Tishman Speyer Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tishman Speyer

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Tishman Speyer.

it is weird that they still have outdated information from 2010 on their website within career section. No clear directions after application. Very negative experience without any communication or any feedback. If they are the company that people are talking about...I would expect them to be good at getting back and giving feedback and updating appropriate information on their website. If you are not hiring stop putting fake information on your website. I have tried several times for the past 2 years. No response. This time I go through an internal employee referral and that as well takes them so long. Very negative experience. TS is not on top of their game. No wonder employees have given it poor rating as a lousy and arrogant place to work at. Seems like they dont care.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tishman Speyer in October 2011.

Very detail oriented interview - The interviewer was taking meticulous notes but was easy to talk to. Asked very pointed questions and was looking for specifics.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an incident when you had a difficult conversation with a stakeholder.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tishman Speyer in April 2011.

Online application thru website. Company came back to me in due moment.

Interviews with senior/managing directors in the areas where I could potentially work.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions from each person depending on their specialty. Financial concepts, why you want to work in this field. Very interested in previous background, companies and college. They want people who fit with their "culture" if there is one. They seemed more interested in that than in anything else.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation... TS attitude is "you take or you leave it".

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tishman Speyer in January 2010.

Responded to ad with a phone call as requested, call returned within 4 days. Brief verbal interview, was called in for personal interview 2 days later. Hiring manager did not have much time, was a busy day. Had about 25 minutes with him and his manager. Was turned over to a lead engineer, shown the working area and further description of the job. Routine questions asked and answered.
     Left with a neutral feeling.
    Did not get a call back / or any communication at all. Somewhat disappointed, as the employer seemed like a class act.

Interview Questions
    • Was more interested with last 2 yrs of employment record.   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tishman Speyer in June 2010.

Phone call from internal recruiter. Recruiter phone screen, 1 day on site with hiring manager and peers. All went pretty quick, 3 weeks total. Very nice NYC offices @ Rock Center. Culture very hard to determine on visit but seemed very conservative. Formal dress required. Stark white offices. Very quiet hallways which translates accurately into what working there is like.

Interview Questions
    Very quick negotiations. Gave me what I asked to leave former employer. Ask for what you want as long as not outrageous.

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tishman Speyer in November 2008.

Everyone thinks they are important during the interview process, when you realise how useless each director is from one another. Stupid process, took way too long.

Interview Questions
    Yes, salary not worth the hours put in