Timken Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.8

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in October 2013.

Timken paid to bring around 20 soon to be college graduates to Canton, Ohio where they had a social gathering where several company employees met with all the candidates. The interview process the next day began with a tour of the Harrison steel plant. There was little time to change into suits before two one on one interviews and one panel behavioral interview. Overall the process was very organized and well done.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision, the process involved and the results of that decision.   Answer Question
    They make standard offers to all Steel Business associates

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Timken in October 2013.

Very straightforward and great. The staff we're beyond accommodating. I was interviewed on campus, several weeks later contacted and offered an onsite interview and trip to Akron, OH, the headquarters of Timken. I was formally offered a position a week after the onsite interview. The relocation, offer and salary were competitive, with great benefits.

Interview Questions
    • General processing and manufacturing knowledge of steel is always a benefit. Experiences from these scenarios are even better.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Timken in September 2013.

the hr guy asked me about why i'm interested in this specific position, my strength and my weakness, give an example of your leadership ability and how do you define yourself and all questions are simple and not much pressure. the most difficult one may be describe the kind of role you want to play if you got enrolled by our company which I'm not really prepared to ask.

Interview Questions
    • what kind of role do you expect to play later in our company, it's a little bit unexpected since I am not sure if I can get the offer and even though I do really want the job, I still need to think for a while to figure out want I'm going to say about the role I would like to play in the future   Answer Question
    not much to negotiate

Service Engineer Interview

In person interview with HR repersentive and individual I would be reporting to. Very generic questions about my past. Given a shop tour. Pretty painless. Only took about 2 hours.

No negotion was allowed and only given 48 hours to accept

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Timken in July 2013.

Disorganized process with poor communication. Luckily I knew where I was going because the directions were not very good

Interview Questions
    Long and drawn out. Did not budge off initial offer

Senior Analyst Interview

Had 2 interviews via phone, then one in person.

Interview Questions
    • If there was anything that I needed improvement on, what would it be?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Timken.

Telephone interview -- 30 minutes in length

Customer Service Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Timken.

Phone Interview

Materials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Timken.

It was the typical behavioral interview.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Interview was very standard. Applied through my school's career site and got a call a few weeks later asking to schedule an interview. They were the basic interview questions:

What do you know about the company?
    Name a time when....
    Why should we hire you?

I got hired on the spot and started after my drug and alcohol and background screening.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that are relevant to the position you are applying?   View Answer
    No negotiation, standard intern rate of pay.