, I was contacted the next day from another HR rep from Warner Brothers Television.

This HR rep informed me that I was the second choice for the internship that I had just interviewed for, but that they had forwarded my name to her for a position she had. We scheduled an interview, but it got postponed by a week because the interviewer was busy. By this time, I had already found an internship somewhere else, so I decided that it wasn't worth my time.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five year?   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Senior Vendor Manager
Herndon, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2011.

Interview Details – The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Time Warner in April 2011.

Interview Details – It first started with a phone interview with HR, then they brought me in the following week to meet with a HR director, the hiring manager and the VP of the department. Questions were easy, smooth process and constant reinforcement that I was a solid candidate, at least for a 2nd interview. So after 4 months had passed and constant emails with HR saying the process is delayed, they found a candidate with no feedback. Terrible communication, poor management of interview process.

Interview Question – Really simple questions on experience and some scenario based questions on to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!