Toll Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Design Center Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toll Brothers.

I was called and asked to do a phone interview. The day before the interview I received another call canceling the interview. I was told they would call back to set up another day and time. I followed up and was told they decided not to fill this position at this time.

Mortgage Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toll Brothers in August 2014.

Received message on LinkedIn from Recruiter. Spoke to recruiter a few days later at a set date and time. Professional and actually knew something about the job (unlike other recruiters at other shops). Met with two managers. One person did all the talking and got right to the point with questions. Started 3 weeks later after references and criminal check.

No luck on moving the base. 36k

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toll Brothers.

Had a thirty minute phone call. Given great detail about the culture of the company and how the job works (i.e. You are your own mini 'division president'. Sounds very big on promoting from within.

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Toll Brothers in April 2014.

Phone interview with HR, interview with local management, interview with Marketing Director and CMO. Get ready for a video conference- the most awkward experience of my life. Prepare for delays, could you please repeat that question, and other technical difficulties.

Cart Attendant Interview

Ask the usual questions, okay with people, working outside, etc.

Smooth. "You have the job, we'll be in touch."

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Toll Brothers.

Process of interviewing took a very long time.

Training Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Toll Brothers in March 2014.

While everything was done professionally, and I had an enjoyable experience with those I interviewed with, I quickly came to see that there was no flexibility in what the company was offering, and that they had specific plans for this position which really wasn't going to have any wiggle room. You either fit in or you didn't.

Interview Questions
    • My most unexpected question was what would I do with an underperforming employee. It was not because it in itself was so out of place, but because I was asked it a few times. It provided me with an insight to what my first duty might be.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toll Brothers.

Interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions that were out of my job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toll Brothers in January 2014.

I received an email reply to my resume submission (no call), Since the ad did not specify salary or community size I emailed back with the question about salary range. No reply. I went for the in-person interview anyway if for no other reason it was good practice. I was asked to sit and complete a paper application (this could have been sent to me to complete and bring with me). I then sat and waited for 15 minutes. Finally I was brought back into a conference room with 3 people: a Regional Manager (who was not the person who had emailed me), a Marketing person (the woman who emailed me) and someone else who I still am not sure who she was. The community turned out to be very small and paying far less than I am accustomed to making. If they had specified in the ad or responded to my email we would not have wasted our time.

Java Software Developer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

interviewed at Toll Brothers in November 2013.

1 phone interview