1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TinyCo (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

I was in remote location so they took : 3 phone screening interviews-> Phone Screens are usually standard questions and the coding assignments on the phone were very basic. all they want to access is whether a person knows how to code or not. On site Interview, One on one with senior software engineer. I was asked to write c++ code for a problem. Gave me two hours. I could nto finish programming the entire solution. After 2 hours the interviewer went through the unfinished code i had. He seemed ok with the code and asked me why i made certain design choices in the classes. for the part which i could not complete he asked me my approach. That's it i was sent back. I dont know whether they had planned only one round or decided that its a waste of time continuing with the rest of the process. Verdict: Expectations are high. If you are fast coder and knows c++ well this will be the place for you. The only problem i have wihtt he process is that there is very huge gap in difficulty level of phone interviews and onsite interview. This is all my experience others can have different experiences.

Interview Questions