Tokyo Electron Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tokyo Electron

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tokyo Electron in March 2011.

Had applied online for a process engineer position and got a call within 2 weeks for initial screening. After screening was invited for on-site interview. On-site consisted of 8 1:1 interviews on behavioral, technical questions. Offer is still in process.

Interview Questions
    Didnot negotiate since this was my first job after PhD.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tokyo Electron.

Submitted my profile to the job posted on the www.tel.com site. I was called for a phone screen to ensure I meet the minimum qualifications of the job. My in-person interview consisted of a 5 people in the panel. It was a organized process & efficient. The questions appeared to reflect back the the requirments of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a successful business partnership you have had in the past. How did you build and maintain the relationship?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you interfaced across multiple internal departments to ensure customer expectations are exceeded?   Answer Question
    The recruiter explained the compensation practice at TEL - I understood where my offer was compared to the current employees in similar roles. I felt it was a very fair offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yokohama, Kanagawa (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yokohama, Kanagawa (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tokyo Electron in September 2008.

1. Resume Filtering
    2. Personal Interview
         Background/ history questions
         Attitude Check
         Check for clear Vision and approach
         Language skills (English/ Japanese both)
         Discussions of profile and needs
         HR person talks etc.

# Sometimes they organize IQ/ Technical/ personality Tests.
    ## They ask for DRUG/ health certificates at the time of joining.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation were not there, they didn't consider any suggestion/ request, it seems like they have there hardcore rules.

But heard stories from the other guys, that they were able to get really good negotiations.
     So it depend on the HR personal and you :-(

Worked for Tokyo Electron? Contribute to the Community!