Timken Operations Development Program Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Operations Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Timken in January 2012.

My experience with timken is, I would like to address the word "astonishing". It is not until you read my whole story will you realize why I use such word to describe my experience with Timken.

I received a phone call from HR scheduling a phone screening, like most companies. And I passed that phone interview easily. Actually I got the on-site invitation the second day after the phone interview.

The on-site visit experience is good overall. They invited you to a local restaurant for food the night before interview, some casual chatting is involved, which is nice. They also take care of your hotel and travel expense. The on-site interview consists of 3 1:1 interviews, 1 panel interview, a presentation and a plant-tour(which is irrelevant to interview process actually). I did horrible during the first round 1:1 interview as I was nervous, but I did well during the following events except for the presentation, which is sort of pain-taking because of the excessive materials. The plant tour is not that nice, because I actually have no interest in the manufacturing plants. After everything, they promised to get back to me within 1 week.

It is not until 2 weeks before I got a phone call indicating a positive response from HR, informing me that the Asia District Manager would like conducting a phone interview with me. During the phone interview, I did well, and the Indian Manager PROMISED to extend me a verbal offer, which thrills me.

BUT, 4 days later after the last step, I received an email from a auto-system address rejecting me for this opportunity. I got very confused because a verbal offer is already extended during the phone interview so I have no idea what is happening.

Maybe Timken just found some other good candidates after me? But anyway, this name now disgusts me and I feel like I am cheated about this after what I have been doing...

God makes me leave Timken, he must got his own reasons :) Hope this helps, to future candidates !

Interview Questions
  • Why choose Timken? Why do you wanna go back to China   View Answer

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!