Timken

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Canton, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Timken in April 2010.

Interview Details – They use a set of canned questions and a panel grades you on your response. Like "tell me about a time when you made a mistake at your previous employer, what did you do to fix it?", or "tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker, what steps did you take to get them to leave you alone?". The BEST scores are generally for presenting your answer in a logical way. Presentation can weigh more than content. They are more impressed with your speaking skills than your actual answers.
The average worker is a 50+ white male, born within 20 miles of Canton Ohio, willing to work 50 hours a week forever (theres not much to do in Canton anyway).
This company has WAAAAY too many meetings. I probably averaged 24 hours of meetings per week, including some 8 hour staight ones. Upper management has nothing to do all day, so they schedule meetings to look like they are busy.

Interview Question – Tell me about something you did that was wrong, and then how did you fix it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – first a phone interview
second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!