Toll Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toll Brothers.

Interview

It was a group interview with several friendly people and project managers from different sections and departments within the IT department. Each person asked a lot of general experience questions and some other specific skill related questions to determine which department or project would be best suited for me. I was also given a glimpse and some examples of the current projects they were working on and which one I would perhaps be most interested in or best suited to help out with.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any SQL, Unit Testing, or C#/.NET experience?   Answer Question

IT-Application Developer Interview

Interview

Interviewed with my direct managers and an HR employee. No technical questions were asked. The interview seemed to be trying to find a personality that would fit rather than a skilled person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a group situation where your group member was not preforming up to par.   Answer Question

Assistant Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted application on their web site. the next day I was contacted by one of their recruiters. Within the first week I was contacted and had my first in person interview. The following week I had my second in person interview at one of their site developments. At this point I'm waiting to see if an offer will be made.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous work experience help you be scussfull here?   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume via Toll Brothers website. Several weeks later was contacted by corporate recruiter for an over the phone interview. Was invited for a face to face interview at their division headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to leave my current position?   1 Answer

Finance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toll Brothers.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward process. I had one or two phone calls with a recruiter, then a phone interview with a couple of people from the finance group. Then I had an in person interview with everyone from the group. I interviewed while still in College so the interviews were mostly conversational. Wanted to know why I was interested in the job and industry and talked about my past experiences at internships and school.

Property Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiters are very dedicated to finding what they think are the best of the best. They only want top quality candidates and are willing to steal from anyone to get them. The problem is that they are very disorganized in their interview process. From start to end it can take over a month with multiple interviews. My suggestion would be for the company to act quickly when they find someone they like. Death by interview culls out a lot of the best candidates for the position because they begin to feel like you are wasting their time. In the end the recruiters will only end up with people who are second best.

Interview Questions

• No specifics in this area as the interview format is pretty casual and not well structured.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toll Brothers.

Interview

I was referred by another employee and was called by a recruiter to discuss my background. Pretty easy questions. He then called me back to schedule an in person interview with the HR VP. I met with the recruiter first and he asked pretty basic questions again (background, strengths/weaknesses, what do you know about TB?). The recruiter was a super nice guy, made me feel at ease. Then went in to meet with the HR VP (not as nice) and was asked all the general questions again. It felt like they already had filled the position when I was there. I did not get the job but the recruiter promised to keep my info on file.

Mortgage Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a message via linkedin from a recruiter, followed by a phone call. Met with sales manager and then had second interview with regional president. Looped back to HR and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about jumbo experience, self employed buyers, and working in a call center environment.   Answer Question

Greeter/Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Allen, TX).

Interview

I was scheduled to interview with on site sales manager. When I arrived, the Construction Manager was in the interview process as well. I did not feel like the interview went well because I am a licensed Realtor in another state. The questions seem to be more focused on how my experience clearly had me over qualified for the $10 an hour job. I explained I wanted an opportunity to get my foot in the door. I thought that was the end of it until I had received a call to interview with a different on site sales manager. Totally different experience with this site manager. She seemed happy and excited to have someone with so much experience be a part of her team. I got the job! Two week wait process on background check and necessary paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work one Saturday or Sunday every weekend ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The schedule!

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toll Brothers (Horsham, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Received phone call from recruiter and had a 10 minute conversation regarding the role. Met with recruiter and regional manager at different site that I would be working at (actual site was under construction). 1 hour interview that lead to complete online references through a website. Received offer a few days later. Quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your sales process? 2. What makes for excellent Customer Service?   Answer Question