Timken Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

Materials Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Timken.

It was the typical behavioral interview.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Interview was very standard. Applied through my school's career site and got a call a few weeks later asking to schedule an interview. They were the basic interview questions:

What do you know about the company?
    Name a time when....
    Why should we hire you?

I got hired on the spot and started after my drug and alcohol and background screening.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that are relevant to the position you are applying?   View Answer
    No negotiation, standard intern rate of pay.

Manufacturing Operation Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Timken in March 2013.

I applied online. The very next day I was contacted by an HR rep to set up a phone interview time. I had the first phone interview and at the end was asked to set up another phone interview with the person who would be my boss. I had that interview 2 days later. A few hours after the interview I was called by the original HR rep and set up a third phone interview with another person in management. I had that interview the very next day. Again, a few hours after the interview I was contacted by the HR rep with a job offer.

3 Phone Interviews

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Timken?
      What do you know about the position?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell my about a leadership position you have been in.
      Tell me about how you would deal with a 'slacker' in a group you have worked in.
      Tell me what you do outside of school.
      Tell me why you decided to pursue engineering in school.
        Answer Question
    I was given the offer with all the details over the phone. Then I received an email with all the same things in writing. I was given a week to decide.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Timken in March 2013.

Phone interview after being in contacts. Lasted about 35 minutes and consisted of basic questions about work experience etc. I also asked a few questions such as where did you work before and why do you like Timken? Everything else was pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too crazy. Asked about what I would do in a group situation where someone wasnt contributing   Answer Question

Senior IT Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Timken in June 2012.

There was a short phone interview

There was no negotiation

Global Engineering Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Timken in April 2012.

Intern recruiter called me middle of the week to ask a couple screening questions (availability, checking information on resume etc.) The recruiter set up an phone interview for that Friday. Half hour interview on the phone with the hiring manager about my experience and asking me if I was interested in what he had in mind for the summer. Got a call back Monday from the recruiter to offer me a job. Since I was out of town they also offered a relocation bonus to live at the local university.

Interview Questions
    not very negotiable, they are VERY competitive plus offer the relocation bonus to cover living or to cover transportation for people outside of a 30 mile radius. There are also great intern activities and free lunches and you get a raise if you return the following year

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Timken in March 2012.

Sent my resume through a university website. Got a call from HR to set up a phone interview for the next day. Had one half hour preliminary interview with her and said she would let me know in 2-3 weeks if I got a second interview with a hiring manager. Got the call two days later and set up an interview for the next week. Another quick 20 minute interview with the hiring manager and got an offer two days later. Interview with HR was more difficult than the hiring manager, HR asked more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company?
      Future goals?
      When was a time that you worked in a group where one member wasn't participating as much, what did you do?
        Answer Question

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Timken in January 2012.

My experience with timken is, I would like to address the word "astonishing". It is not until you read my whole story will you realize why I use such word to describe my experience with Timken.

I received a phone call from HR scheduling a phone screening, like most companies. And I passed that phone interview easily. Actually I got the on-site invitation the second day after the phone interview.

The on-site visit experience is good overall. They invited you to a local restaurant for food the night before interview, some casual chatting is involved, which is nice. They also take care of your hotel and travel expense. The on-site interview consists of 3 1:1 interviews, 1 panel interview, a presentation and a plant-tour(which is irrelevant to interview process actually). I did horrible during the first round 1:1 interview as I was nervous, but I did well during the following events except for the presentation, which is sort of pain-taking because of the excessive materials. The plant tour is not that nice, because I actually have no interest in the manufacturing plants. After everything, they promised to get back to me within 1 week.

It is not until 2 weeks before I got a phone call indicating a positive response from HR, informing me that the Asia District Manager would like conducting a phone interview with me. During the phone interview, I did well, and the Indian Manager PROMISED to extend me a verbal offer, which thrills me.

BUT, 4 days later after the last step, I received an email from a auto-system address rejecting me for this opportunity. I got very confused because a verbal offer is already extended during the phone interview so I have no idea what is happening.

Maybe Timken just found some other good candidates after me? But anyway, this name now disgusts me and I feel like I am cheated about this after what I have been doing...

God makes me leave Timken, he must got his own reasons :) Hope this helps, to future candidates !

Interview Questions
    • Why choose Timken? Why do you wanna go back to China   View Answer

Operations & Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in November 2011.

First round interview was 1:1 with an HR representative with behavioral questions.
    Final round consisted of 3, 1:1 interviews with Timken employees that are spread throughout different divisions as well as the head of the OLDP Process. A panel interview as well as a case study/presentation was also conducted.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is your biggest flaw and how has it affected a project?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Timken in June 2011.

It takes a while after the initial interview, just like any other company, before they call you. Then, everything goes easy but they will check everything on you including your references, your background and your medical history plus the drug screen process. The whole thing will take about one week, and you'll need to keep communicating with them during the whole process, just in case they can't contact your ex-employers, or your references. They will find out if you lied in the application, but if everything checks out okay, you've got the job. Good Company.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding the particular job: Explain to me how you would accomplish this specific task and how long it would take me to finish?   View Answer