Timken Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (University Park, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Came to my school career fair, was offered an interview the next day and told I would receive an answer in a few weeks

Interview Questions

• They were all straight-foward, very standard questions. Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Manager Business Economics & Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altavista, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Timken (Altavista, VA).

Interview

All applications handled through the Virginia Employment Commission. Testing was difficult but realistic. Interview was with a team of associates and managers and was quite extensive.

Interview Questions

• Asked about conflict resolution between two associates. How would I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone, then panel of three, then hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you contributed to significantly that failed?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH).

Interview

phone interview took 45 minutes. general questions only.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Timken (Ashland, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

I did an on campus interview and then went on to several rounds of phone interviews with panels of managers. I had to wait months from my initial interview until I got my offer. The process has since been streamlined since I interviewed in 2013. I honestly thought that I botched the interview since I was so nervous, so I was pleasantly surprised to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Strenghts/weaknesses. Elaborate on previous work experiences listed on resume. Typical interview questions with an easygoing feel.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken in November 2013.

Interview

In November, The Timken Company visited my college for on-campus interviews and I had a pleasant interview. Within one week, I advanced to second round interviews with 3 associates at Timken's headquarters. Shortly after, I was offered a summer internship. Overall, I had a positive experience with The Timken Company. Great company and great people!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in October 2013.

Interview

Very straightforward and great. The staff we're beyond accommodating. I was interviewed on campus, several weeks later contacted and offered an onsite interview and trip to Akron, OH, the headquarters of Timken. I was formally offered a position a week after the onsite interview. The relocation, offer and salary were competitive, with great benefits.

Interview Questions

• General processing and manufacturing knowledge of steel is always a benefit. Experiences from these scenarios are even better.   Answer Question

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Timken paid to bring around 20 soon to be college graduates to Canton, Ohio where they had a social gathering where several company employees met with all the candidates. The interview process the next day began with a tour of the Harrison steel plant. There was little time to change into suits before two one on one interviews and one panel behavioral interview. Overall the process was very organized and well done.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to make a difficult decision, the process involved and the results of that decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make standard offers to all Steel Business associates

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

the hr guy asked me about why i'm interested in this specific position, my strength and my weakness, give an example of your leadership ability and how do you define yourself and all questions are simple and not much pressure. the most difficult one may be describe the kind of role you want to play if you got enrolled by our company which I'm not really prepared to ask.

Interview Questions

• what kind of role do you expect to play later in our company, it's a little bit unexpected since I am not sure if I can get the offer and even though I do really want the job, I still need to think for a while to figure out want I'm going to say about the role I would like to play in the future   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much to negotiate