Time Warner

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Greensboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2011.

Interview Details – Met with HR , then supervisor then Manger, then offer

Interview Question – what does DNS stand for and what does it do   View Answers (2)

Production Intern Interview

Production Intern
New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Time Warner in April 2009.

Interview Details – It was very easy to work with the recruiting coordinator to set up an initial interview after that was offered. He was very friendly but asked very specific questions about my ability to do the job. He also referenced some work by a professor that had written me a recommendation. A week or two later I heard back and was asked to set up a phone interview with the two people who would supervise me detailing the more specific functions of the job and how I would react to them. They also asked the namers of three additional references they could call. About a week later I received an offer.

Interview Question – At times we produce special feature issues which provide a detailed look at a topic that we believe would be of interest to our customers. For instance, a magazine devoted to Harry Potter. What topic would you consider using for one of these and how would you market it? To whom? Why?   Answer Question

Vice President, Mobile Interview

Vice President, Mobile
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Time Warner in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was for a new, strategic position in Atlanta, GA. The internal recruiter was more focussed on my willingness to relocate (away from the tri-state area,) than on the fit for the position. Although follow up was indicated, the recruiter did not respond to calls or emails and no resolution (other than silence,) was made.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a position as an internal candidate, and had worked closely with my interviewers in the past. The people that work in the company are intelligent, savvy, knowledgeable, and professional. The culture of the marketing department is young and trendy. I interviewed with 2 managers, and a senior manager. I have not yet heard back regarding the position, but it has only been one week. I would offer advice of being prepared for situational/behavioral questions. For example, if the magazine you were working on is thinking about increasing the price, how would you go about deciding on implementing the price increase?

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if you should increase the cover price of a particular magazine?   View Answer
  • Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time when you implemented a promotion, how did you research it and make the decision?   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Director of Business Development
New York, NY

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in January 2010.

Interview Details – Reception of the people was good. However, they were lacking the clear directions for what to do. Phone Interview was not aligned with the time confirmed and it was not appropriate from the privacy and personal questions. Overall one to one interview went okay again time alignment was problem.

Interview Question – Why you are working in US now.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in January 2009.

Interview Details – The people who interviewed me seemed very nice and interested but I was told later that the job was pulled. They also did not seem too sure what the position involved exactly, and were discussing with eachother some misunderstandings as to the exact nature of the job. I left feeling unsure as to what kind of position exactly I was applying for. When I followed up with a call I was told that the department had pulled the job.

Interview Question – If I remember correctly it was along the lines of "tell me a problem you encountered in your work and how you solved the problem"   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Burbank, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Time Warner in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in the evening and they wanted to fix a phone interview. The guy first didn't even tell me where is he calling from (I had to ask him later). So we fixed a date.
That day he called me late by 15-20 mins from the fixed time and then we talked for about 15 mins about my education and projects. The guy was good to talk with and it went well. He told me that he will call me back on Monday to let me know about acceptance/ reject.

I kept on waiting and he never called on Monday. Its been more then 10 days now and I still didn't hear anything from them. I have acknowledged it as reject however they should at least call me back to let me know. Or even email me. The guy didn't even email me regarding interview and I have no way to call them back. I tried calling back on the number he called me from however the system says "Number doesn't exist"!!

Overall, it wasn't a nice experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very intense. They asked a lot of questions about how well I know the media and entertainment industry and how my past experience will assist with this job.

Interview Question – Industry questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Time Warner in September 2010.

Interview Details – - Excel & VBA Test
- Aptitude Test
- Manager round
- Senior Manager round
- Client round

Interview Question – - Why do you want to join?
- Why did you leave?
- Statistics based questions?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Time Warner.

Interview Details – The company is very cordial , the interview normally take a while as things are dependent on US managers. the hiring process was simple.
they keep you in the dark though for a long period of time so you need to keep other options open

Interview Question – I didnt find any, but thats for my role I wouldnt know about the others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company pays well, but a little negotiations wont hurt.