Tokyo Electron America Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America.

Phone interview for screening and then an onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Onsite interview comprised of 5 one on ones and a lunch interview: Everyone was very friendly and mostly asked about the projects and research that I have done and knowledge about the company.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer IV Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America in May 2010.

Times have definitely changed since I interviewed. Very laid back at the time (1996). TEA was recruiting graduating students from my school. I had short phone interview, shortly after had an interview with my future supervisors. Second interview with the area manager. Area manger only mentioned my possible pay and benefits. No testing was required at the time, not many technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America.

I have not worked in the industry before this position and I was only 19 when I started here so I cannot truly judge if it was a good process or not but will do my best. In the beginning of the interview they asked basic questions to get to know me and then began asking technical questions. After some time of questions, they gave me a scenario to solve and I feel that is a good thing to do because it will show them if the candidate can think out problems to solve them.

Field Service Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America.

The hiring process is done through a contracting company called HireRight. They do perform a detailed background check verifying military experience, college degree and transcripts as well as contacting your references. They will also coordinate a drug screening prior to employment as well. There is a considerable amount of negotiation able to be done regarding compensation though.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewing process is usually done by the Field service supervisor, and/or the Engineer(s) in charge. There weren't any unexpected questions or anything that stuck out as being particularly difficult. They are really looking for people that are honest and committed who have a desire to learn.   Answer Question
    Never accept the first offer. They made a point that there has been a history of receiving bonuses on a semiannual basis based on company performance. My response was that the bonus was not a guarantee, and that I would not be able to accept without a competitive offer that was certain.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America.

After several emails with the recruiter, I received a onsite interview at their Austin office. It wasn't a long interview (only about two hours long). Almost all about technical. Questions are consisting of Ip network, SQL queries, and C programming. It was a 1:3 interview.

Interview Questions
    • C programming is on a laptop, so your code needs to be able to compile and run.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

The HR team contacted me first based on my application. They do a short phone interview to see if they would like to invite you in for an interview. Once done, I was instantly asked to come in within the following week. Interview was relatively friendly and semi-formal. Tends to be behavioral/problem solving focused. Open attitude with a desire to learn is definitely something that will help you out.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specific details regarding their technology/plasma processing which I did not have a very good answer for since plasma is really complex.   View Answers (3)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America in January 2013.

Phone and in person interviews. 2 people, direct supervisor and their supervisor. Questions were very straight-forward and they requested a portfolio of work.

Interview Questions
    • How did you overcome some adversity at your last position.   Answer Question
    N/A

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America in April 2011.

If a person is experienced the resume will show it. Questions in the interview has heavy emphasis on teamwork. Have a positive reason for joining TEL and not a negative reason for leaving current job.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers like to ask brain twisters and just want to know how a person reasons.   Answer Question
    If you feel they want you, ask for a little more money in a nice manner.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tokyo Electron America in January 2011.

Nice people. Interview lasted about an hour. Only negative was that it was 7 people all asking different questions. Was hard to figure out if it was a personality interview or technical interview. The panel consisted of the director level manager, two team lead/manager types and four co-worker level types.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic questions, which made the interview hard to read. Questions like, "Describe a problem at your current job that didn't turn out the way you wanted it to and how you reacted?"   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

You must go through NSTAR in order to be hired by Tokyo Electron America. You can go through a interview with Tokyo Electron managers, but all contract and salary negotiations will go through NSTAR, because you will start out as a contractor.

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions are subjective. Asking you about what problems you have faced in your previous job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Tokyo Electron America? Contribute to the Community!