Timken Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken (Houston, TX).

Interview

Discussion about past experience and future goals. What attributes can you bring to the company and or skills that you could provide. Team orientation is a key quality to have and the ability to communicate is essential.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Great interview process. Met with recruiter with subsequent interview with a hiring manager. Process was easy and well constructed. Felt like they really wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in February 2015.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters for about 15 minutes at the career fair, the inital questions were based on my personal interests and less on the company as a whole. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was one on one. Very laid back and comfortable interview process with basic questions. Questions were geared toward my personality, background, and interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make. How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process started with a short phone interview with a recruiter in the HR Dept. followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final step in the process was an on-site interview with various managers and directors in the Finance Dept. The HR recruiter sent a follow-up e-mail after the on-site interview and said they would provide feedback within a week but I never heard another word from them. I thought this was very unprofessional given the amount of time that I had spent talking to them. If it was not the right fit, they should have at least thanked me for my time. If they treat candidates this way it makes me wonder how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Interview

Loved Timken! Felt like they took the time to actually get to know me and I was given plenty of opportunities to get to know the company. Amazing college recruitment program, felt at home. 3 interviews, 1 panel interview, dinner/lunch.

Interview Questions

Decided sales engineering wasn't for me

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in November 2014.

Interview

Saw the job posting on the internet, sent my resume and received an e-mail the next day, asking to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview with a recruiter and after about 15 minutes, he asked when I would be available for a face-to-face. I got back to him the next day with my availability and two days later I was meeting with the hiring manager. The interview process consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, panel interview and then 1:1 with a senior sales engineer. I received an e-mail from recruiter the next day, asking for my thought and whether I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I received a phone call apologizing for the delay and letting me know I would be receiving an offer. The offer letter came via e-mail along with information on benefits. Once I accepted the offer I had to submit information for a background check through HireRight, and after three days I was contacted by US Health Works to set-up my physical and drug screen (I think they waited for background results before scheduling physical). Went for the medical stuff; hair sample, vision check, hearing check, urine sample and physical.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected - very conversational with a few tell me about a time when questions; a time when you thought outside the box, a time when you made a process more efficient.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After reading the interview reviews on here, indicating there is no negotiating and upon receiving a very competitive offer, I accepted w/o negotiation.

Quality Interview

Interview

I hired right out of college. Be prepared to research the company and what tapered roller bearings are all about. Went to their Gaffney, SC plant and met with the management team. They prefer individual interviews one at a time vs panel approach.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Timken.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The day before the on-site interview there was a networking dinner. The candidates stayed in a hotel overnight and then the next morning went to the facility. The day consisted of 3 one on one, a panel interview, a case study and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is something you need to work on as a leader?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process takes place over two days. The first day they will give a tour of the Canton, OH area and then provide dinner at a restaurant with managers and team leaders to ask some questions before the interviews. The second day is when the interviews take place. Interviews consist of 2 one-on-one interviews and a 3 person panel interview. They also provide a tour of their Faircrest steel plant

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to meet a deadline but something came up that may have forced you to miss that deadline   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

Interview

I talked to Timken's HR during campus career fair. The trick to get their interview is doing company research. As long as you knows what this company is working on and what their products are. You are probably gonna be scheduled an interview immediately.

Interview Questions

• there is no tricky question for the first round interview. they are all general behavior questions   Answer Question