Time Warner

27 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very intense. They asked a lot of questions about how well I know the media and entertainment industry and how my past experience will assist with this job.

Interview Question – Industry questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

Interview Details – - Excel & VBA Test
- Aptitude Test
- Manager round
- Senior Manager round
- Client round

Interview Question – - Why do you want to join?
- Why did you leave?
- Statistics based questions?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in July 2009.

Interview Details – got a phone screen that lasted thirty minutes and did not hear back until ten days later, got a call from HR to set up in person which we did. met with hiring manager

Interview Question – why should we hire you when there are more qualified clients   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner.

Interview Details – The company is very cordial , the interview normally take a while as things are dependent on US managers. the hiring process was simple.
they keep you in the dark though for a long period of time so you need to keep other options open

Interview Question – I didnt find any, but thats for my role I wouldnt know about the others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company pays well, but a little negotiations wont hurt.

Manager Interview

Manager
West Pittsburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interview process plus 1 field day

Interview Question – Where do I see myself in 5 years   Answer Question

College Associate Program Interview

College Associate Program

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

IT Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2010.

Interview Details – I found this position online and was excited because I had relevant magazine publishing experience. The HR person was very upbeat and positive. The scheduled an interview and when I got there I found that it was only more HR I was meeting with. The HR interview process was extensive. Thought it went well, next step was to meet with magazine business lead.

Interview Question – Publishing questions as related to IT printing process   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in January 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the Creative Director and Interaction Design Director. Quite painless interview. I brought in my portfolio but they only looked at it a little bit. The most important thing, I felt, was a match of the personalities. Although, they also had a referal from the Creative Director at America Online, a part of Time Warner. They gave me a call later that day to say that I was hired and I started work a week later.

Interview Question – Why did I want the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate very little. It all goes through the HR department. In the end I was only able to negotiate 5k of pay a year.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in January 2009.

Interview Details – The people who interviewed me seemed very nice and interested but I was told later that the job was pulled. They also did not seem too sure what the position involved exactly, and were discussing with eachother some misunderstandings as to the exact nature of the job. I left feeling unsure as to what kind of position exactly I was applying for. When I followed up with a call I was told that the department had pulled the job.

Interview Question – If I remember correctly it was along the lines of "tell me a problem you encountered in your work and how you solved the problem"   View Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position as an internal candidate, and had worked closely with my interviewers in the past. The people that work in the company are intelligent, savvy, knowledgeable, and professional. The culture of the marketing department is young and trendy. I interviewed with 2 managers, and a senior manager. I have not yet heard back regarding the position, but it has only been one week. I would offer advice of being prepared for situational/behavioral questions. For example, if the magazine you were working on is thinking about increasing the price, how would you go about deciding on implementing the price increase?

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if you should increase the cover price of a particular magazine?   View Answer
  • Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time when you implemented a promotion, how did you research it and make the decision?   Answer Question

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!