Time Warner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.7

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2010.

I found this position online and was excited because I had relevant magazine publishing experience. The HR person was very upbeat and positive. The scheduled an interview and when I got there I found that it was only more HR I was meeting with. The HR interview process was extensive. Thought it went well, next step was to meet with magazine business lead.

Interview Questions
    • Publishing questions as related to IT printing process   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions
    • Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in July 2010.

I was brought in through a senior executive at Time Warner to interview for this position. There was an initial phone interview and email screening before I was brought in to interview with 5 people. I met people at every level of the organization who were cordial. They asked about my experience but were also looking to see a culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience developing content for a state-of-the art building?   Answer Question

College Associate Program Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner.

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

Digital Analytics Intern Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Pittsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

3 interview process plus 1 field day

Direct Sales Representative (IH) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Time Warner in October 2013.

Probably the worst interview I have ever been on. The "recruiter" contacted me about a month after I had applied for a different position with the company. She emailed and called several times and explained to me that I had a good background for the job due to my previous alarm tech experience. I had to take 2 buses and a train over to College Park, Queens, and take off from my hourly paid job, for the interview.
       The interview was supposed to start at 1:30 pm. I got there at 1:00 pm and did not get interviewed until 3:30 pm. The "recruiter" had walked passed me and the other candidate at least a dozen times. We signed in, etc...
       The interview lasted 5 minutes and all they did was rudely explain to me how unqualified I was for the job.
      Why did they ask me in?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It's a sales job for alarm systems. They don't care if you know anything about alarms.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Time Warner in January 2012.

Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
    Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
    How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
    Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
    Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
    Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
    What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions
    • walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   View Answer
    No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made

Time Warner College Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2011.

I was first contacted by an HR representative. She was very nice and informed me that the position I applied for was taken, but that my resume fit in well at another department. She subsequently asked if I was interested.

I said yes, so she then scheduled me for an interview. This interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and largely consisted of general questions about my resume. I didn't realize this, but the other candidates for the position were all in the LA area and had their interview in person. Though I didn't get offered the internship, I was contacted the next day from another HR rep from Warner Brothers Television.

This HR rep informed me that I was the second choice for the internship that I had just interviewed for, but that they had forwarded my name to her for a position she had. We scheduled an interview, but it got postponed by a week because the interviewer was busy. By this time, I had already found an internship somewhere else, so I decided that it wasn't worth my time.

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2011.

The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.

Interview Questions

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!