Timken Analyst Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Interview

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Timken

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

They use a set of canned questions and a panel grades you on your response. Like "tell me about a time when you made a mistake at your previous employer, what did you do to fix it?", or "tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker, what steps did you take to get them to leave you alone?". The BEST scores are generally for presenting your answer in a logical way. Presentation can weigh more than content. They are more impressed with your speaking skills than your actual answers.
    The average worker is a 50+ white male, born within 20 miles of Canton Ohio, willing to work 50 hours a week forever (theres not much to do in Canton anyway).
    This company has WAAAAY too many meetings. I probably averaged 24 hours of meetings per week, including some 8 hour staight ones. Upper management has nothing to do all day, so they schedule meetings to look like they are busy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you did that was wrong, and then how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Timken.

Interview

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

Negotiation

take it or leave it