Timken Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.9

Associate Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in July 2014.

Interview

Panel interview for associate librarian. I applied on-line and was contacted by phone for phone interview within two weeks. This position was created when Timken Steel split from Timken. After the phone interview, I was called in for a panel interview.

Program Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

The hiring process is initiated by HR reprentative by informing the candidate about getting shortlisted for job position and confirming the date of interview. Interview process may be divided in two or three phases depending on job position. There will be Technical, HR and Manager rounds which can happen in a single/multiple day. Technical rounds are very important. Depending on the performance in this round the candidate will be called for other rounds. In Techical round candidate should try to be as precise as possible.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a manager who can be very demanding?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Timken in October 2010.

Interview

Timken treats you well. Hotel, flight, food, etc is all done for you. Thursday night had a social to meet and greet Timken employees. Mostly people trying to make an impression on people who might be interviewing you. Interview consisted of 2 1:1 and 1 panel. First 1:1 was good. Interviewer was nice and engaged. Second Interviewer was terrible. Sarcastic, didn't really lead the interview, didn't really answer any of my questions, simply one word answers. Panel interview was ok. By then, pretty burnt out. Two members of the panel were good, last guy seemed disinterested, apathetic. Questions focused on relevant experience, course work, etc. Didn't ask too many behavioral questions. Finished with a plant tour and a tour of their technology facility. Overall, good experience. Interview process was difficult only because the two interviewers mentioned seemed disinterested, condescending, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a group member was not pulling his/her weight. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What relevant experiences do you have in process improvement?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Night before featured a dinner meet and greet. Following day consisted of two one on one interviews and one four person panel interview with generic questions. Followed by a Plant Tour. Overalll a good experience but seem to prefer people from the area.

Interview Questions

• What was a leadership position held where motivation was need to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

Applied through their job board

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

First round interview was 1:1 with an HR representative with behavioral questions. Final round consisted of 3, 1:1 interviews with Timken employees that are spread throughout different divisions as well as the head of the OLDP Process. A panel interview as well as a case study/presentation was also conducted.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is your biggest flaw and how has it affected a project?   Answer Question

Program Member - SAP Basis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

When any technical questions are asked please answer to the point and don't go on beating around the bush.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate if only if required.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

I had three rounds of technical interview and two rounds of HR interview. The three technical round of interviews were conducted back to back. The interview was tough and was based only on the basic of engineering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. The offer made was final.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH).

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews, the first two via telephone, and the final on site. The first was with an in-house recruiter who reviewed basic credentials and level of interest in the company. The second phone interview was with the Manager, and consisted of behavioral questions plus a review of prior work experience. The on site interviews consisted of three 1:1s plus a panel interview with three departmental managers. All four of these in-person interviews were heavily behavioral. Nearly all questions started with "tell us about a time when..." This included a time when...you had to change someone's opinion...you disagreed with your boss...you had confidential information...you were proud of a specific accomplishment. They very much were looking for a three part answer: description of a situation, the actions taken, followed by comments on the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to change someone else's opinion.   Answer Question
    • Second phone interview included the standard "Tell me about yourself" and "What are your strengths?" plus "Tell me about one of your weaknesses."   Answer Question