Toluna

Updated Oct 5, 2014

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toluna in December 2012.

Typical, American-style, 1 - telephone interview, 2 - two person face to face. Standard questions. Not a lot of insight given into the position, when I asked about career plan, I was ignored until I asked the interviewer if she had any concerns about my ability to fill this role. She then asked the "most difficult" question listed below.

Interview Questions
    • You are clearly over qualified for this position with your MBA. Why do you want to take this role when it only requires a bachelors?   View Answer
    No negotiations possible. Take it or leave it offer.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toluna in April 2009.

This position was forwarded to me by a recruiter. The company was looking for a Vice President to run their delivery department. I was interviewed by their HR, Finance and delivery departments by phone. There was a follow up in-person within a week where I was asked about my background, etc. I dont believe a back ground check was conducted, as none of my references were contacted.

Interview Questions
    • What business processes were you involved in and how did you deliver.   View Answer

Offer was made, but the offer was very minimal. Something that a junior to mid-level manager would make.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toluna.

Initial interview was technical interview with a senior programmer + RnD leader. Led mostly by the programmer, and focused on checking basic knowledge and programming abilities in the relevant fields.
    Then another technical interview with the head of the office branch + team leader of the team I was interviewed to, including a more riddle-like question (including programming the solution).
    Then initial proposal + rest of the hiring process was managed by the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • In a Binary search tree, given a number X, find the first number in the tree that is bigger than X.
      Program the solution in pseudo code.
        Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Toluna in February 2014.

total 3 rounds, first one is aptitude test which contains quant, LR, English sections. 2nd round was technical based on simple c question after that hr round.

Interview Questions
    • in written test if you attempt 70% question accurately from per section then you will qualify for next round.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Toluna in November 2013.

The entire process began with the aptitude test, followed by a technical test (for those who got selected in the previous test). Then, there is an HR interview, and finally, an interview with the manager. The aptitude test has three sections - Quantitative, Logical, and English. The technical test evaluates general computer programming concepts. It has two more sections - on JavaScript, and HTML/CSS.

Interview Questions
    • There were two such questions - one of them was based on "Permutations and Combinations", and the other was based on "Probability Theory".   Answer Question
    Stipend/salary is non-negotialble

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toluna in August 2013.

It was full day process of hiring having 3 rounds- Aptitude, Technical, Hr. It was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions
    • It was unexpected to me they were considering the profile as a non-It job.   Answer Question

If you're looking for a core IT job then that shouldn't be your preference.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toluna in April 2013.

I was contacted by the HR person to arrange a face to face Interview. I was surprised to see a group Interview was arranged for the position. It was first time for me as had never attended a group Interview.

Four candidates were there for the role. We were joined by 3 people - HR Manager and HR assistant and Sales Manager.

We were shown a short presentation about the company.

Total time was 2 hours for the group interview.

We were given four tasks to perform.

First being to introduce yourself to the group a short brief about yourself.

In 2nd task we were paired and asked to interview each other and and later we had to give a oral presentation about why the other person is fit for this role and why they should hire him only. (Basically to see if you can SELL!!)

In the 3rd task we were asked think about a imaginary situation and pretend to be a character and one or two people can only survive in that imaginary situation so we had to debate and choose a character play for ourselves.

In the last task we were given a sheet and had to to a spell check test.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to convince why other person is good for the job.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timişoara (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Toluna in October 2009.

Very rigurous and demanding!

Interview Questions
    • What would you think about working within this company?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating phrase. It was a take it or leave it kind of offer.

Project Manager - Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Toluna in September 2009.

Interview with HR, Written maths and english, Interview with the Client service head, video conference Interview with the mostly US based account manager or TL

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work in a 24*7 environment   View Answer
    I was at the entry level so no negotiation

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Toluna in August 2008.

Haphazard in some ways, but personable