Timken

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – phone interview took 45 minutes. general questions only.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

SBA - Steel Business Associate
Canton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in October 2013.

Interview Details – Timken paid to bring around 20 soon to be college graduates to Canton, Ohio where they had a social gathering where several company employees met with all the candidates. The interview process the next day began with a tour of the Harrison steel plant. There was little time to change into suits before two one on one interviews and one panel behavioral interview. Overall the process was very organized and well done.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision, the process involved and the results of that decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make standard offers to all Steel Business associates

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Timken in September 2013.

Interview Details – the hr guy asked me about why i'm interested in this specific position, my strength and my weakness, give an example of your leadership ability and how do you define yourself and all questions are simple and not much pressure. the most difficult one may be describe the kind of role you want to play if you got enrolled by our company which I'm not really prepared to ask.

Interview Question – what kind of role do you expect to play later in our company, it's a little bit unexpected since I am not sure if I can get the offer and even though I do really want the job, I still need to think for a while to figure out want I'm going to say about the role I would like to play in the future   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Timken in July 2013.

Interview Details – Disorganized process with poor communication. Luckily I knew where I was going because the directions were not very good

Interview Question – How is steel made   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and drawn out. Did not budge off initial offer

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details – In person interview with HR repersentive and individual I would be reporting to. Very generic questions about my past. Given a shop tour. Pretty painless. Only took about 2 hours.

Interview Question – How have you failed in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotion was allowed and only given 48 hours to accept

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Timken in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview after being in contacts. Lasted about 35 minutes and consisted of basic questions about work experience etc. I also asked a few questions such as where did you work before and why do you like Timken? Everything else was pretty standard.

Interview Question – Nothing too crazy. Asked about what I would do in a group situation where someone wasnt contributing   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at Timken

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews via phone, then one in person.

Interview Question – If there was anything that I needed improvement on, what would it be?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – Telephone interview -- 30 minutes in length

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Service Intern Interview

Customer Service Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – Fairly typical questions.   Answer Question

Materials Associate Interview

Materials Associate
Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Timken.

Interview Details – It was the typical behavioral interview.

Interview Question – How do you feel about your GPA?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Timken interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Timken employees and interview candidates.