Toll Brothers Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.6

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toll Brothers in December 2014.

Received phone call from recruiter and had a 10 minute conversation regarding the role. Met with recruiter and regional manager at different site that I would be working at (actual site was under construction). 1 hour interview that lead to complete online references through a website. Received offer a few days later. Quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Describe your sales process? 2. What makes for excellent Customer Service?   Answer Question

Secondary Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Toll Brothers in November 2014.

I had a lot of contact between myself and the HR recruiter. I had a quick phone interview which led to an interview. That went well but there were other areas that they had openings in and wanted me to come back for a second interview. The second interview went well and everyone was very professional.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Toll Brothers.

Process of interviewing took a very long time.

Training Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Toll Brothers in March 2014.

While everything was done professionally, and I had an enjoyable experience with those I interviewed with, I quickly came to see that there was no flexibility in what the company was offering, and that they had specific plans for this position which really wasn't going to have any wiggle room. You either fit in or you didn't.

Interview Questions
    • My most unexpected question was what would I do with an underperforming employee. It was not because it in itself was so out of place, but because I was asked it a few times. It provided me with an insight to what my first duty might be.   View Answer

Java Software Developer Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

interviewed at Toll Brothers in November 2013.

1 phone interview
    1 onsite interview

IT Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toll Brothers in September 2013.

One 45 minute phone interview followed by another 1 hour phone interview before being invited into company headquarters for an entire half day of meeting and interviewing with a lot of people. I thought I gave a decent interview, but nobody ever got back to me! I followed up and was told they would give me some feedback after the weekend, and again they didn't even bother! It is a month later and even though I burned a vacation day and came out to corporate and invested 6 hours total in the process, they never had the decency to even take the time to tell me they were no longer considering me. A simple e-mail would have worked... I got NOTHING. Just silence. This is rude and I will never, *EVER* consider Toll Brothers for employment again. They WASTED MY TIME!!

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Toll Brothers.

No issues

Interview Questions
    • Truss and panel design experience a plus. ERP/JDE experience a plus too.   Answer Question
    No neg.

Studio Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Toll Brothers in May 2013.

The interview process was lengthy and with many checks along the way. It seems to work best for referred candidates. I was hired from a referral, and actually got someone hired. HR contacts you for a 30 min phone conversation. Then they bring you in for an interview. Then you submit numerous references that are checked. THEN you pass a credit/background check. After all of those things are in good order, you get an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    They are filling up chairs after a long recession. They have more control over pay because the job is really a production type job. In the architecture department you are pumping out permit sets and they can find lots of people to do that. They in my case did match my last companies salary but were not so willing to go any higher.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Toll Brothers in October 2011.

Standard process, pretty drab actually for such a large company. Overall I wasn't impressed.

Assistant Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Toll Brothers in May 2009.

I was refered by a current employee that I had worked with before at a different company. Since I came highly recommended, they flew me down for a one day interview and put me up in a hotel overnight. I had a tour of the facilities that lasted 3 hours and then I sat with a VP and had a 2 hour interview with lots of questions about LEAN manufacturing.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you think we can improve the business with our current employees, or should we fire them all and start with a clean slate?"   View Answer
    Very straight forward. I told them what I was making and they offered me 10% more than that.