Tokio Marine Management

Updated Nov 16, 2014

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tokio Marine Management

Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tokio Marine Management.

I picked up the interview thru a recruiter. It was a 2 person interview via phone started out well enough. The interviewer wanted a lot of deep dive technical detail, which I was ok with. The 2nd person joined the call and starting asking more about Project Management. It was the worst tag team interview I have ever been part of. The two were asking questions all over the board one wanted deep dive technical conversation, the other wanted to talk about something totally different (more high level topics and project management. I swear I didn't know if I was coming or going.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your Project Management methodology.   View Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

one phone call interview - supposed to be just the hiring manager turned out to be the whole department I would work with/for. flew me in for a one day interview, offer the next couple weeks and started a couple weeks after that

Very stiff on negotiations

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tokio Marine Management.

Initial phone interview was very standard. The onsite interview was absolutely brutal. Normally this is spread over two days but may be consolidated into one day. The entire focus is on technical skill. They spend very little time with behavioral type questions (e.g. "How do you get along with others?") and cut right to inquiring into what you know about actuarial work.

Interview Questions
    • Numerous technical questions, but a particular focus on knowledge related to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

At the time it didn't seem like the right move. The culture might have been a little rigid which worried me. It certainly seemed like interesting work and good experience if you are more inclined to the technical side of the profession.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tokio Marine Management in May 2013.

Simple basic interview questions about past experiences, your resume and if you understand what you're interviewing for. The company culture was a step down from business causal in the summer time especially and it was very relaxed, not a very high paced environment and everyone was great and got along with one another.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a group of people and you had to communicate effectively.   Answer Question

Credit Officer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Tokio Marine Management in September 2014.

It was a normal one-to-one conversation with the hiring manager. Basic questions like your personal background and education history will be asked in the interview. Also about course that you have taken in the university, whether you know and understand what you had learnt. As i applied for a post that dont relate much to what i studied in the university, i was asked if i really want to pursue my career in that field.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. The hiring manager wanted to know if you really look forward to the job. Need to have a really clear vision of what do you want and go for it.   Answer Question