Time Warner

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2012.

Was called by company HR and There were 5 rounds namely:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Written Test
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview
    5. Stakeholders Interview

It was a simple procedure. Mostly all the rounds were conducted on first day except the stakeholders interview. It took about 10 days to get some time off their calendar.

No negotiations were made, I got the salary I asked for.

TWCAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in March 2014.

I applied through the TW website - process took about a month

As far as the intern hiring process goes, it's a two step process. If you are selected, initial contact is made by an HR Rep through email to set up interview.

First Interview: Is a 30 min phone interview. Behavioral for the most part. Walk me through your resume, leadership activities, any prior work experiences.

Why you want to work in media? Why Time Warner? They're just trying to get a gauge of you as a person and whether you're the right fit for the company.

Second Interview: Also a 30 min phone interview with the department hiring manager. Behavioral for the most part, but can get technical depending on experience and department you're applying for.

So there you have it....two rounds of behavioral phone interviews 30mins a piece.

Interview Questions
    • Just standard behavioral questions...nothing too difficult per se.

All I will say is, know yourself and your resume. If you try to lie or fabricate something they'll see right through it. Just be yourself and if you can make your personality stand out, you should be good. Media companies look to hire fun interesting people who they can work with for 8-10 hours a day.

Answer Question
    They offered me more than I thought I would get...so no need to negotiate.

But its still a set salary...so take it or leave it.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner in June 2010.

I found this position online and was excited because I had relevant magazine publishing experience. The HR person was very upbeat and positive. The scheduled an interview and when I got there I found that it was only more HR I was meeting with. The HR interview process was extensive. Thought it went well, next step was to meet with magazine business lead.

Interview Questions
    • Publishing questions as related to IT printing process   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions
    • Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in July 2010.

I was brought in through a senior executive at Time Warner to interview for this position. There was an initial phone interview and email screening before I was brought in to interview with 5 people. I met people at every level of the organization who were cordial. They asked about my experience but were also looking to see a culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience developing content for a state-of-the art building?   Answer Question

College Associate Program Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner.

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

Digital Analytics Intern Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

3 interview process plus 1 field day

Direct Sales Representative (IH) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner in October 2013.

Probably the worst interview I have ever been on. The "recruiter" contacted me about a month after I had applied for a different position with the company. She emailed and called several times and explained to me that I had a good background for the job due to my previous alarm tech experience. I had to take 2 buses and a train over to College Park, Queens, and take off from my hourly paid job, for the interview.
       The interview was supposed to start at 1:30 pm. I got there at 1:00 pm and did not get interviewed until 3:30 pm. The "recruiter" had walked passed me and the other candidate at least a dozen times. We signed in, etc...
       The interview lasted 5 minutes and all they did was rudely explain to me how unqualified I was for the job.
      Why did they ask me in?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It's a sales job for alarm systems. They don't care if you know anything about alarms.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

- Excel & VBA Test
    - Aptitude Test
    - Manager round
    - Senior Manager round
    - Client round

Interview Questions
    • - Why do you want to join?
      - Why did you leave?
      - Statistics based questions?

View Answer