Timken

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Development Program Interview

Canton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Timken in January 2012.

Interview Details – My experience with timken is, I would like to address the word "astonishing". It is not until you read my whole story will you realize why I use such word to describe my experience with Timken.

I received a phone call from HR scheduling a phone screening, like most companies. And I passed that phone interview easily. Actually I got the on-site invitation the second day after the phone interview.

The on-site visit experience is good overall. They invited you to a local restaurant for food the night before interview, some casual chatting is involved, which is nice. They also take care of your hotel and travel expense. The on-site interview consists of 3 1:1 interviews, 1 panel interview, a presentation and a plant-tour(which is irrelevant to interview process actually). I did horrible during the first round 1:1 interview as I was nervous, but I did well during the following events except for the presentation, which is sort of pain-taking because of the excessive materials. The plant tour is not that nice, because I actually have no interest in the manufacturing plants. After everything, they promised to get back to me within 1 week.

It is not until 2 weeks before I got a phone call indicating a positive response from HR, informing me that the Asia District Manager would like conducting a phone interview with me. During the phone interview, I did well, and the Indian Manager PROMISED to extend me a verbal offer, which thrills me.

BUT, 4 days later after the last step, I received an email from a auto-system address rejecting me for this opportunity. I got very confused because a verbal offer is already extended during the phone interview so I have no idea what is happening.

Maybe Timken just found some other good candidates after me? But anyway, this name now disgusts me and I feel like I am cheated about this after what I have been doing...

God makes me leave Timken, he must got his own reasons :) Hope this helps, to future candidates !

Interview Question – Why choose Timken? Why do you wanna go back to China   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Timken

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Timken Operations Development Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Timken employees and interview candidates.