Timken

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – It was a half hour one on one interview. The interviewer began by asking me about my resume. He then asked me a few behavioral questions. He then explained the position and a lot about the company. Then he asked me if I had any further questions about the company/job. I heard back from them in about a week for a second interview.

Interview Question – Q: Have you ever made a decision that other disagreed with and how did you handle that situation?
Q: How do you handle being stressed out and overwhelmed?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not interested in sales

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – Telephone interview -- 30 minutes in length

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews via phone, then one in person.

Interview Question – If there was anything that I needed improvement on, what would it be?   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details – In person interview with HR repersentive and individual I would be reporting to. Very generic questions about my past. Given a shop tour. Pretty painless. Only took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – How have you failed in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotion was allowed and only given 48 hours to accept

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

Interview Details – Phone, then panel of three, then hiring manager

Interview Question – Tell us about a project you contributed to significantly that failed?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

SBA - Steel Business Associate
Canton, OH

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details – Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – 1st round telephonic and 2nd round face to face.

Interview Question – Everything was easy :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Timken in September 2013.

Interview Details – the hr guy asked me about why i'm interested in this specific position, my strength and my weakness, give an example of your leadership ability and how do you define yourself and all questions are simple and not much pressure. the most difficult one may be describe the kind of role you want to play if you got enrolled by our company which I'm not really prepared to ask.

Interview Question – what kind of role do you expect to play later in our company, it's a little bit unexpected since I am not sure if I can get the offer and even though I do really want the job, I still need to think for a while to figure out want I'm going to say about the role I would like to play in the future   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

SBA - Steel Business Associate
Canton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in October 2013.

Interview Details – Timken paid to bring around 20 soon to be college graduates to Canton, Ohio where they had a social gathering where several company employees met with all the candidates. The interview process the next day began with a tour of the Harrison steel plant. There was little time to change into suits before two one on one interviews and one panel behavioral interview. Overall the process was very organized and well done.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision, the process involved and the results of that decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make standard offers to all Steel Business associates

Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!