Time Warner

Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in March 2009.

The interview was very intense. They asked a lot of questions about how well I know the media and entertainment industry and how my past experience will assist with this job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

- Excel & VBA Test
    - Aptitude Test
    - Manager round
    - Senior Manager round
    - Client round

Interview Questions
    • - Why do you want to join?
      - Why did you leave?
      - Statistics based questions?

View Answer
    None.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in July 2009.

got a phone screen that lasted thirty minutes and did not hear back until ten days later, got a call from HR to set up in person which we did. met with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • why should we hire you when there are more qualified clients   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner.

The company is very cordial , the interview normally take a while as things are dependent on US managers. the hiring process was simple.
    they keep you in the dark though for a long period of time so you need to keep other options open

Interview Questions
    • I didnt find any, but thats for my role I wouldnt know about the others.   Answer Question
    Company pays well, but a little negotiations wont hurt.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

3 interview process plus 1 field day

College Associate Program Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner.

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner in June 2010.

I found this position online and was excited because I had relevant magazine publishing experience. The HR person was very upbeat and positive. The scheduled an interview and when I got there I found that it was only more HR I was meeting with. The HR interview process was extensive. Thought it went well, next step was to meet with magazine business lead.

Interview Questions
    • Publishing questions as related to IT printing process   Answer Question

TWCAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in March 2014.

I applied through the TW website - process took about a month

As far as the intern hiring process goes, it's a two step process. If you are selected, initial contact is made by an HR Rep through email to set up interview.

First Interview: Is a 30 min phone interview. Behavioral for the most part. Walk me through your resume, leadership activities, any prior work experiences.

Why you want to work in media? Why Time Warner? They're just trying to get a gauge of you as a person and whether you're the right fit for the company.

Second Interview: Also a 30 min phone interview with the department hiring manager. Behavioral for the most part, but can get technical depending on experience and department you're applying for.

So there you have it....two rounds of behavioral phone interviews 30mins a piece.

Interview Questions
    • Just standard behavioral questions...nothing too difficult per se.

All I will say is, know yourself and your resume. If you try to lie or fabricate something they'll see right through it. Just be yourself and if you can make your personality stand out, you should be good. Media companies look to hire fun interesting people who they can work with for 8-10 hours a day.

Answer Question
    They offered me more than I thought I would get...so no need to negotiate.

But its still a set salary...so take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2012.

Was called by company HR and There were 5 rounds namely:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Written Test
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview
    5. Stakeholders Interview

It was a simple procedure. Mostly all the rounds were conducted on first day except the stakeholders interview. It took about 10 days to get some time off their calendar.

No negotiations were made, I got the salary I asked for.

Interaction Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in January 2008.

Met with the Creative Director and Interaction Design Director. Quite painless interview. I brought in my portfolio but they only looked at it a little bit. The most important thing, I felt, was a match of the personalities. Although, they also had a referal from the Creative Director at America Online, a part of Time Warner. They gave me a call later that day to say that I was hired and I started work a week later.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate very little. It all goes through the HR department. In the end I was only able to negotiate 5k of pay a year.