Time Warner

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.7

Digital Analytics Intern Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in July 2010.

I was brought in through a senior executive at Time Warner to interview for this position. There was an initial phone interview and email screening before I was brought in to interview with 5 people. I met people at every level of the organization who were cordial. They asked about my experience but were also looking to see a culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience developing content for a state-of-the art building?   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative (IH) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner in October 2013.

Probably the worst interview I have ever been on. The "recruiter" contacted me about a month after I had applied for a different position with the company. She emailed and called several times and explained to me that I had a good background for the job due to my previous alarm tech experience. I had to take 2 buses and a train over to College Park, Queens, and take off from my hourly paid job, for the interview.
       The interview was supposed to start at 1:30 pm. I got there at 1:00 pm and did not get interviewed until 3:30 pm. The "recruiter" had walked passed me and the other candidate at least a dozen times. We signed in, etc...
       The interview lasted 5 minutes and all they did was rudely explain to me how unqualified I was for the job.
      Why did they ask me in?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It's a sales job for alarm systems. They don't care if you know anything about alarms.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2011.

I had a phone interview and questionaire. The interview was easy.I met with 5 people asking me personality questions then they made the decision to hire me..Took a drug test and background screen.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in January 2010.

Reception of the people was good. However, they were lacking the clear directions for what to do. Phone Interview was not aligned with the time confirmed and it was not appropriate from the privacy and personal questions. Overall one to one interview went okay again time alignment was problem.

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2011.

The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.

Time Warner College Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Time Warner in June 2011.

I was first contacted by an HR representative. She was very nice and informed me that the position I applied for was taken, but that my resume fit in well at another department. She subsequently asked if I was interested.

I said yes, so she then scheduled me for an interview. This interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and largely consisted of general questions about my resume. I didn't realize this, but the other candidates for the position were all in the LA area and had their interview in person. Though I didn't get offered the internship, I was contacted the next day from another HR rep from Warner Brothers Television.

This HR rep informed me that I was the second choice for the internship that I had just interviewed for, but that they had forwarded my name to her for a position she had. We scheduled an interview, but it got postponed by a week because the interviewer was busy. By this time, I had already found an internship somewhere else, so I decided that it wasn't worth my time.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time Warner in February 2010.

I was called in the evening and they wanted to fix a phone interview. The guy first didn't even tell me where is he calling from (I had to ask him later). So we fixed a date.
    That day he called me late by 15-20 mins from the fixed time and then we talked for about 15 mins about my education and projects. The guy was good to talk with and it went well. He told me that he will call me back on Monday to let me know about acceptance/ reject.

I kept on waiting and he never called on Monday. Its been more then 10 days now and I still didn't hear anything from them. I have acknowledged it as reject however they should at least call me back to let me know. Or even email me. The guy didn't even email me regarding interview and I have no way to call them back. I tried calling back on the number he called me from however the system says "Number doesn't exist"!!

Overall, it wasn't a nice experience.

Vice President, Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner in May 2010.

Interview was for a new, strategic position in Atlanta, GA. The internal recruiter was more focussed on my willingness to relocate (away from the tri-state area,) than on the fit for the position. Although follow up was indicated, the recruiter did not respond to calls or emails and no resolution (other than silence,) was made.

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions
    • Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question